ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Carter at Senior Bowl

This conversation probably isn't worth continuing. Everyone agrees on almost everything. We all agree that he quit on his team for money and we agree that he has a right to do that. The only thing that we disagree on is if it's ok to quit on your team for personal gain. Some people think it's ok to be a selfish quitter for money. Some people think being a good teammate is more important.

Easy to say don't go for the money and look out for your self when it isn't your future. That's the main point here. You nor I will ever be in his/their positions so it's easy (as fans) to say, yea, "go play in the programs biggest bowl game".

Reactions: heelfan1961
Well I think we can all agree that my post tore your nerves all to pieces.

I'm sitting here grinning like a mule eating briers.. too funny to me.

Oh yea, all my clothes are in bunches. My 3 year old just said poop smelled bad. Add another astute observation to the list.

Never seen so many people so butthurt over a dude chasing the bag -- like kids do every single year.

I have been just in the quitters suck they are bad teammates mode until listening to him defend this for 2 weeks.

Now I hope he runs to slow, develops a fumbling problem, get caught for PED and ends up working the counter at Lids in the local mall!

There are quiters every year, and they all suck!

I have been just in the quitters suck they are bad teammates mode until listening to him defend this for 2 weeks.

Now I hope he runs to slow, develops a fumbling problem, get caught for PED and ends up working the counter at Lids in the local mall!

There are quiters every year, and they all suck!

I defend anyone and everyone's decision to do what is best for them in this one life.

...Why don't you assholes say that to Javonte in front of him and the Oline and other players. You all are crappy fans!!!
are you implying that javonte would cause physical harm to anyone who dares to criticize him? what an insult to javonte! i assume he's a fine young man, not the impulsive hot head you suggest. (i'd have no problem telling him in person that i appreciate his contributions to carolina's regular season but i was disappointed in the bowl game we might have won with him there.)

I vote to keep it open. Locking threads are dumb. Just ignore and move on if you don't like it.
Why keep picking at a sore? I think anything meaningful on this topic has been said already. We all know where one another stands. Why keep beating a very dead horse? To keep dissension going? There are some posters who seem to love that.

Why keep picking at a sore? I think anything meaningful on this topic has been said already. We all know where one another stands. Why keep beating a very dead horse? To keep dissension going?
There's no sore here. Why try to stop others who may not be done commenting on it? It doesn't hurt a thing to keep it up. Why can't you move along from it if you wish? Why do you think you need to decide what others want to talk about?

Reactions: grillheel
There's no sore here. Why try to stop others who may not be done commenting on it? It doesn't hurt a thing to keep it up. Why can't you move along from it if you wish? Why do you think you need to decide what others want to talk about?
@Archer2 has always gotten off on fan policing. It's going on a decade+ that he's been taking part in this tired trope.

Let's not forget that he pulled for us to lose every game when Fedora was coach. He's a hypocrite.

This free board used to be a pretty good community, but A2 is one of the main reasons no one frequents this board anymore, including yours truly.

@Archer2 has always gotten off on fan policing. It's going on a decade+ that he's been taking part in this tired trope.

Let's not forget that he pulled for us to lose every game when Fedora was coach. He's a hypocrite.

This free board used to be a pretty good community, but A2 is one of the main reasons no one frequents this board anymore, including yours truly.
I do remember. And if you forget, he'll come along and remind you with stuff like this. He could learn something from @NBBears20124ACHAMPS. I don't agree with his stance, but I like that he will defend it without asking for moderators help or demanding a thread be shut down when he no longer enjoys it.

Do you already hate Drake Maye for opting out of High School to enroll early at UNC? Lots of players leave school and miss their playoffs to enroll early.
Maye campaigned to try to get NCHSAA to keep the football season in the fall and not the spring where the plan all along was for him to enroll early. And since he didn't start the season, he wasn't in the roster to even quit. That said, I don't gaf what any player not at Carolina does. I'm a UNC fan.

If advocating for civil discourse and asking why people can’t agree to disagree is ”fan policing”, guilty as charged. I’ve given up hope that you are up to that.

What I said regarding Fed was “I’d take a loss in every game this year if you’d guarantee me that he wouldn’t be back the following season.” I stand by that. Our program was stagnant under Fed and a change was much needed. The PTB recognized that, as well as many of our fans. I want to see the Heels win another ACC title before I die. So sue me!

Sorry you feel I’ve ruined the board, but that’s up to all of the board members to decide for themselves. And I disagree with your statement that ”no one frequents this board anymore.”

There is an ignore feature, BTW.

There is an ignore feature, BTW.
Oh I know. I've had you on ignore for years. @UNC '92 had to alert me that you responded to my text.

What I said regarding Fed was “I’d take a loss in every game this year if you’d guarantee me that he wouldn’t be back the following season.” I stand by that.
Ok... you see how that makes you hypocritical as shit right? Because you're the guy who trolls game threads on TOS and find everyone who, in the heat of a game thread, says "I'm done with this team" (which is obviously just raw emotion, not a factual statement), quote their post, and say some holier-than-thou shit like "We don't need you. Don't come back, you're not a real fan" blah blah.

Yet you chose to actively pull for us to lose. Which is fine, I agree with your premise about Fedora. But it makes you look like the hypocrite you are when juxtaposed with your fan policing.

Oh I know. I've had you on ignore for years. @UNC '92 had to alert me that you responded to my text.

Ok... you see how that makes you hypocritical as shit right? Because you're the guy who trolls game threads on TOS and find everyone who, in the heat of a game thread, says "I'm done with this team" (which is obviously just raw emotion, not a factual statement), quote their post, and say some holier-than-thou shit like "We don't need you. Don't come back, you're not a real fan" blah blah.

Yet you chose to actively pull for us to lose. Which is fine, I agree with your premise about Fedora. But it makes you look like the hypocrite you are when juxtaposed with your fan policing.
tenor.gif

I hated that our guys opted out of the bowl game--but for selfish reasons. I so much enjoyed watching them play this year and wanted to see them another time. Carter and Williams were special. I don't hate them for opting out, but it does tarnish it a little bit.

Man, watching that 2020 highlight reel of Carter--how many times did the defense not even get him on the ground?

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT