ADVERTISEMENT

Movie Thread: Fall/Winter 2018

5xd0.gif
Ok, I lied again... it sucked.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Watched it a couple of days ago. Thought it was pretty good, but about 20 minutes too long.

It did drag on a bit but idk what you could cut and still have the story make sense. I guess it could’ve moved a little faster in the beginning

I saw Rocket Man (Elton John) this weekend. I liked it quite a bit. Was glad I decided not to take my kids though. Although they really like Elton's music, a lot of the film was tough emotionally to take.

I thought Rocket Man was much better, from a story and production and artistic standpoint than Bohemian Rhapsody, the Queen biopic. I guess I wasn't expecting it to have some parts of musical / dance components built into it (like a Broadway show, or La La Land) but they were fairly well done, too.

A main take - away is how totally screwed up people's lives can be, no matter how successful and talented and popular, if they don't have parents or partners who truly love and accept them, personally, for who they are.

Ok, well that's another lie. It didn't suck. It was ok. 6/10
I saw it yesterday. It was decent, but too long. 6/10 is probably about right. Saw John Wick 3 tonight. It was decent, but it was the "worst" of the three. It was basically a two hour fight scene with not much of a storyline.

I wish @heelz2345 was still with us, so he could update the thread title.

“Designated survivor” is pretty good. Its about all the lawmakers in dc getting killed except for the director of hud who was kept out of the capitol as a “designated survivor”. Directed by and stars keifer sutherland and it has a “24” esque quality to it.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

“Ma” doesnt live up to “us” or “get out” but i still liked it. Lonely woman befriends local kids and lets em party in her basement then goes psycho on them.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

“City on a hill” looks great. Only one episode in but it reminds me of the wire a lot. Dirty boston cops in the ‘70’s. Even with kevin bacon who im not a big fan of.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“Deadwood” well it was doomed from the beginning. Movies like this never live up to the series. Seeing how everyone aged was pretty depressing.

⭐️⭐️

“Flea bag”. This is a british comedy/drama that i like a lot. Follows a sexually deviant single woman dealing with death of a friend and dysfunctional family.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ray donovan season 6. I love donovan. The last couple seasons have been down but this one brings it back better than ever. He moves to new york and deals with dirty cops and politicians and bangs some hotties. They kill off a main character which blows me away but oh well.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I saw it yesterday. It was decent, but too long. 6/10 is probably about right. Saw John Wick 3 tonight. It was decent, but it was the "worst" of the three. It was basically a two hour fight scene with not much of a storyline.

I wish @heelz2345 was still with us, so he could update the thread title.
So marvel has decided to rerelease endgame in theaters with extended footage. Guess they disagree with me about the length.

I recently saw both John Wick 3 and Endgame. Both were good, but I liked Endgame more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT