ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2020-21

Bengals release Dalton. No surprise there. Do the Pats scoop him up?

What about Cam? Doesn't seem like he's getting any real interest yet. I guess everyone waiting to see how he's recovering from surgery.

not entirely, but for an additional $900,000 it’s an upgrade at backup and some insurance...wonder what dak is thinking now?
Yes - I misread it. I thought the cowboys were netting $2m. Instead they forego $2M on Rush and pay Dalton $3M. But like you mentioned the +$900k is a rounding amount in terms of the cap.

I think he is just a proven backup - and at least all the front office says its just a backup upgrade and not leverage against Dak. Still - if things somehow went sideways with Dak - dalton could be a serviceable starter. To me that does seem like leverage. If Dak holds out, it’s not necessarily like the team has a severe liability at backup QB. Dak is much better than Dalton though imo.

Reactions: gteeitup
I would release Dak and laugh all the way to the bank. The Cowboys gave Dak many chances. Dalton has at least one good year left. The Cowboys are fortunate not to have overpaid Dak.

Money quote from Earl "Stuff like this happens"..... being found in bed with your brother and some other woman (not your wife), and your wife is on the brink of blowing your brains out ....

IDK I guess I live a sheltered boring life because "stuff like this" doesn't happen to me.

@gteeitup I guess we can say the Cowboys dodged a bullet by not signing Thomas a year ago.

the mahomes deal is interesting...look forward to seeing the guarantees and signing bonus...i mean, w.t.f.

the mahomes deal is interesting...look forward to seeing the guarantees and signing bonus...i mean, w.t.f.

$477 million with the chance to make it over $500 if he's good throughout it.

NFL cap goes up each year so this won't look as crazy in 5-6 years as it sounds now. Plus, he's cheap the next 2 years so the real money doesn't kick in til 2022 and the cap will be even more inflated.

He's 24. Super Bowl MVP. League MVP. The face of your franchise and the sport. Give the guy his money and be fortunate he's your QB for the next 12 years.

$477 million with the chance to make it over $500 if he's good throughout it.

NFL cap goes up each year so this won't look as crazy in 5-6 years as it sounds now. Plus, he's cheap the next 2 years so the real money doesn't kick in til 2022 and the cap will be even more inflated.

He's 24. Super Bowl MVP. League MVP. The face of your franchise and the sport. Give the guy his money and be fortunate he's your QB for the next 12 years.

He’s everything you said he is. But that contract is absurd.

the real deal is the tv contracts are up in 2022 so lookout for chaos and regular dudes making $20 mill py...it’s the reason why dak wants less years...he wanted 4/$35(banking on the market) whereas cowboys were offering 5/$35.

according to what i’m reading, and i’d like to think i’m reading it right, the mahomes number is not reflective of the cap increases going forward, so that’s another interesting detail.

washington fans

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: strummingram
@strummingram

Keep reading that there’s gonna be some bombshell report released today or tomorrow implicating redskin ownership and org in a huge sex scandal involving their cheerleaders. Owner may be forced to sell by nfl.

Ya this thing is getting hyped big time. It makes sense that Snyder was finally open to the name change after saying he'd sell before changing it in the past. Probably hoping to buy some goodwill before this thing dropped.

I wonder what it entails. Kraft got rub and tugs at a massage parlor, Jim Irsay pops pills like they're going out of style, Jerry Jones has had a ton of uncouth moments, Marc Davis does things to PF Changs that are illegal in 10 states, and they all still have their teams. I wonder what this could be if it's putting Snyder's ownership in jeopardy.

Ya this thing is getting hyped big time. It makes sense that Snyder was finally open to the name change after saying he'd sell before changing it in the past. Probably hoping to buy some goodwill before this thing dropped.

I wonder what it entails. Kraft got rub and tugs at a massage parlor, Jim Irsay pops pills like they're going out of style, Jerry Jones has had a ton of uncouth moments, Marc Davis does things to PF Changs that are illegal in 10 states, and they all still have their teams. I wonder what this could be if it's putting Snyder's ownership in jeopardy.

sounds like they might have been sex trafficking the cheerleaders. Wasn’t there some sort of scandal a few years ago about them having to pose topless or something?

Why? I thought you weren't going to be a fan anymore.
Another point about Redskins, that proves it isn't really offensive. I have seen and heard the WORD "Redskins" more in the last 3 weeks than the last 20 years. The guilty white people haven't invented a euphemism for Redskins. They just write, or say "Redskins." They don't do that with "niggger." They have "The N Word", which allows them to say "niggger" again, with impunity. The N Word means one thing.

Redskins isn't as offensive because people have no problem saying it or writing it. It's also why it's not always a slur. And, truth be told, "niggger" isn't always a slur. To me, "The N Word" is always a slur, ironically.

Last edited:
Hey, look at this all black football team finally getting a state championship ring after all these years. Good for them.

Derp. Their nickname is the Indians.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/us/georgia-championship-50-years-later-trnd/index.html

I wonder what @gary-7 thinks of this situation.
Blacks >>>>>> Native Americans in the "2020 Racial Power Rankings" so this makes sense.

Now, if it was an all Native American football team that won a championship 50 years ago with a team name of a certain word that Strum just dropped a couple poasts above - I think we can safely say it wouldn't be lauded in the news right now.

Blacks >>>>>> Native Americans in the "2020 Racial Power Rankings" so this makes sense.

Now, if it was an all Native American football team that won a championship 50 years ago with a team name of a certain word that Strum just dropped a couple poasts above - I think we can safely say it wouldn't be lauded in the news right now.
Well, I've been told it's ok to use racist names for football teams as long as you claim it's to honor the group. Had they used that word it would be ok as long as they said it was honoring them.

hearing these two things, so who knows;

possible sell by snyder because minority owners want out

“culture” issues all the way up

AS a lifelong REDSKINS fan since 1964. I have hated Snyder since, well since he bought the team. This latest bit of rumors and perhaps REAL news, could be the single BEST thing to happen to the Redskins since he bought the team. I am gob smacked at this point . SEX trafficking ???

ADVERTISEMENT