ADVERTISEMENT

ND's Wimbush to UCF?

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Milton has another year left. Does Wimbush 'know' Milton will not be ready for 2019? I think the guy who replaced Milton was a Sophomore, and he did a good job.

Will be funny if he can’t win the starting job at UCf either
If Milton comes back, Wimbush could be 3rd team at UCF. I should know the name of the guy who replaced Milton after the injury because he did a fine job.

That is a huge upgrade in weather. He'll be sauntering to class in January wearing shorts and feeling a warm sun on his face.

And he probably won't have to compete much for the starting job, which is what he wanted.

And he probably won't have to compete much for the starting job, which is what he wanted.
But he has to sit a year, right? Surely he hasn't already graduated.

Miami may have poor QB play again this fall. We need a D to jump on that.

He would have to sit out a year unless he comes up with a reason for the hardship waiver. I'm sure the job will be his in 2020 unless Perry lights it up this year.

It's kind of ironic that he would have to miss a year when his new head coach went from Miami to Temple and then back to Miami in less than two weeks and it's business as usual.

Tate Martell has an attorney and feels good about his appeal to bypass the sit-out.

Fields will probably not have to sit out. Antonio Williams didn't have to sit out. Duke had some OL that didn't have to sit out. Since the NCAA looks bad for not paying players, I have a feeling they are bending pretty easily on the transfer rules. Plus look how easily it is for players to get a 6th yr due to medical reasons. That wasn't an automatic thing in the past but Fritts is getting his, i've heard Thomas Jackson will be eligible for one if we're keeping him.

That's what happens when Adidas is your sponsor. They have some of the ugliest uniforms in sports.

Adidas can still make a uniform with the same look though. The NFL and NBA both switched companies but all jerseys still look the same.

It's kind of ironic that he would have to miss a year when his new head coach went from Miami to Temple and then back to Miami in less than two weeks and it's business as usual.
Years ago, I decided that a player should be allowed to transfer without being forced to sit a year if either his HC or his OC/DC left the school. A player signs with coaches, and if the main ones he signs with leave, he should be free to move on too.

Years ago, I decided that a player should be allowed to transfer without being forced to sit a year if either his HC or his OC/DC left the school. A player signs with coaches, and if the main ones he signs with leave, he should be free to move on too.

If players will never get paid, let them transfer without sitting out no matter the situation. At least give them that. But since we are talking about a sport governed my Mark Emmert, common sense will never prevail.

If the NCAA allows Fields to play next season and denies Martell, he will sue. And others will follow his lead.

The NCAA with the Fields decision will either act to keep its rules in place, or to see them get brushed aside by courts sooner rather than later.

And my guess is that they will change sooner rather than later, at least to allow players to play immediately if the coach they signed to play for leaves.

If the NCAA allows Fields to play next season and denies Martell, he will sue. And others will follow his lead.

The NCAA with the Fields decision will either act to keep its rules in place, or to see them get brushed aside by courts sooner rather than later.

And my guess is that they will change sooner rather than later, at least to allow players to play immediately if the coach they signed to play for leaves.

I agree with your general point but I think this has more to do with ther decision on Martel. Fields wants to transfer due to alleged racist comments directed towards him. That's serious. Martel wants the same waiver because his coach retired / left the program. Those are two completely separate issues so I can see them letting fields play and martel sit a year. If they let martel play, the transfer rule is finished.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT