ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

A little bit of craziness surrounding Deshaun Watson, eh? Now hearing of a third lawsuit being filed. Yikes. He may not need to worry about playing for the Texans (or anybody for that matter) if this stuff is legit.

Reactions: gteeitup
question about this watson thing.

first, i’d call houston now and offer two 2nd rd picks...seriously.

does anyone think houston could be leaking stuff on purpose to make watson have to stay?

next, can someone explain what happened today with the tv deal?...i just read that directv may not have the sunday ticket anymore...this is what has held that company up to be honest.

maybe my vaccine is giving me the brain fog, but i don’t get the new deal for out of market games...i do understand the cap exploding in two years because of the other networks, it’s gonna be nuts.

Washington thinking about keeping the Washington Football Team as their permanent name. Wish they would have went with Football Club and trolled everyone with a tomahawk logo.

Agreed.

Just odd that once 1 or 2 got filed, the floodgates opened.
we never learn. When it goes beyond one or two, just ignore the floodgates opening. Prolly guilty of all that and more but then again certain people tend to get hysterical and pile on, lawyers play dirty tricks, etc., etc. But people see the numbers and guilt keeps adding up.

I always want to say that if something all that egregious took place, you shoulda made a case when it happened...you sorta owed it to future victims to do so. If you didn't make a case then, then STFU now.

Oh I forgot..always believe the woman. You HAVE to.

Looking like Bridgewater experiment might be coming to an end.
Darnold... ugh. This is more disappointing to me than Hubert getting hired.

I like Teddy, but he just couldn't get it done last year in all those close games. Sometimes he drove me nuts starting out those 2 minute drives like he had all the time in the world. And then only getting them in position to kick 60 yard field goals. It wasn't good enough.

Darnold... ugh. This is more disappointing to me than Hubert getting hired.

I like Teddy, but he just couldn't get it done last year in all those close games. Sometimes he drove me nuts starting out those 2 minute drives like he had all the time in the world. And then only getting them in position to kick 60 yard field goals. It wasn't good enough.

Low risk. We weren't drafting a franchise QB and weren't able to get one in FA. Jets were a mess, so who knows could turn out alright. Darnold at least has an arm. Plus we keep our 1st rounder which should be a good pick or enough value to trade down.

this is interesting considering the 49ers have been interested in drafting a qb this entire offseason...should be a fun night.

this is interesting considering the 49ers have been interested in drafting a qb this entire offseason...should be a fun night.

This will indeed be interesting - in that GB is saying "no way will we trade ARod" - and at the same time, some rumors out there, statements he may have made, saying "no way do I want to be back in GB"

@Heelicious my hope for us tonight is horn or surtain, but if they’re gone, then sewell or slater.

however, if pitts falls, gimmie gimmie gimmie, lol.
100% agree.
The Kiper mock draft has Cowboys taking Surtain II at 10, I hope he is available then. Seems like the real deal. I think he or Horn should be available. I don't track the draft that much at all. Who is Pitts? What position does he play?

The Cowboys need to load up on defense especially secondary and linebackers, in a big way. Then maybe get a good O lineman or two in the late rounds. No need for tight ends, WR, RB, QB.

100% agree.
The Kiper mock draft has Cowboys taking Surtain II at 10, I hope he is available then. Seems like the real deal. I think he or Horn should be available. I don't track the draft that much at all. Who is Pitts? What position does he play?

The Cowboys need to load up on defense especially secondary and linebackers, in a big way. Then maybe get a good O lineman or two in the late rounds. No need for tight ends, WR, RB, QB.
pitts is the new breed tight end...can line up anywhere, giant catch radius, runs like a wideout, and is a mismatch for a corner/safety/lb.

checkout his film from u of florida...he’s probably going to atlanta unless something crazy happens.

Reactions: Heelicious
That's a pretty good stat to have, although not surprising since they churn out ~5 first rounders seemingly every year and have 1, at most 2, losses every year - if that. I'd be surprised if Dabo didn't have the same.

Belichick drafting Saban players is the #1 NFL coach drafting college coach players combo in history.

@Heelicious fukk...if you need an all-purpose backer, draft davis or even surratt in the 3rd.

i’m not drafting a lb in a premium draft spot, ever.
well, I don't follow it that closely, but I am OK with that pick. I think some had Micah Parsons as the best defensive guy in the draft, or at least the best linebacker. It was disturbing that the two DBs went just before Dallas's pick, but I don't think they should have traded up, either. Maybe they discussed it.

I'm not sure the Cowboys had any big time legit linebackers. Jaylon Smith is inconsistent and has issues. His ability and play doesn't nearly match what he thinks he is, with all the yapping and showboating in-game on the field while personally getting burned. Vander Esch may have trouble staying healthy.

The only other pick they could've made - was some good offensive lineman, I think from Northwestern, but they really need to load up on defense. I suspect more secondary, and a couple linemen, and maybe a TE will be among the next guys they take. It was nice to get a third rounder for only moving down two spots. They have five picks in the top 100, now.

Looks like the UK corner was a decent pick. Was originally at Alabama. Looks athletic and quick with ability to get interceptions. I never realized how many college players opt out of playing an entire season these days.
pretty good...he also has another career, @bossmanfat1

he’s a great corner, just need his playing career not his other. 😬

eta: golston also solid

still need a safety & o-lineman

Michael carter coming out early to get drafted in 4th rd is a huge mistake that cost him literally millions of dollars. One more season piling up huge numbers would have raised his draft stock considerably.

Michael carter coming out early to get drafted in 4th rd is a huge mistake that cost him literally millions of dollars. One more season piling up huge numbers would have raised his draft stock considerably.
I thought Carter was a senior.

You still feel that way? I mean yeah, it sucked that those guys bailed on the bowl game, but it's not as bad as that pussy kessler walking away from the next season when he's gonna be a starter, and potential superstar for us.
They are all self-centered pricks who deserve to fail miserably. You do NOT quit on your teammates, your coaches, and your school. You just don't do that. Kessler barely made any contribution. He seems like a perpetual mama's boy... so, Adios! But, the other three who quit on the team when they needed them the most? I disown them, as a fan.

Reactions: Grayhead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT