ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2020-21

Yeah - left Brees out of it for that reason, assuming he's back with the Saints. I'm similar to yours, with a few changes...and my hot take that Tua is going #1.

Brady - Pats
Cam - Bucs
Teddy - Carolina
Hill - Saints
Rivers - Colts
Jameis - Raiders
Tua - Cincy
Burrow - Miami
Herbert - Chargers

Yeah - left Brees out of it for that reason, assuming he's back with the Saints. I'm similar to yours, with a few changes...and my hot take that Tua is going #1.

Brady - Pats
Cam - Bucs
Teddy - Carolina
Hill - Saints
Rivers - Colts
Jameis - Raiders
Tua - Cincy
Burrow - Miami
Herbert - Chargers
Whoa! Just a swag on Tua, or you hearing something that cincy might trade down?

Whoa! Just a swag on Tua, or you hearing something that cincy might trade down?

Couple things...Tua's hip is checking out perfectly, he's going to absolute crush the predraft interview process, and Burrow isn't exactly saying great things about Cincy.

I think they stay at 1 and just take Tua.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Couple things...Tua's hip is checking out perfectly, he's going to absolute crush the predraft interview process, and Burrow isn't exactly saying great things about Cincy.

I think they stay at 1 and just take Tua.

no way...they’ll trade back before that and tank for trevor.

he’s being cleared for stuff, but there’s no guarantee he’s ready for contact unless the bengals are floating bs.

brady-chargers
cam-raiders
teddy-patriots
rivers-colts
jameis-dolphins
burrow-bengals
tua-steelers
herbert-saints

brady-chargers
cam-raiders
teddy-patriots
rivers-colts
jameis-dolphins
burrow-bengals
tua-steelers
herbert-saints
You thinking like me re: Cam?

I took a swag with the Raiders. Since they are making it known that they would offer Brady big bucks; if Brady sticks with Pats (and I think he will), then Vegas might go after Cam because they want someone to move the needle. And they seem to be soured on Carr.

Reactions: gteeitup
You thinking like me re: Cam?

I took a swag with the Raiders. Since they are making it known that they would offer Brady big bucks; if Brady sticks with Pats (and I think he will), then Vegas might go after Cam because they want someone to move the needle. And they seem to be soured on Carr.

think he’s healthy?...there’s a $19 million dollar savings if they just release him...they might even try and say he’s not and cut him that way...there’s no way i’d what to pay him that if he can’t even complete a full season.

probably just me, but seems like a perfect gruden project.

dalton and maybe stafford also in play for a new home.

think he’s healthy?...there’s a $19 million dollar savings if they just release him...they might even try and say he’s not and cut him that way...there’s no way i’d what to pay him that if he can’t even complete a full season.

probably just me, but seems like a perfect gruden project.

dalton and maybe stafford also in play for a new home.

I don't get why Detroit would do this...it's a heavy cap hit to even trade him, he was really good last year before he got hurt, and they are a few pieces away from being good. If they aren't actually shopping him then they are doing a real shitty job with their half denials.

I don't get why Detroit would do this...it's a heavy cap hit to even trade him, he was really good last year before he got hurt, and they are a few pieces away from being good. If they aren't actually shopping him then they are doing a real shitty job with their half denials.

agree...i wouldn’t do it this year.

Gotcha. The hype machine is churning, so I expect he will go early. It's crazy how QBs get picked these days, but if you dont have a decent one, then you have to take that chance I guess.

media in dallas is having fun with it...don’t pay Dak $35+, trade him for picks, then draft a qb, and sign one of the soon to be released as a bridge to the future.

Reactions: Heelicious
media in dallas is having fun with it...don’t pay Dak $35+, trade him for picks, then draft a qb, and sign one of the soon to be released as a bridge to the future.

Oh god. Just sign him. He's good, he's young, and that contract will look better and better once Mahomes, Watson, etc. all sign their big deals.

@gteeitup did you see that Emmitt came out and said maybe Dak should take less (like $28) and make up for it with endorsements? (Dak already is on like 10% of the commercials during the season it seems).

Emmitt is taking serious heat for his suggestion from Dallas sports media, and some past teammates of his....

….but is it crazy to ask Dak to actually prove something, to win and / or lead in crunch time, playoffs, before he gets paid like a top 5 QB? He's not top 5 now - and I don't think he ever will be.

Is the alternative so bad? To trade picks etc to get Burrow or Tua, etc.... and see where they will be in 2-3 years, compared to where Dak will be - but you're paying those guys way less money. It is an option to at least consider.

NFL is a passing league and I am far from convinced that Dak will never be an elite, top 10 passer. If Cowboys want to focus on Zeke and a run game, fine. But you can get almost any QB to do that, and pass about as well as Dak. If they do sign Dak, they have to be convinced he can become a signicantly more consistent, accurate passer.... not just a rushing QB and "game manager".

My man Greg Olsen signs with the Seahawks. I hate to see him go, but dude couldn't stay on the field the last few years. If he can stay healthy, he'll have a great year with that former Wisconsin QB throwing to him.

@gteeitup did you see that Emmitt came out and said maybe Dak should take less (like $28) and make up for it with endorsements? (Dak already is on like 10% of the commercials during the season it seems).

Emmitt is taking serious heat for his suggestion from Dallas sports media, and some past teammates of his....

….but is it crazy to ask Dak to actually prove something, to win and / or lead in crunch time, playoffs, before he gets paid like a top 5 QB? He's not top 5 now - and I don't think he ever will be.

Is the alternative so bad? To trade picks etc to get Burrow or Tua, etc.... and see where they will be in 2-3 years, compared to where Dak will be - but you're paying those guys way less money. It is an option to at least consider.

NFL is a passing league and I am far from convinced that Dak will never be an elite, top 10 passer. If Cowboys want to focus on Zeke and a run game, fine. But you can get almost any QB to do that, and pass about as well as Dak. If they do sign Dak, they have to be convinced he can become a signicantly more consistent, accurate passer.... not just a rushing QB and "game manager".

yes...i think emmitt is still stuck in the 90’s...he still has his faculties so he’s lucky...dudes are trying to get paid early and often.

i personally don’t think it’s a bad idea to transition tag him so if any team wants to pay him $27+ per long term, let them negotiate and give us the picks...at least then we can move up for burrow or herbert, and sign rivers, carr, or brissett, and go on.

or transition tag amari, get compensation for him, franchise dak at $27+ to work toward a deal and draft ruggs, jeudy, or lamb at wr and roll.

for me, i’m about team building and trying to win a title before the qb is due for the second contract or if you’re signing him, have a defense in place so he doesn’t have to be brees, brady, peyton, rodgers, etc.

17 game season, and 2 more playoff teams sounds like its gonna happen.

Not a fan of either of these

i’m with you...the owners have these guys bent over a barrel again.

they want more meaningful games, but cap payment of $250,000 pp...they want revenue from extra playoff games, so they throw in a new thc policy...they essentially get rid of article 46, but then give roger the power to appoint the judge, jury, and executioner...hate the fact that you couldn’t tag two players either, selfishly hate it more this year.

a small part of me would enjoy the extra playoff game come january...i also go back and forth with this bye thing.

Ya, I could definitely do without the preseason games. Completely useless, but they like them cuz money. Not really sure how they've swindled their way into making money off that subpar product, but that's why.

I wouldn't mind an extra week of regular season, but can obviously understand why the players wouldn't want it.

The extra playoff team is the dumbest thing I've heard though. Although, if it means only the top team in both conferences gets a bye, that could make it interesting. But I think I heard the two teams that would have made it this past year would have been the Steelers and Cowboys, two 8-8 outfits that had no business being in the playoffs at all. So ultimately I think it'd just water down the product.

My man Greg Olsen signs with the Seahawks. I hate to see him go, but dude couldn't stay on the field the last few years. If he can stay healthy, he'll have a great year with that former Wisconsin QB throwing to him.

I almost got in a fight with Greg Olsen in high school...still hate his guts.

Yeah, I could see that he could be a dick. But on the field, he was damn good for 3, 4 years for the Panthers.

I didn't realize he was from Jersey. I knew he played at da U.

So quick story...

He also played basketball (wasn't all that good, just a typical football player playing basketball) and we played them in summer league every year. My senior year when we played them I had like 30 going into the 4th so I guess he was pissed off? I drove into the lane and all I see is like an arm swing toward my head and he clobbers me. Even in HS, this dude was like 6'4'' 240lbs so he just took me out since I was 175lbs soaking wet. I didn't realize who it was so I get right up all pissed off looking to confront whoever did it. Standing in front of me is Greg Olsen and his massiveness. I quickly backed down cuz I didn't wanna die but he's still a bitch.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
major trades and signings going down with free agency beginning and cba agreed to.
@gteeitup - Dak got tagged, which is what I hoped would happen. JJ and the Cowboys will still end up paying him big money, maybe even before the season starts. And maybe it PO's Dak and his agent.

..or maybe it will help Dak show the character I think that he does have as a leader and a high-integrity guy. He could pout and be a diva, and end up maybe getting bigger money at a true perennial garbage team like Jax, Miami, NYJ, Washington, etc. or he could be a hero in the most prolific, most famous, most covered and watched team in the league.

I've seen that he put up huge stats last year. Good for him. Its a passing league. The stat he needs to improve on, the only one that matters, is wins and losses, and his clutch performance in big games. I don't think he was anything special in these situations last year. He could put up some gaudy numbers in some early season blowouts against teams like Washington and the Giants....but then not be able to do enough to win crucial, winnable, one posession games against even average teams like Philly. Until he can consistently win against average and even good teams, how can he say he is a top 5-8 QB worth top 5-8 QB money?

amari and cobb are free agents and all dallas has is gallup at wr...byron jones, a top 5 corner, is also a free agent...i don’t know what the hell is going on down there.

and wtf is houston doing!?!?!?

amari and cobb are free agents and all dallas has is gallup at wr...byron jones, a top 5 corner, is also a free agent...i don’t know what the hell is going on down there.
asleep at the wheel?
a day late and a dollar short?
I think JJ is delusional / senile / dimentia - thinking top talent guys want to play for the Cowboys and "compete for a titile" (give me a Fing break) instead of getting paid more elsewhere (with as good of - or better chance to win elsewhere .... how many guys have bolted the Cowboys and competed for a title? I think there were 3-4 ex-Cowboys in the Superbowl THIS YEAR alone).

I hope people smarter on how things really work are making the decisions and understand how Jerryworld has lost its luster and his traveling circus won't have people stay there for less money

@Heelicious byron jones a dolphin @ $17 million per...thank god he’s not in the nfc east as rumored.

eta: i’m calming down because i just remembered about compensatory picks...however, if you don’t sign free agents, you better draft like a beast killer, a la patriots...they build rosters with comp picks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT