ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

They are all self-centered pricks who deserve to fail miserably. You do NOT quit on your teammates, your coaches, and your school. I disown them, as a fan.
I don't quite look at them the same, but I hear ya. To me, they are still Tar Heels and I'll pull for them to do well at the next level.

Kessler barely made any contribution. He seems like a perpetual mama's boy... so, Adios!
Yep. Good riddance to the douche-wad and his momma/poppa drama. I will never look at him as a Heel, and won't care if he sucks for the rest of his career.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
You still feel that way? I mean yeah, it sucked that those guys bailed on the bowl game, but it's not as bad as that pussy kessler walking away from the next season when he's gonna be a starter, and potential superstar for us.
I don't like Kessler as a person, but at least he finished the season. Those guys quit during the season.

Reactions: strummingram
Michael carter coming out early to get drafted in 4th rd is a huge mistake that cost him literally millions of dollars. One more season piling up huge numbers would have raised his draft stock considerably.
Good thing he sat out the orange bowl. Would have been undrafted if he would have made the mistake of playing.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I think early on in the season he was. As the season went on, he passed him. I believe Carter was still expected to go higher than he went through. I think the consensus was mid third round.
Was it worth it for Williams to go early, given the draft pick he got?

They say RBs should go if they get a projection for the top 3 rounds. I don't think it was worth skipping the orange bowl, but I think his ceiling was probably mid 2nd even if he comes back. RBs aren't as valued as they use to be.
i don’t get the etienne pick at all...they have an elite back already and if they’re going to let trevor be trevor, they better keep him upright.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Dyami and Dazz should’ve gotten together and both came back. Offense would have been off the charts and they both would have been putting up huge numbers for a high profile team. Very easily could’ve moved way up the board next year.

Running backs are essentially doomed. They are chased and attacked by eleven brutal men on every play. At least Williams and Carter suffered fewer hits than star backs on other teams.

Dyami and Dazz should’ve gotten together and both came back. Offense would have been off the charts and they both would have been putting up huge numbers for a high profile team. Very easily could’ve moved way up the board next year.
Newsome was a senior, right?

Newsome was a senior, right?

Yeah but he could’ve used the fifth bonus year from Covid if he wanted to. I was actually surprised that he didn’t come back when dyami declared, because then he would’ve been the #1 receiver on a super high power offense with a first round draft pick QB. I think he would’ve moved up a few rounds but I’m no draft expert by any stretch of the imagination.

Now it’s Beau time. If he fully recovers I think he could be better than both of em. Dude is mega physical and has better hands for sure

Do you need the football players to be seen as being "better or worse" than Kessler?

I don't need them to be seen in any particular way. But I personally wouldn't put them all on the same level. I mean, Chazz is working on his master's degree at UNC. That's a far cry from someone that made plans to leave halfway through his freshman year.

I don't need them to be seen in any particular way. But I personally wouldn't put them all on the same level. I mean, Chazz is working on his master's degree at UNC. That's a far cry from someone that made plans to leave halfway through his freshman year.
Okay... but, that's just a relative comparison. It's opinion. I don't care if Chazz Surratt becomes a nuclear physicist at UNC. He, and the other three former football players, will be seen as quitters... FOREVER. They quit on UNC football when UNC football needed them the most. If I were him, or any of them, I'd be ashamed of myself.

Walker Kessler fulfilled his obligation to UNC athletics just as much as they did. I doubt that I will think fondly of ANY of them, going forward. It just seems kind of petty to try and make the football players out to be better (or worse) than Kessler.

Okay... but, that's just a relative comparison. It's opinion. I don't care if Chazz Surratt becomes a nuclear physicist at UNC. He, and the other three former football players, will be seen as quitters... FOREVER. They quit on UNC football when UNC football needed them the most. If I were him, or any of them, I'd be ashamed of myself.

Walker Kessler fulfilled his obligation to UNC athletics just as much as they did. I doubt that I will think fondly of ANY of them, going forward. It just seems kind of petty to try and make the football players out to be better (or worse) than Kessler.

Even from an athletics standpoint - Chazz Surratt was a Parade All-American at QB and we recruited him as a QB. Pretty rare for someone like that to not transfer when things don't work out for them as expected. That's essentially what Kessler did. To me, there's a real difference.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
In a meaningless exhibition game? The non-playoff bowl games are useless.
The Orange Bowl has cache. It's not the Meineke CarQuest Bowl. I get what you're saying, but I think Dazz Newsome's assessment put it best: "There's no way I was going to miss that game."

That's fair too - the NY6 bowls are definitely better than the rest of the crap. They should keep those and get rid of everything else.

I certainly would have loved to play in that game if I had D1 talent. Although I could see myself opting out if I had NFL talent.

That's fair too - the NY6 bowls are definitely better than the rest of the crap. They should keep those and get rid of everything else.

I certainly would have loved to play in that game if I had D1 talent. Although I could see myself opting out if I had NFL talent.
Opting out? That's a euphemism for: Quitting on my teammates when they really needed me. Quitting on your teammates isn't a very good trait for a football player.

Opting out? That's a euphemism for: Quitting on my teammates when they really needed me. Quitting on your teammates isn't a very good trait for a football player.
good thing it’s not part of the recruiting process...how do you think the conversation would go if a college coach asked a 16 year old if he’d sit out a bowl game to prepare for the nfl?

I totally get some of the frustration, but Mack is still supporting these guys.

OTOH, there is a case to be made that Roy was tired of dealing with prima donnas like puss-boy and his family, contributing to him no longer feeling he is the right man for the job.

I totally get some of the frustration, but Mack is still supporting these guys.

OTOH, there is a case to be made that Roy was tired of dealing with prima donnas like puss-boy and his family, contributing to him no longer feeling he is the right man for the job.
Of course Mack is going to publicly support them. He doesn't have a choice. I'm betting that he didn't think that way though.

In a meaningless exhibition game? The non-playoff bowl games are useless.
This would be true for Alabama, NY6 for UNC is a huge deal. Maybe the biggest bowl game we've ever played. Certainly the biggest since the 50's. They could have kept some of my respect if they would have been honest about why they were sitting out. Just say "thanks guys, but I'm not finishing the season because I want to get paid and I don't think the bowl game helps. It's not about injuries because I'm playing in the senior bowl." If Carter says that, I still have respect for him. Lucky for him, he shot right up the draft boards.

This would be true for Alabama, NY6 for UNC is a huge deal. Maybe the biggest bowl game we've ever played. Certainly the biggest since the 50's. They could have kept some of my respect if they would have been honest about why they were sitting out. Just say "thanks guys, but I'm not finishing the season because I want to get paid and I don't think the bowl game helps. It's not about injuries because I'm playing in the senior bowl." If Carter says that, I still have respect for him. Lucky for him, he shot right up the draft boards.
i’ll support/cheer for them because i want those guys to be successful in life...i would’ve loved chazz as a pick for my team because need.

i’ll support/cheer for them because i want those guys to be successful in life...i would’ve loved chazz as a pick for my team because need.
Good for you. I'll give you the brownie points you want for being a wonderful person. As for me, I wish them no harm, but I couldn't care less about what they do now.

Reactions: bobcrane14
Michael carter coming out early to get drafted in 4th rd is a huge mistake that cost him literally millions of dollars. One more season piling up huge numbers would have raised his draft stock considerably.
Or, say he comes back for a 5th year and then tears his ACL. He'd be a 23-year-old rookie RB (by the time the 2022 season begins) coming off a major injury. The lifespan of a RB in the NFL is the lowest of all positions. Get your $ while you can because the team will cut you for a cheaper/younger player quickly.

Or, say he comes back for a 5th year and then tears his ACL. He'd be a 23-year-old rookie RB (by the time the 2022 season begins) coming off a major injury. The lifespan of a RB in the NFL is the lowest of all positions. Get your $ while you can because the team will cut you for a cheaper/younger player quickly.

He considered not coming back last year.

Well, if those teammates had my back with a nice insurance policy where they'd collectively pay the difference in lifetime contract value lost if I blew out my ACL in the Orange Bowl, I'd be glad to have their back and play in the game.

Well, if those teammates had my back with a nice insurance policy where they'd collectively pay the difference in lifetime contract value lost if I blew out my ACL in the Orange Bowl, I'd be glad to have their back and play in the game.
If you require such fictional nonsense, then you have no business even playing any kind of team sport. There is no such insurance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT