ADVERTISEMENT

NO ,NO.................. GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully there is no truth that we are playing our home games in Durham.

LOLLLL. Only took us two responses to the OP before we got a "this is dook blue" quip.

Radar never disappoints.

BTW, these alternates are awesome!
They arent bad. At least we have a little navy in trim of other stuff. The black and gray jerseys suck tho.

Reactions: Archer2
So we have Carolina blue numbers, the University name, player name on back and the argyle, it looks good, seems to emphasize the Carolina Blue on the darker blue background, IMO.

Reactions: jeans15 and Archer2
I'm gonna side with curmudgeon crowd on this one. I don't mind some of the uni combinations the fball team wears but the UNC basketball jersey is a classic. UNC basketball should NEVER wear dark blue. There is a reason it is called Carolina blue - you see that color and you think basketball.

I can't believe we'd wear a color that ISN'T an officially listed school color!!

...wait, what's that? *checks notes* navy blue is an official school color?! And it in no way resembles Duke's royal blue?

Oh.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Nothing wrong with a little "change". We should go ahead and replace that stupid old well with a nice modern water fountain and ditch that worn out bell tower for a digital clock that recharges via the USB port and included data cable.
Horrible and inaccurate comparison.

Reactions: dadika13
The Carolina uniforms I think of when I read the thread title:

cota_dribbles_upcourt_sharpe_.jpg

🤮

Reactions: jeans15
Most of you don't realize that the uniform is not always about us fans. A lot of the time, it's the players that want alternate uniforms. Best example was when Marcus Paige came into the locker room wearing the black uniform. The players loved it. I'm also told alternate uniforms are created as a recruiting tool. The recruits apparently love the different looks. That's not my opinion, but it is the opinion of the kids today.

Most of you don't realize that the uniform is not always about us fans. A lot of the time, it's the players that want alternate uniforms. Best example was when Marcus Paige came into the locker room wearing the black uniform. The players loved it. I'm also told alternate uniforms are created as a recruiting tool. The recruits apparently love the different looks. That's not my opinion, but it is the opinion of the kids today.

Took way too many poasts for this extremely accurate statement to be made.

4 poasts in 17 years but you've got the quality over quantity down to a science.

I'm aware but I'm just selfish enough to think the Family revolves around my wants and needs!
I loved the black Unis and had no major issues with the gray ones. I don't like anything that is too close to pukie colors, however!

BUT: Once we win with a Uni, it becomes lucky so we might have to worry about creating precedents!

I'm aware but I'm just selfish enough to think the Family revolves around my wants and needs!
I loved the black Unis and had no major issues with the gray ones. I don't like anything that is too close to pukie colors, however!

BUT: Once we win with a Uni, it becomes lucky so we might have to worry about creating precedents!
From a color standpoint, Carolina Blue is just as close to Duke Blue (royal blue) as Navy Blue is to Duke Blue.......

I think Radar may be color blind.

I believe in the Eye Test! If it looks like a rat, if it dyes its fur black, if it is playing ball in a dump, and it seems extremely fond of cheese; it's a rat!

I’ve owned apparel with the navy blue backdrop. It’s just another way to augment the Carolina blue. The players like it, and, let’s be honest, it’ll bring in some money.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Personally, I love just about every shade of blue. That includes navy blue. I think it makes the Carolina blue pop. Never have liked black or red though.

Reactions: DeuceManJones
What the heck is up with this? I was reading earlier that Ky. was getting a gray jersey also. Chanting go big gray just not gonna cut it.

How may of us LOVED it when we went to the 60s retro unis a year or two ago ...Shades of DES we all thought that was fantastic. NOW we want to turn this into Md football with 54 color and 72 uni combos ....slippery slope IMO as we let the players determine this stuff. I LOVE tradition... see PSU football see Michigan football or tOSu THEIR unis change???

North Carolina has a BRAND and IMO that is best with the traditional colors with of course a SLIGHT Julian update that looks great!!! But this stuff??? again ....TURRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if they play in gym shorts and pennies as long as I get to see some Tar Heel bball!

Don't really like the navy but I agree that it makes the Carolina Blue pop. I love the black unis though and they make it pop as well!

Reactions: montana_heel
I don't care if they play in gym shorts and pennies as long as I get to see some Tar Heel bball!

Don't really like the navy but I agree that it makes the Carolina Blue pop. I love the black unis though and they make it pop as well!

Whatever we wear I will pull for the name on the uni...!

Took way too many poasts for this extremely accurate statement to be made.

4 poasts in 17 years but you've got the quality over quantity down to a science.

Yes, there are 2 primary reasons for uniform development or changes.

1. Gives a voice to the current players and their preferences.
2. Generates much needed revenue for the entire sports program, not just BB.

Personally, I like the navy uniforms. The ones scheduled to be worn at least once this season, really accentuate the Carolina Blue, and the players think they make them look more intimidating as well. I imagine it's just personal preference for each one of us. Navy blue has been part of our color scheme for as long as I can remember going back over 50 years.

I don’t think we have to worry about Carolina Blue going away, UNC will always be associated with that color. But if the players like a little change from time to time, and if it will help to bring in some additional revenue in this time of need, I’m for it.

If they ever try to put red on our unis, I will disavow having said that!

That's a lot of thigh if you're not working a corner! Lol

Hard to criticize that team though!

ADVERTISEMENT