ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

matt stafford is going to kill it in this offense…always liked his arm talent, now he’s got play-action.
he tore it up tonight!

And, a big shout-out to Drew Brees and his new hair!

E-4ZkPEXEAgnCbo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: gteeitup
That just doesn’t look right...
He's got the bucks for the best available "restoration." I thought something looked different, and googled "Drew Brees..." and the search bar's second choice, before I finished typing, was "...new hair."

He's got the bucks for the best available "restoration." I thought something looked different, and googled "Drew Brees..." and the search bar's second choice, before I finished typing, was "...new hair."

Elon Musk pulled it off. Money definitely helps. But it just looks weird on Brees for some reason

aaron rodgers 👀
My drafting him in second round in fantasy was his curse for this year, I am guessing. It is just one game, but wow I didn't see that coming.

I also drafted RB Derrick Henry as second pick overall in our draft .....I sure know how to pick them.

My drafting him in second round in fantasy was his curse for this year, I am guessing. It is just one game, but wow I didn't see that coming.

I also drafted RB Derrick Henry as second pick overall in our draft .....I sure know how to pick them.

I never take a QB before round 5 or 6.

I had the 4th pick in our draft and I took Henry too. I didn't like it either. I figured he was due for a down year or an injury. He's had good luck so far in his career. RBs don't often get through 5-7 years unscathed. But I hated Elliot more. I should have reached for Chubb.

Reactions: Heelicious
aaron rodgers 👀

He’s pissed about having to play for them this year and he’s taking them down with him
Unfortunately I think this may be pretty accurate. But living in Minnesota...I can say the Packer fans as a whole can be pretty obnoxious, intolerable, so I won't mind if GB struggles.

Unfortunately I think this may be pretty accurate. But living in Minnesota...I can say the Packer fans as a whole can be pretty obnoxious, intolerable, so I won't mind if GB struggles.
Fair enough. We packer fans can be insufferable. Watching Rodgers body language yesterday I saw something I haven’t seen. Kind of reminded me how Favre used to get sometimes. When favre felt it just wasn’t gonna happen he would start slinging it at random. Two int’s for Rodgers is him not gaf.

Fair enough. We packer fans can be insufferable. Watching Rodgers body language yesterday I saw something I haven’t seen. Kind of reminded me how Favre used to get sometimes. When favre felt it just wasn’t gonna happen he would start slinging it at random. Two int’s for Rodgers is him not gaf.
What little I saw of the GB game yesterday, I agree with you that Rodgers seemed out of sync, not fully bought in, sort of still holding a grudge against LeFleuer and GB GM, etc. Not like he's on fire to prove himself, get another GB contract.

Regarding GB fans: I have a lot of great friends who are GB fans individually. The obnoxious part is some of the collective groups you get around, who state that they are fans and experts on GB football, and they love their team...and they explain how you should know everything about them and love them too. Sort of obnoxious.

But I've been to a couple games in Lambeau and overall they are good, decent fans. Docile, and just good natured sparring. Not mean a-holes as a group like you might encounter in a city like Philly or when there was a team in Oakland.

How about giving us the rest of your team? I need to know who I should start working on trades to dump. Ha, ha.

It's one game. Ty'Son Williams, RB for the ravens, is probably a great play tonight. The rest of the year? A very tentative maybe. Particularly with Rodgers, I'm guessing he'll be back in a big way going forward.

• Haha

i think henry will be fine, i picked him at 6…the problem for them is their defense…they couldn’t stop anyone last year, so they could be throwing a lot…lol their defense in the red zone was worse than dallas, which is saying something.

wonder if denver will try and send a low ball offer in a trade.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
i mean, i have grown to completely appreciate this dude…he and elway to me are the best ever…however, lol i can’t think of another player that would do pressers like this.

This MNF game has been one of THE BEST ever!

The Raiders had it in OT and pooped the bed.

Then Jackson poops the bed!

totally forgot to put this up the other day…i’ll probably regret it next week because dallas plays them sunday. 😎

ok.. I will watch NFL games on occasion. Not a diehard, have to watch every week.

BUT.. I stumbled across this Monday night game with Peyton and Eli calling the action. To me this is the best broadcast ever. Sort of like just hangng out with a buddy watching the game. If these two did this more often I'd be a regular watcher.

ok.. I will watch NFL games on occasion. Not a diehard, have to watch every week.

BUT.. I stumbled across this Monday night game with Peyton and Eli calling the action. To me this is the best broadcast ever. Sort of like just hangng out with a buddy watching the game. If these two did this more often I'd be a regular watcher.
this got a lot of play last week, glad you brought this up…it’s really good and if it brings the fringe in, all the better…both mannings are really awkward and really good at the sell.

I can't stand Eli. He was super overrated as a player. He was also extremely awkward in interviews, so I don't think I would enjoy his commentary.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I can't stand Eli. He was super overrated as a player. He was also extremely awkward in interviews, so I don't think I would enjoy his commentary.

Well so far Peyton talks most of the time. Best part is they call out what the players/ coaches are doing wrong. It's funny to me.

@gteeitup what do you think of the Cowboys, three games in? I know last night they were hyped with first home game in a long time with fans, Dak back, presenting HOF / ring of honor stuff....but on offense they look pretty good / set at every position; at least every skill position. I am pretty sure they have the best WR set in the NFL especially when Gallup gets back. And their TEs Schulz and Jarwin are both looking good. Pollard and Zeke are both looking good this year, and Dak seems to be more accurate and has become a really good decision maker including outside the pocket and on the move.

Their defense still seems to give up quite a few yards to obscenely wide open guys on short underneath routes, but their 8 takeaways in 3 games leads the league. It was 11 games before they had that many last year.

Micah Parsons is a beast, and I like their secondary quite a bit too, especially Diggs. 3 picks in 3 games - impressive. #9 from Notre Dame (Jaylon something) still bugs me. Always seems to be a lot more showboating than playmaking. And just slow. Got outrun by Hurts, etc often last night. Shows up with fake hustle after the play is over.

And - hopefully they get some guys back before others get injured but they seem to have some depth. They seem to tackle a lot better. I am good with what Dan Quinn has done so far. They seem to swarm and hit and play aggressive especially in the secondary, a lot more.

I am under no grand illusion - they likely will find a way to return to the pack, underachieve - its the Cowboys way - but there is no reason they should not win the East, and hang with most teams in the NFC too. The NFC East looks quite weak again.

Will be interesting to see them play Carolina this weekend. Carolina is a quiet, sneaky 3-0. I don't recall who they've played and beaten. Is there news on whether McCaffrey is out or is playing?

Will be interesting to see them play Carolina this weekend. Carolina is a quiet, sneaky 3-0. I don't recall who they've played and beaten. Is there news on whether McCaffrey is out or is playing?
The Panthers have played the two worst teams in the NFL, the Jets and the Texans, as well as a not very good Saints team. So tough to know for sure if they're a legit 3-0 or a fraud 3-0, but I'd bet on the latter. CMC is out for at least this weekend and probably more.

@gteeitup what do you think of the Cowboys, three games in? I know last night they were hyped with first home game in a long time with fans, Dak back, presenting HOF / ring of honor stuff....but on offense they look pretty good / set at every position; at least every skill position. I am pretty sure they have the best WR set in the NFL especially when Gallup gets back. And their TEs Schulz and Jarwin are both looking good. Pollard and Zeke are both looking good this year, and Dak seems to be more accurate and has become a really good decision maker including outside the pocket and on the move.

Their defense still seems to give up quite a few yards to obscenely wide open guys on short underneath routes, but their 8 takeaways in 3 games leads the league. It was 11 games before they had that many last year.

Micah Parsons is a beast, and I like their secondary quite a bit too, especially Diggs. 3 picks in 3 games - impressive. #9 from Notre Dame (Jaylon something) still bugs me. Always seems to be a lot more showboating than playmaking. And just slow. Got outrun by Hurts, etc often last night. Shows up with fake hustle after the play is over.

And - hopefully they get some guys back before others get injured but they seem to have some depth. They seem to tackle a lot better. I am good with what Dan Quinn has done so far. They seem to swarm and hit and play aggressive especially in the secondary, a lot more.

I am under no grand illusion - they likely will find a way to return to the pack, underachieve - its the Cowboys way - but there is no reason they should not win the East, and hang with most teams in the NFC too. The NFC East looks quite weak again.

i think they’re really good…they should win the very down east…i cannot believe how good parsons is at multiple positions…when they get completely healthy, they could be a top 10 defense…his win rate at end vs top tackles for a linebacker has been tremendous…i also like how multiple they are…like you, i’m over jaylen smith…they should’ve traded him this past off-season…he’ll be gone after this year.

as far as offense, it’s just wild af…if teams want to stop zeke, cool, they’ll throw it around the park to multiple threats…you want to stop the pass and pressure Dak, fine, they’ll run zeke and pollard until you’re tired and worn down.

mccarthey still leaves a lot to be desired with clock management… it will hurt them down road…two to’s with a minute twenty left and you don’t use them to score more points?…then last week at the end settling for a 56 yarder to win?…that s needs to be fixed soon.

i don’t know how carolina will score points this week…cmac is not going on ir so he’s either a game time decision or they expect it be less than three weeks…i believe it’s a mandatory three weeks if a player goes to injured reserve…can’t recall all these new rules with rosters now.

• Love
i think they’re really good…they should win the very down east…i cannot believe how good parsons is at multiple positions…when they get completely healthy, they could be a top 10 defense…his win rate at end vs top tackles for a linebacker has been tremendous…i also like how multiple they are…like you, i’m over jaylen smith…they should’ve traded him this past off-season…he’ll be gone after this year.

as far as offense, it’s just wild af…if teams want to stop zeke, cool, they’ll throw it around the park to multiple threats…you want to stop the pass and pressure Dak, fine, they’ll run zeke and pollard until you’re tired and worn down.

mccarthey still leaves a lot to be desired with clock management… it will hurt them down road…two to’s with a minute twenty left and you don’t use them to score more points?…then last week at the end settling for a 56 yarder to win?…that s needs to be fixed soon.

i don’t know how carolina will score points this week…cmac is not going on ir so he’s either a game time decision or they expect it be less than three weeks…i believe it’s a mandatory three weeks if a player goes to injured reserve…can’t recall all these new rules with rosters now.
I agree with every word you typed above.

Diggs is a stud, too. Actually their whole secondary has taken a big step up from last year.

Agree entirely on McCarthy as coach. He sort of screwed up the end of first half last night, though it wasn't too egregious. I guess I feel like Kellen Moore is doing OK, but you have to be able to design a play to get a half yard at the goal line. Play action fake and roll Dak out to pass or run....so hard to defend.

I give McCarthy no vote of confidence. He just doesn't do it for me. But I am liking the way they are playing as a team.

@Heelicious this is what i mean…and now you’ve got it on tape, so to speak.

Yes - this is sort of bad, but not as bad as end of game last week. A case can be made that you don't want to call timeout and give Philly a chance to go for it and convert on 4th down, then go on to score....but that is sort of a weak, passive approach.

I think he should've called time out when it was evident Philly wasn't going for it on 4th down, but it wasn't a complete clusterfk like end of game last week.

Last edited:
@Heelicious this is what i mean…and now you’ve got it on tape, so to speak.

I know its been said a lot, but I really enjoy the Manning brothers doing the broadcasts. ESPN2 hit a home run with this idea, including bringing on guests, but now they are off for a few weeks.

The whole flow of just a couple guys watching a game over a beer in the living room is perfect...with the added benefit that each of these guys knows a lot more than the average broadcaster especially the ones on ESPN MNF. I never considered switching over to the regular broadcast.

The guests they have on are hit and miss, but generally pretty good. They had Lebron on last night, and while people can differ on liking him (I don't like him at all) - hard to deny he's dumb as a sack of hammers.

I did like the convo with Stafford and Saban though. Both Mannings are pretty good at finding funny and interesting stories seemingly ad lib to relate to their guests (like LBJ being given a contract offer by Dallas, Saban and all the Bama players plus Hurts transfer from Alabama to Oklahoma, the Eli / Ole Miss / Saban connection, etc)

I know this is blasphemy for me, but I actually don't mind Eli at all now. I always thought he was overrated and i didn't like him as a player. But he seems fairly humble with a lot of football intelligence, and is not as over-the-top, need to talk all the time, like Peyton can be. Their jabs back and forth seem natural and make for good TV. The Eli shots at Peyton's head/ forehead, and finding a helmet that could fit him, were pretty funny and spot on

I know its been said a lot, but I really enjoy the Manning brothers doing the broadcasts. ESPN2 hit a home run with this idea, including bringing on guests, but now they are off for a few weeks.

The whole flow of just a couple guys watching a game over a beer in the living room is perfect...with the added benefit that each of these guys knows a lot more than the average broadcaster especially the ones on ESPN MNF. I never considered switching over to the regular broadcast.

The guests they have on are hit and miss, but generally pretty good. They had Lebron on last night, and while people can differ on liking him (I don't like him at all) - hard to deny he's dumb as a sack of hammers.

I did like the convo with Stafford and Saban though. Both Mannings are pretty good at finding funny and interesting stories seemingly ad lib to relate to their guests (like LBJ being given a contract offer by Dallas, Saban and all the Bama players plus Hurts transfer from Alabama to Oklahoma, the Eli / Ole Miss / Saban connection, etc)

I know this is blasphemy for me, but I actually don't mind Eli at all now. I always thought he was overrated and i didn't like him as a player. But he seems fairly humble with a lot of football intelligence, and is not as over-the-top, need to talk all the time, like Peyton can be. Their jabs back and forth seem natural and make for good TV. The Eli shots at Peyton's head/ forehead, and finding a helmet that could fit him, were pretty funny and spot on
as long as i have nothing invested in the game, i love it…if dallas is playing, i have to leave it on the broadcast…otherwise, i agree.

why are they off?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT