ADVERTISEMENT

Most important stat from last week

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
I read somewhere a few days ago that against VT, our D played 84 snaps. 7 of our 11 starters played at least 77 snaps.

We have no depth whatsoever on D, or on the OL.

Thankfully Mack and his staff are working hard to remedy the talent & depth on D, as well as going after some additional OL prospects.

It's hard to be patient but I'm trying to enjoy the journey we are on. There is finally hope that UNC football is going to be really good in a few years.

Mack said Chazz, Gemmel, and Ross played every defensive snap against dook. Help is on the way, big time.

Also, we’ve now got commitments from 3 OL.

Get past UVA, then we have a bye week. It is a shortened bye week since the next game is Thursday nite at Pitt, but at least it's a breather. Then the next is Mercer which should give some guys a rest.

Ross was simply outstanding. All those guys played their guts out. If we can get more guys like those three as well as guys like Crawford and Strowbridge, this defense will be unreal especially with Bateman calling the shots.

As I said, big time help is on the way in the ‘20 class. BTW, wonder why Asante isn’t playing? He was a 4* recruit at LB in the last class. There’s a handful of other young guys who aren’t playing either(eg: Triston Miller, Lawless-Sherrill, Asaboro). Are we trying to RS as many as possible? And I thought Barnes would be playing quite a bit as a RSF. Are these guys just not ready, in the minds of the staff?

^Asaboro is on crutches but also been practicing the most with the OL.

Asante is probably a little too small and still learning how to play the position.

Reactions: Archer2
^Asaboro is on crutches but also been practicing the most with the OL.

Asante is probably a little too small and still learning how to play the position.
Thanks. I just thought a few more of our young guys would be playing and we’d have a little more depth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT