ADVERTISEMENT

May 29th is here...

ChapelHeeled

All-American
Nov 9, 2011
The guys in the draft have until 11:59 EST tonight to withdrawl. Although I do believe that UNC is probably finished adding guys to this years team there may be a look or two from someone toward UNC. It looks like Ugonna Onyenso is going to withdrawal from the draft. Will be interesting to see who else is going back to college next season. Ought to be a good night to keep up with a few guys...🏀

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I do not think we’re finished another Big will be added even if it’s a Practice Player

Caleb Love withdrew from the draft and will return to Arizona.

30 minutes later Arizona's 5 start shooting guard Joson Sonan just flipped his commitment from Arizona to Arizona State.

• Wow
Reactions: khalidha
T. Brazile pulled out on Monday. Rounded numbers last year were 9 and 6 while shooting 49% from the floor.
Cincinnati Center Aziz Bandago will withdraw and remain with Cincinnati.
Additionally, forward JT Topping is expected to withdraw and go from New Mexico to Texas Tech.
Also forward Terrance Williams is expected to withdraw and go from Michigan to USC...

I actually really like some of these names going back to college ball! It will make the games better and give fans time to get to know some of these potential stars!

Hopefully, Brazille or done!

If you guys were on premium you would have known a while ago UNC was done once Lubin committed. It was only going to take one big all along, as we were reporting a month ago long before anyone else reported it.

If you guys were on premium you would have known a while ago UNC was done once Lubin committed. It was only going to take one big all along, as we were reporting a month ago long before anyone else reported it.
Andrew, just saw an article that said there is still a big out there who likes Alabama, Louisville and UNC...
Can you confirm or deny. Thank you...🎀

Andrew, just saw an article that said there is still a big out there who likes Alabama, Louisville and UNC...
Can you confirm or deny. Thank you...🎀

Someone may like UNC but UNC that doesn't mean UNC is recruiting them. I

There's a lot of trash "media" out there, which is why people can find the truth and accurate journalism here at THI, with plenty of intel in the premium content.

Carolina basketball has become mediocre at best. Once again closing up shop with open scholarships and holes on the roster. Tired of excuses,lackluster coaching and the better than you attitude. More worried about upsetting players on the current roster then competing for a championship.

• Haha
Reactions: RP12 and Tarheels39
Carolina basketball has become mediocre at best. Once again closing up shop with open scholarships and holes on the roster. Tired of excuses,lackluster coaching and the better than you attitude. More worried about upsetting players on the current roster then competing for a championship.
You may be right, but for now we'll just have to wait until next season to see how these decisions go.

Pretty sure Hubert is motivated to take the Heels back to the top, so I'll disagree with the term lacklustre. Inexperienced maybe, but not lacklustre.

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
You may be right, but for now we'll just have to wait until next season to see how these decisions go.

Pretty sure Hubert is motivated to take the Heels back to the top, so I'll disagree with the term lacklustre. Inexperienced maybe, but not lacklustre.
Absolutely inexcusable with huge questions at the 4 and 5 position.

Top 5 team this coming season...🏀

Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing. Worried someone might get upset if someone gets more money. Pitiful. That's what college basketball has become for Carolina.
I understand your disdain but you act like UNC wants it this way and they are the only one dealing with all this crap. Unfortunately this is the new norm. I don’t believe we are as bad off as you think but I don’t like where college sports are either.

Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing. Worried someone might get upset if someone gets more money. Pitiful. That's what college basketball has become for Carolina.
Welcome to the state of college sports as a whole now, this isn't just UNC basketball , it is across the board for all schools. The convergence of NIL and a wide open transfer allowance with feckless NCAA leadership, we have all been run down a rabbit hole with no going back.

UNC as all schools now has to first recruit their own players that have eligibility that are key to your next team and has to insure they are happy and the coaches have to make sure their decisions now as to who they bring in does not upset your current players to the point they decide they want to leave. You have no choice but to work and constantly maintain your current guys.

Some programs have elected to totally rebuild their rosters every season, it is a spin off on the old 1&D programs that always had open starter spots and now have money that does not have to be paid to guys that left you. But ya know, Ky for example ran Cal out of Lexington because his 1&D BS did not work, last time duke won a title was when?

Now to a degree I can understand, you wanted a shooter to replace Ingram and Ryan, we got Tyson but took a guy in Lubin that isn't considered a great shooting threat, be upset that maybe you wanted someone else if you will but that is no more now than the old I prefer this recruit over that one, same as always. Maybe you wanted a proven shooter rather than Seth coming back, maybe you wanted JWit or Jalen to leave and replace them with a new toy but many others, myself absolutely included want the core of our returning players to stay with the program and develop for us, not some other program.

Point being, if today you want us to go hard for either Hawkins or Onyense or even both, you have to realize the effect that has on guys like Jalen/JWit/Lubin/High/Brown. Take away their PT and pay some guys to come in to their spot for more money and you will have a serious locker room problem , your team will not be together, ask a Ky fan how well that worked with Cal. Season before last, we had locker room issues, no one wanted to talk about it but it was a real problem to the extent the team that brought back 4 of it's 5 starters from the prior natty game did NOT make the NCAAT, I would prefer not to see that every season.

• Love
Lol couple years removed from an NC appearance and last year we win the ACC regular season and go into the NCAAT as a one seed.

“medicore”

Do you think an unhappy locker room plays well? What do you think happened the Nance year?

Nance was a bad fit at the stretch 4 (Hubert's system clearly needs a reliable 3pt shooter at the 4.) But Nance was far from the only issue that season.

Ironically Nance would be a wonderful fit as our starting 5 for next season.

Nance was a bad fit at the stretch 4 (Hubert's system clearly needs a reliable 3pt shooter at the 4.) But Nance was far from the only issue that season.

Ironically Nance would be a wonderful fit as our starting 5 for next season.
Yeah, the issue was the 6 other kids that hated getting no PT

The new college basketball world. If you have willing NIL boosters then a coach has no need to develop players. Build a new roster every year with a freshman or two and some free agents. It was funny watching uk and dook have senior nights with the only seniors being walk-ons and managers.

Wonder how much longer we will be seeing the alums coming back for summer pick-up games? Do you really build that relationship with a school and its program if you are only there a year?

Wow. I hadn't thought of this particular impact on our Family! I hope the lure of culture and the influence of the old timers is enough to keep peeps coming back. I mean, you have to do something to keep sharp or work on your game so....why not come here where there is ample iron to sharpen you!!!!!

I think most don’t want to be sharpened. They want $$$$$.

Next move might have to be a salary cap. Why if it’s thought to be needed in most pro team sports is it not proposed for the college teams?

I think most don’t want to be sharpened. They want $$$$$.

Next move might have to be a salary cap. Why if it’s thought to be needed in most pro team sports is it not proposed for the college teams?
That was part of the House v. NCAA settlement. The big 4 will have the average revenue for those teams as their cap to pay athletes.

Great point 75.
I think the point from 75 refers to peeps while still in college. I meant Family returning to work on their games after they get into the pros or wherever their next stage is! I believe a pro does want to be sharpened because he wants to get to that 2nd contract for his generational wealth! The argument could be made, that UNC is a dadgum good place to find sufficient knowledge and competition to sharpen that iron!

Reactions: alabamaheel
I think the point from 75 refers to peeps while still in college. I meant Family returning to work on their games after they get into the pros or wherever their next stage is! I believe a pro does want to be sharpened because he wants to get to that 2nd contract for his generational wealth! The argument could be made, that UNC is a dadgum good place to find sufficient knowledge and competition to sharpen that iron!
I agree. I liked what he said because of the salary cap. You want to be paid like pros then get the same treatment.

Reactions: UNC-75 and TPFKAPFS
I agree 100% with a salary cap too! I think the cap should be what the U is allowed to pay but I still have a problem with restricting the player's ability to sell his NIL to those outside the U. There should be no earnings cap, just a salary cap!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT