ADVERTISEMENT

Mom smacks son on Baltimore street

HighwayHeel

Junior
Nov 20, 2011
A clear case of child abuse. Had this been in a grocery store, a mom disciplining her child for stealing, the shoppers would be horrified and calling the police to arrest this woman.

Yet if she is given the freedom to discipline her child without fear of the basic liberal PC crowd I doubt he would have been on the streets.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I'm not sure what your point is. This mother has become a star for what she did. There's really not anyone coming down on the woman for going out in the middle of a riot, finding her masked kid in a sea of masked kids, jerking his ass off to the side and smacking him upside his dumbass head. If more mothers would take such an interest in their child, these riots wouldn't happen. And there'd be less cops killing suspects because there'd be less suspects.

I bet that poor kid is getting killed at school (if he goes) or in his neighborhood by his friends. Oh the shame.

Reactions: UNC71-00
It is interesting though. What if there were no riots going on and just video of this mom slapping the kid?

Think about that for a second- what if that were the case, and like in most cases, no background story. People would be crying child abuse up one side and down the other. Nevermind that the kid might have been on the corner with drug dealers, or just have skipped school, or anything else. The mom would have been booked and thrown in jail.

Context almost always matters, which is, unfortunately, often not the cae. Or rather people rush to jump to conclusions.

It is interesting though. What if there were no riots going on and just video of this mom slapping the kid?

Think about that for a second- what if that were the case, and like in most cases, no background story. People would be crying child abuse up one side and down the other. Nevermind that the kid might have been on the corner with drug dealers, or just have skipped school, or anything else. The mom would have been booked and thrown in jail.

Context almost always matters, which is, unfortunately, often not the cae. Or rather people rush to jump to conclusions.

Very true. And if that's what the OP was saying, then I agree. But maybe, a situation like this will get people to understand a little better moving forward. Parents of children in these communities almost have to get physical with their kids. Because "time outs" don't necessarily resonate with a more "hardened" kid. Hopefully there can be some discussions moving forward and people will relax on their witch hunts against parents disciplining their child how they need to. It's a fine line. Because Adrian Peterson's situation is so recent and really brought some attention to that type of punishment.

I don't think this was the first time he had been disciplined. More power to this Mom. If he was an ordinary thug he probably would have bowed up at his Mom and not coward like he did.

My mom smacked me a few times growing up. Most of my discipline I received would be viewed abuse by the pathetic PC crowd. There is a line between abuse and discipline. I spanked my kids growing up when they needed it. I did not enjoy it, or get off on it. Most time I would go in the other room and cry. It was a needed thing in my upbringing. If one of my kids was doing this today, I would most likely still go to them because of it.

PREACH ON BROTHER!!!

Yeah, I was at a restaurant once and this little girl was absolutely going insane and would not listen to her parents. So the dad kind of half dragged/pulled her outside or something (not in an abusive way at all and he really had no choice). A couple of idiots called the police and since they were called they had to file some sort of report. I actually let the couple that called the police have it. Bunch of idiots.

Yeah, I was at a restaurant once and this little girl was absolutely going insane and would not listen to her parents. So the dad kind of half dragged/pulled her outside or something (not in an abusive way at all and he really had no choice). A couple of idiots called the police and since they were called they had to file some sort of report. I actually let the couple that called the police have it. Bunch of idiots.

What did they say back when you lit into them?

Reactions: Grayhead
What did they say back when you lit into them?

Nothing. They were being shielded by the police (probably the right move for everyone) and were walking away. I wasn't the only one either. We were actually at The Cheescake Factory in Nashville and there were a number of us who were standing outside when they left who had some things to say to them.

Reactions: Grayhead
By the standards of today's PC world I readily admit I have abused all my children. So call the po-po.

One is a decorated prior Marine who is now a bridge inspector on the 295 project in Fayetteville...I saw him abuse his daughter at church last week.

One is Pre-Med at ECU on an academic full-ride and Reporter/Historian of a national honors fraternity...Phi Sigma Pi.

The youngest is a Jr. at Triton and I'm sure he'll confirm he's still being abused...and when I get out I'll bust his butt for ratting. Free speech has consequences at my house.

But then, I AM a criminal.

Quick question after 50 years of liberal policy running all these big cities...

where exactly are the FATHERS???

Single moms in the black community are the ONLY source of discipline these kids have

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT