ADVERTISEMENT

More mainstream media talk of UConn and Big 12

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Another such ESPN article.

Big 12 Commish Brett Yormark is a NJ native who has many relatives in NYC and has always seen himself as very a NYC area person. He has seemed determined to cajole the Big 12 to take UConn since he got hired.

Again, I wonder if this is about Utah. When a bunch of talk went around at the start of summer about Utah planning to leave the Big 12 for the ACC, I read that Utah had no signed a full GOR, whjch means that it could leave the Big 12 after 1 year with no penalty. If that is the case, then Utah, an AAU school that surely would prefer to remain with Calford and get with UNC, UVA, Dook, Pitt, Miami, GT, etc. might have decided it is leaving the Big ASAP. Then Yormark would know he must add at least 1 school next year, and he wants UConn because of its proximity to NYC.

If that is the case, then the ACC needs to get proactive and try to get Yormark to take BC and Syracuse in a trade for Arizona and AZ ST or for WVU and CIncy. I'd take either pair in a trade. Yormark could have UConn-Cuse hoops with BC bringing in all that Boston class and old BE history. That should make his northeastern heart happy.

That also should make all fans of the ACC very happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT