ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

Seeing how Juwon Howard’s team plays gives me hope that our teams if they were coached by Sheed ot Stackhouse would look like that too

I don't think there's anything wrong with our style. Go to more of a 4 out look a la Luke Maye when personnel dictates it, but otherwise outmuscle people in the post, crash the boards and push the ball up the court. I think our problem has been getting the right guys and obviously having them stay for more than a year.

Reactions: tarwhiz and gary-7
Why? Just because Juwon Howard's team is having a good season, doesn't mean the other Fab 5 players could do the same thing.

Im talking about someone who played a long time in the NBA who understands defensive rotations and pick and roll offense. because even though college basketball enthusiasts wont admit it, the NBA plays a much higher quality game than college does. Howard was on the Heat staff for 8 years. Spo would coach circles around these college coaches

Reactions: bobcrane14
Im talking about someone who played a long time in the NBA who understands defensive rotations and pick and roll offense. because even though college basketball enthusiasts wont admit it, the NBA plays a much higher quality game than college does. Howard was on the Heat staff for 8 years. Spo would coach circles around these college coaches
Well, if they show they can do it... great. Coaching is a very unique skill that is separate from playing the game.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I don't think there's anything wrong with our style. Go to more of a 4 out look a la Luke Maye when personnel dictates it, but otherwise outmuscle people in the post, crash the boards and push the ball up the court. I think our problem has been getting the right guys and obviously having them stay for more than a year.
Some fans don't seem to notice that Few's Zags teams took the next step a few years back when he adopted the Carolina Secondary Break.

Calvin Sampson gets Houston back to the four. He should of had them there a couple years back, when the crazy unlikely finish against Michigan kept them out.

Say what you want about his checkered past, but the dude can coach.

Baylor is ridiculous.
Baylor has four guards that are better than any of ours were this year (Butler, Mitchell, Teague, Flagler). That's not just because Coby went a year earlier than expected in 2019. We simply cannot leave the cupboard so bare and inexperienced.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Choked? They played the 1 seed. What on earth are you talking about...

You always hear that they are the greatest thing since the wheel and no matter who they play they find a way to lose in March. Idc if it is a number one seed could have been a double digit seed and they would have wet the bed.

You always hear that they are the greatest thing since the wheel and no matter who they play they find a way to lose in March. Idc if it is a number one seed could have been a double digit seed and they would have wet the bed.
They made it to the Sweet 16. That's about their skill level this year (top 15 team).

I have no memory of what you are referencing
You wish... I wish!

UCLA has made this tournament worth watching all by themselves! Their games have been great. I wanted them to win because I felt like the game on Monday would be worth watching. I think Gonzaga blows Baylor out of the water on Monday. It's a shame this wasn't the final game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT