ADVERTISEMENT

Natty gamethread

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
Bama is looking strong so far. Fortunately we won't have to deal with a lot of these dudes next year when we play them in the CFP final

Nice answer by tOSU.

These squads look like NFL teams compared to a lot of the teams in college football. It's insane to see the level that they can get to when most the top talent ends up at only a handful of schools.

Sarkisian is on a completely different level than Phil Longo.

Personnel is obviously a big piece of the puzzle for Bama but I would have loved to see an OC this good working with Howell

Sarkasian is on a completely different level than any other OC in college and personnel is a huge part of it. I love our skill guys but Jones/Smith/Waddle/Harris > Howell/Williams/Carter/Brown/Newsome and their OL > our OL. That's why he's going to be a HC next season and not an OC. Longo should be watching the play calls tonight though and adding some pages to the play book.

Sarkasian is on a completely different level than any other OC in college and personnel is a huge part of it. I love our skill guys but Jones/Smith/Waddle/Harris > Howell/Williams/Carter/Brown/Newsome and their OL > our OL. That's why he's going to be a HC next season and not an OC. Longo should be watching the play calls tonight though and adding some pages to the play book.

There are a few other guys who are at Sark's level (or close enough) in terms of play calling and offensive game planning. And I'd take Howell over Mac Jones every day of the week. Agree with the rest of it though

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
maybe but i don't think so, note that I'm combining Sark and his personnel in this statement. would Sark be as good somewhere else, i don't think so. Sark has 3 of the top 5 or 6 heisman guys on his offense this season, should be pretty easy to call plays. and i think the world of sam and think if he were the Bama QB this season he would have great stats (he had great stats with us). i do wish sam was a little taller so we could do more of the quick slants but i would be very happy with a sam howell QB every season forever at unc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT