ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2020-21

don’t forget, new tv deal in two years will make an apy of $40mill look great for a top 8 qb.
I wondered about this. I thought due to COVID, no fans, tickets, concessions, etc.... the cap was maybe going down even. I suppose the TV deal will have nothing to do with COVID, or maybe even be bigger with more watching at home. We should be out of the COVID woods for the most part by even this fall, I assume.

Reactions: gteeitup
I wondered about this. I thought due to COVID, no fans, tickets, concessions, etc.... the cap was maybe going down even. I suppose the TV deal will have nothing to do with COVID, or maybe even be bigger with more watching at home. We should be out of the COVID woods for the most part by even this fall, I assume.

from what i understand, disney initially wasn’t close to what the league wanted for mnf...and i think mnf has lost a lot of luster the last decade or so, but that contract reportedly will be in the neighborhood of $2.5 billion per year, wowzers.

cbs and nbc are pretty much going pay to $2 billion per to continue and fox is balking at $2.25 billion, up from just over $1 billion...throw in amazon possibly getting thursday nights, we’re talking a ton of money lining pockets.

the cap is basically flat this year at $185 million, but in two years it could be north of $250 mill per team.

and what will directv pay to continue to have exclusive rights?...that will be interesting because to my knowledge they are the only company that has such rights...there is no other way to watch out of market games...i thought by now we’d have the opp to buy single games, but alas we still don’t...i live in panthers country, but i’d pay $20 to watch dallas games that aren’t on a national broadcast.

Reactions: Heelicious
from what i understand, disney initially wasn’t close to what the league wanted for mnf...and i think mnf has lost a lot of luster the last decade or so, but that contract reportedly will be in the neighborhood of $2.5 billion per year, wowzers.

cbs and nbc are pretty much going pay to $2 billion per to continue and fox is balking at $2.25 billion, up from just over $1 billion...throw in amazon possibly getting thursday nights, we’re talking a ton of money lining pockets.

the cap is basically flat this year at $185 million, but in two years it could be north of $250 mill per team.

and what will directv pay to continue to have exclusive rights?...that will be interesting because to my knowledge they are the only company that has such rights...there is no other way to watch out of market games...i thought by now we’d have the opp to buy single games, but alas we still don’t...i live in panthers country, but i’d pay $20 to watch dallas games that aren’t on a national broadcast.
I'd pay that much, too, and I bet they could offer the games for way less. I think DirectTV only costs around $100 / year for an NFL package for like 17 weeks for any / all teams, right? And its a little different but ESPN+ I think we get for about $5-6 per month.
I'd love to be able to pay for ACCN just to get the Heels games here in Minneapolis, like this coming Wednesday. I'd pay at least $100 per year for that. You're right it seems like we'd be at the point where you could buy single games or even single networks, ala carte. It'd get closer to a true supply and demand free market model.
The cable packages and the mish mash of channels, 70-90% channels that any one cable subscriber doesn't watch, is a dying model.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT