ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

I'm really happy for Mitchell. I'm also interested to see where the rest of the guys go. I know it's homerish but I think a lot of our guys are going to be steals. I mean Hood, Switzer, Logan, Hollins, Bug, Big Naz. Shit the more I think about it the more upset I get that we ended up 8-5 this past year.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I am life long UNC and Bears fan. Excited to see mitch go to the Bears, but honestly they gave up too much to get him. This pick will either produce the future QB to save the franchise or will sink it to the depths of the Browns.

I cannot stand the Bears, but I will pull for Mitch to do well. I do not understand why they gave up so much to get him. It puts a ton of extra pressure on him. I actually think given a real opportunity Glennon will do well for someone in the league so I just do not understand the move. I was hoping he would slide down a few spots and the Browns would move up and get him. Then the Browns have a chance to get Watson at 12 and do not. I give the Browns a C-. Guess you could say I am not sold on Miles being great at the next level.

I am life long UNC and Bears fan. Excited to see mitch go to the Bears, but honestly they gave up too much to get him. This pick will either produce the future QB to save the franchise or will sink it to the depths of the Browns.
Lol no they didn't. The media is blowing this up soooooo much. For this draft, it was a third and fourth round pick in this draft, and they already had a second 4th round pick in this draft*. So in essence, for THIS season, all they gave up was their third round pick. That's it. Teams trade out of the third round all the time every single draft. They didn't give up some king's ransom like the media is hyping.

*Yes, I'm aware they gave up next year's third too. That's a non-starter because so many picks will change hands between now and next year's draft that they'll get and give away many picks.

Lol no they didn't. The media is blowing this up soooooo much. For this draft, it was a third and fourth round pick in this draft, and they already had a second 4th round pick in this draft*. So in essence, for THIS season, all they gave up was their third round pick. That's it. Teams trade out of the third round all the time every single draft. They didn't give up some king's ransom like the media is hyping.

*Yes, I'm aware they gave up next year's third too. That's a non-starter because so many picks will change hands between now and next year's draft that they'll get and give away many picks.

I agree that they didn't give up a king's ransom - but I do think it was too much. Those 3rds and 4ths definitely have value - even if they're not the haul that the media is making them out to be.

The Bears should have found out all they needed to know when they realized SF would do a deal like that. Once they realized SF was willing to swap spots for some mid round picks - they should have realized they weren't taking Mitch there. If Mitch was their guy - their QB of the future - you think they could be persuaded to not take him for a couple 3rds and 4ths? No way. They should have backed out of the deal, let SF take Solomon Thomas at #2, and then drafted Mitch at #3.

I agree that they didn't give up a king's ransom - but I do think it was too much. Those 3rds and 4ths definitely have value - even if they're not the haul that the media is making them out to be.

The Bears should have found out all they needed to know when they realized SF would do a deal like that. Once they realized SF was willing to swap spots for some mid round picks - they should have realized they weren't taking Mitch there. If Mitch was their guy - their QB of the future - you think they could be persuaded to not take him for a couple 3rds and 4ths? No way. They should have backed out of the deal, let SF take Solomon Thomas at #2, and then drafted Mitch at #3.
The rub came in because San Fran said other teams were approaching them looking to trade up as well.

I'm guessing that Mitch's #2 pic is the highest a Tar Heel player has ever been drafted in the NFL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT