ADVERTISEMENT

Miami vs UNC Game Thread

The team looked much better in the 2nd Half. Clearly, things got straightened out at the half. I think all those analysts did their jobs figuring out what Miami was doing and how to stop their successes, and communicating that to the team.

Reactions: blazers
Great job although it wasn’t easy especially to watch with all those flags. Refs gonna be sore

With Alabama barely getting by Arkansas and Southern Cal being destroyed by Notre Dame Carolina should move up to at least number 10 when the polls come out

With Alabama barely getting by Arkansas and Southern Cal being destroyed by Notre Dame Carolina should move up to at least number 10 when the polls come out
We looked top 10 in the third qtr. Top 25 in the 4th.
First half was ugly. So many sacks, so many penalties. Helped by Mia fumbling into the end zone, the ref calling a few BS penalties on Mia. We could easily have been down 10 or more at half.

Reactions: strummingram
We looked top 10 in the third qtr. Top 25 in the 4th.
First half was ugly. So many sacks, so many penalties. Helped by Mia fumbling into the end zone, the ref calling a few BS penalties on Mia. We could easily have been down 10 or more at half.
That's a glass-half-empty perspective... but, I don't disagree.

They briefly touched a level tonight that would be good enough to beat anybody.
Agreed.

3rd Quarter-

UNC outscores Miami 21-0 (24-0 run after fg in 4Q)

UNC 172 yards compared to 47 for Miami

UNC D forces 2 turnovers, punt and a turnover on downs

Had some learning experiences in the first half, at least for Chip Lindsay. One drive they ran the ball for 7 yards on 1st down, threw on 2nd and 3rd downs for zero yards. And then later on when they ran two straight plays for 10+ yards, followed up by 3 straight passes for 0 yards. UNC can stretch teams a bit more now that they finally have someone to take the top off a defense. That opens up the ability to run the ball more effectively. UNC now the only team to beat 5 Power 5 teams by double digits.

At what point? I'm not disagreeing with you, necessarily. I think "anybody" is a stretch.

The run in the third quarter where the defense was on fire and the offense was chewing up big chunks in the running game while the passing game was clicking too. If they play like that for four quarters and clean up the penalties then they have a shot against anyone.

^ Cleaning up the penalties is a must; hands to the face, holding, pass interference. And the same player
lined up twice consecutively in the neutral zone. Can’t a player just look down and see that black line
and put your hand behind it as you assume your stance? 😉

The run in the third quarter where the defense was on fire and the offense was chewing up big chunks in the running game while the passing game was clicking too. If they play like that for four quarters and clean up the penalties then they have a shot against anyone.
I agree... But can they play like that for 4 quarters and clean up the penalties? We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT