NFL free agency has begun

gteeitup

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
Columbia, SC
your team's needs?

opinions on other moves?

i'd be happy to get a pass rusher, a replacement for demarco murray, and maybe a corner.

as far as other moves...what chip kelly is doing to the eagles is kinda crazy...the saints just traded jimmy graham for a starting center and a 1st round pick, wow!...i don't what kind of production the dolphins expect from suh with that contract.

Is Murray gone from the Cowboys? Where to?

As for the my team - the Panthers - they need a speedy deep threat WR, and some O-Line help, but not sure if they'll find much out there.

murray isn't gone yet...personally, i'm not really interested in paying big money to a rb and he deserves to get paid...hearing jacksonville for murray.

Have a QB we will GLADLY trade to ANYBODY! Takers?
cool.r191677.gif

as a Skins fan I am delighted with the signing of the DT from Da Bears. Cooley has seen him on tape and LOVES his motor and love of the game He gets STRONGER as the game progresses

BTW the mad scientist Chip Kelly just traded his starter to the Rams for Bradford

Kelly has either traded or cut his entire set of skill players over the last two years ...he BETTER be right or those wonderful "Philly ""FANS""" cough cough will run him out of town.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
murray isn't gone yet...personally, i'm not really interested in paying big money to a rb and he deserves to get paid...hearing jacksonville for murray.
With the O Line in Dallas, let Murray go and get Petterson, who obviously wants to play in Dallas. While I love Murray he is injury prone. This year being an exception to the rule. Better to trade him while his value is high. Hopefully we get a ton from Jax for him, it it goes that way.

Graham to Seattle is crazy...takes them to another level! If Johnson signs with the Colts it certainly moves them up a notch or 5!

Originally posted by Old_School59:

With the O Line in Dallas, let Murray go and get Petterson, who obviously wants to play in Dallas. While I love Murray he is injury prone. This year being an exception to the rule. Better to trade him while his value is high. Hopefully we get a ton from Jax for him, it it goes that way.
if it were possible to trade free agents, i would also trade him...if he does go elsewhere, we'd get a compensatory pick, probably a 4th.

lol at the eagles' moves right now...holy moly, he's going all-in...he might be coaching ucla or arizona st next year at this rate.

if it were possible to trade free agents, i would also trade him...if he does go elsewhere, we'd get a compensatory pick, probably a 4th.

lol at the eagles' moves right now...holy moly, he's going all-in...he might be coaching ucla or arizona st next year at this rate.
I'm taking the Paul Harvey approach with the Eagles...I'm not going to judge until I hear the rest of the story.....the dude has proven to be somewhat of a mad scientist, so we shall wait and see!!!

Interesting, TASTY rumor swirling that the Saints could trade Brees to Tampa in exchange for the Bucs' #1 overall pick. They would then use that pick to select Jameis Winston. NOLA is in salary cap HELL right now (thus the Graham trade), so this would make sense. They'd get a jumpstart on rebuilding for sure.

Hmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Interesting, TASTY rumor swirling that the Saints could trade Brees to Tampa in exchange for the Bucs' #1 overall pick. They would then use that pick to select Jameis Winston. NOLA is in salary cap HELL right now (thus the Graham trade), so this would make sense. They'd get a jumpstart on rebuilding for sure.

Hmmmmmmmm
that's interesting...by the way, your bucs just got my guy, former tar heel, bruce carter...dammit!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm
that's interesting...by the way, your bucs just got my guy, former tar heel, bruce carter...dammit!!!!
You JUST beat me to it....was fixing to post that. Ohhh yeah
cool.r191677.gif

Hmmmmmmmm
I simply don't understand the love for Winston….I don't think he is even close to being a Cam Newton….I would not use a top 10 pick on him…and really there is not a QB in this class that I would pick with my #1 pick….just not sold on them!! Mariotta would be my top QB if I had to pick one!!!

Originally posted by GACMAN:

Hmmmmmmmm
I simply don't understand the love for Winston….I don't think he is even close to being a Cam Newton….I would not use a top 10 pick on him…and really there is not a QB in this class that I would pick with my #1 pick….just not sold on them!! Mariotta would be my top QB if I had to pick one!!!
Strongly disagree. I don't like the dude, but Winston is going to be a stud in the NFL. Pro size, pro arm strength, pro mobility (i.e. can escape a rusher and still look downfield. He's a pocket QB with mobility, not a scrambler), and what's more, he has a thorough understanding of X's and O's. The FSU system is very NFL-esque.

Mariotta will require time to learn an NFL playbook and learn NFL footwork and technique like taking snaps from under center, which he almost never did at Oregon.

I like how the Panthers have approached the offseason. If history has taught us anything at all, it's that you do not win a Super Bowl by making a big FA splash in March. Sit back and let Miami overpay for Suh...let Chip Kelly do all the wheelin' and dealin' he wants...let Jim Irsay and the Colts compile all of those old, big-name players to sell a few tickets. At the end of the day, I would bet money that none of these teams making the big splash will win come next January. It just never pans out, yet the flashy teams always fall for this trick.

Panthers are smart to sit back, pick their spots (aka, grabbing Ginn back) and let the market settle down. If you're a good talent evaluator, you can almost always find young - HUNGRY - talents who haven't made their max contract, who can and do come in and play lights-out.

Originally posted by Blue2010:
I like how the Panthers have approached the offseason. If history has taught us anything at all, it's that you do not win a Super Bowl by making a big FA splash in March. Sit back and let Miami overpay for Suh...let Chip Kelly do all the wheelin' and dealin' he wants...let Jim Irsay and the Colts compile all of those old, big-name players to sell a few tickets. At the end of the day, I would bet money that none of these teams making the big splash will win come next January. It just never pans out, yet the flashy teams always fall for this trick.

Panthers are smart to sit back, pick their spots (aka, grabbing Ginn back) and let the market settle down. If you're a good talent evaluator, you can almost always find young - HUNGRY - talents who haven't made their max contract, who can and do come in and play lights-out.
Totally agree. I think Gettleman (sp?) has done a good job overall since taking over as GM, especially considering how cash-strapped the Panthers were with all the life-time achievement awards that Hurney handed out to Delhomme and the running backs.

greg hardy, come to dallas big fella.
This will be a really good pickup if McClain is back also.
don't hold your breath...hearing negotiations are at a stand still...probably why they signed two lb's this week.

and don't forget, he's being fined four games for taking a banned substance so the onus is on him to sign.

i think dez is next

greg hardy, come to dallas big fella.
This will be a really good pickup if McClain is back also.
don't hold your breath...hearing negotiations are at a stand still...probably why they signed two lb's this week.

and don't forget, he's being fined four games for taking a banned substance so the onus is on him to sign.

i think dez is next
Will Sean Lee ever be back?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT