ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s team...updated

We currently have 3-4 small forwards on the team and I personally think the team would be better with Walton getting most minutes at the 3.
We are not looking to ADD another 3 to this team.
The ABSOLUTE biggest neef for this team is a starting 4 and a backup 5.
I guess my fear/concern is watching Leaky get 30 minutes a game again next year which is why I was saying a three. I definitely agree with needing a 4 to go along with McKoy and a 5 to go with Bacot.

Reactions: arshadali8888
If we get anything other than a 4 (true or stretch) or 5, it has to be a superlative shooter with some size to play combo 3/4!

I guess my fear/concern is watching Leaky get 30 minutes a game again next year which is why I was saying a three. I definitely agree with needing a 4 to go along with McKoy and a 5 to go with Bacot.
I am with ya on Leaky. The player that started the last two years can't get the same type of minutes as he has in the past. That has not worked for two years. I am hoping he is an improved experienced Senior, but a big jump has to be made.
If we can pull in Manek to play alongside Bacot, I think we can play smaller in the backcourt.

Reactions: gd15nc
I'd hate to bet the farm (or the season) on it, but maybe Puff is in a position to challenge, push, and ultimately take minutes from Leaky? It would explain the APPARENT lack of urgency to chase a knock down shooter at the 3.

...or maybe Coach has more faith in Leaky than do most of the UNC fan base? I know that is hard to justify given his performance up until now, but ya never know.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Lew Alcindor and Chris Jackson!

Are we just naming peeps??? Or was that a subtle way to give out a nugget?

Fingers crossed for nugget!

Reactions: uncfootball-
There is no reason for anyone to play 30+ minutes a game next season barring injury! Have peeps looked at what we might have? If we get Bacot back and two signees, why would anyone play more than 20-25+? But if Leaky does play starter minutes it will only mean he is the best option! I will gladly watch him represent my team!

It is embarrassing for peeps to keep trashing our players or coaches! Litter Box and Rat Hole are looking for fans and they love this type of thing!

I think we need another BIG to backup Bacot assuming he comes back. With our history of injuries and just plain rotational sense another big is really needed IMO. Obviously that need is tripled if Bacot leaves

Md just signed a transfer galloot from G Town .... 6 10 240 inside banger. That is the type of player we need to come off the bench OR pay serious minutes to help inside

Reactions: CJBlue
There is no reason for anyone to play 30+ minutes a game next season barring injury! Have peeps looked at what we might have? If we get Bacot back and two signees, why would anyone play more than 20-25+? But if Leaky does play starter minutes it will only mean he is the best option! I will gladly watch him represent my team!

It is embarrassing for peeps to keep trashing our players or coaches! Litter Box and Rat Hole are looking for fans and they love this type of thing!

Agree. Mike Irby would not put up with this. I miss him.

I think now that UNC has landed a stretch 4 from the transfer portal (Manek), that the roster is shaping up o shift to what Coach Davis coverts, shooters ….

I think now that UNC has landed a stretch 4 from the transfer portal (Manek), that the roster is shaping up o shift to what Coach Davis coverts, shooters ….
Oh yeah that kid, the one Bubs said "would not play at UNC"...this board sure ain't what is usta be.
Agree with key, we need another big badly.

So you think Roy was recruiting players to set screens and rebound?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT