ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina vs South Carolina

source.gif

Alright, I've had enough of this. I've tried to be nice and just have a discussion for days now and you all just respond like a bunch of assholes. I look forward to beating the shit out of you guys on the 31st. Have fun here pretending that you're hot shit. Prepare to get whipped.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
I would appreciate some kind of reply, I know it's a long post. I am at least trying to have the discussion here.
your post is reasonable. you're right, scar has clear advantages in experience, depth, and overall talent. you guys have had some top recruiting classes recently, we haven't, but check back with us after a few years of mack brown. i would say the only advantage we might have in this game is scar's overconfidence (which is reflected in your posts to some degree). but it is the opening game and i know you guys want to start your season strong before you get your butts kicked in your sec schedule. also, scar's resentment that the sports world views UNC as the real "Carolina" will most likely prevent any complacency. in the long run, i like our chances against you in the future. i might add that our chances of winning the acc coastal will greatly exceed your chances of winning the sec east.

Last edited:
Listen man, you can choose to do the ole Donald Trump "wrong" without providing any clarification or facts to back up it being wrong, but for the sake of discussion here, won't you please?

Here, I'll go through every single thing you said was "wrong" and explain where I sourced my information and why I believed it to be right.

Here, I claimed that I originally wanted to hear your opinions since I first started posting here. You said that was wrong, but as you can see, in my third post (post 103) I said, "I just don't really see any UNC advantage that spells clear upset to me. I would be happy if you could provide me something to back up your feelings that you very well may upset us." I would have said that in my first two posts, but just assumed you all would've responded with your thoughts without me having to ask you all to. I was trying to have a discussion.

Here, you said I was wrong about your experience at LB. I was correct in stating you lost your best linebacker, Cole Holcomb, to the NFL last year, leaving you with Dominique Ross, your only experienced, veteran LB, and he is suspended the first half of the game. According to Mack Brown, your starting outside LB this season is Jeremiah Gemmel, who has 1 recorded career tackle as a freshman. Chris Collins is a true sophomore with 6 career tackles, Matthew Flint has 3 career tackles, Tyrone Hopper has only 18 tackles . There is very little experience there at all. I will say that I missed Jonathan Smith's name when hearing Mack Brown talk about potential starters, perhaps because it is obvious, but he is experienced and totals up around 35 tackles every year on average. So you all have one LB starting that has good experience, and everywhere else is a question mark and inexperienced. I would like to hear what is incorrect about that.

You are indeed in a QB battle with Sam Howell, a true freshman, Jace Ruder, a true sophomore who has seen a mere few minutes in one game (I would hardly count that as any meaningful game experience), and Cade Fortin, who appeared in four games last season.

You said I was wrong about Fortin being inaccurate. Would you consider a less than 50% completion rate accurate? Because I wouldn't.

According to ourlads' UNC depth chart, Ezeudu and Montilus are your two guards going into the season, but now that I've dug a little deeper, I see that Brian Anderson, a RS sophomore with very little game experience, is actually starting at center, so Polino moves over, while Montilus, who hasn't taken a collegiate snap yet, is still at RG, meaning you have a young and inexperienced interior. My bad thought, ourlads had an incorrect depth chart.

I meant that your RT is inexperienced, I accidentally said LT. Your LT is fine. However, the right side of your line (C, RG, RT) has only 1 start between all of them. That's pretty inexperienced.

Your center WAS going to be a converted LG, I got older information. However, it's not like your new Center, Brian Anderson, is anything great or experienced. He had two career appearances in one season last year.

You are not correct that I am wrong. As I just said, you have a single start between your center, right guard, and right tackle. And, you only have 10 total game appearances between all of them, and 8 of those go to the right tackle alone. That is glaring inexperience on the interior.

I would appreciate some kind of reply, I know it's a long post. I am at least trying to have the discussion here.

It has been explained to you several times over that you came into the thread overly hostile, talking down to everyone about how superior the cocks are and how you knew more about our team than we did. After several incredibly arrogant posts, you were called on your shit and shown that you were wrong about almost everything you posted. Instead of just admitting you came in a little hot and didn't have all your facts straight, you decided to cry about it like a little bitch.

You did not want a genuine football discussion so please stop saying that. You just came over to talk shit and tell us how we have no chance to beat you.

It has been explained to you several times over that you came into the thread overly hostile, talking down to everyone about how superior the cocks are and how you knew more about our team than we did. After several incredibly arrogant posts, you were called on your shit and shown that you were wrong about almost everything you posted. Instead of just admitting you came in a little hot and didn't have all your facts straight, you decided to cry about it like a little bitch.

You did not want a genuine football discussion so please stop saying that. You just came over to talk shit and tell us how we have no chance to beat you.
He was just back here less than an hour ago.

I think he likes us.

They won the SEC East in 2010.*

* with a 5-3 conference record, because nobody else in that division finished above .500**

** YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE GRIND OF AN SEC SCHEDULE!!!!!1!!

they'll never get there again in view of what's happening with other sec east teams, while mack brown and carolina will own the acc coastal. i agree scar plays in the toughest conference, which scar fans use as an excuse while conveniently failing to mention the recruiting advantages of being in the sec.

And I'm sure if one of us did the same on their site, they would welcome us with open wings.

Oh well, it was kinda fun though, eh?

2K15, in reguards to your claims that your defense is loaded with NFL talent, why is it that not one of them made the 1st team preseason all conference team? I did see where four made second team but only two of them were on the defensive side of the ball. I think you're looking thru your "garnet" colored glasses. One thing I think you and I can agree on though is that if you were to get upset by the Heels your season is down the toilet after week #1.

Reactions: Raising Heel
2K15, in reguards to your claims that your defense is loaded with NFL talent, why is it that not one of them made the 1st team preseason all conference team? I did see where four made second team but only two of them were on the defensive side of the ball. I think you're looking thru your "garnet" colored glasses. One thing I think you and I can agree on though is that if you were to get upset by the Heels your season is down the toilet after week #1.

@2k15 this guys is asking a fair question. What do you think?

One thing I think you and I can agree on though is that if you were to get upset by the Heels your season is down the toilet after week #1.
That's what I think, which is the reason I think Muschamp should feel the pressure to win.

Reactions: Archer2
Yeah, his record at SC is 22-17 and 12-12 in the SEC. So I think he’s feeling pressure to have a better season than last year when he went 7-6 and 4-4. They will probably be dogs against Bama, Georgia, Florida, and Missouri.

If we were to upset them, it would not bode well for their season. Methinks this guy was whistling past the graveyard a bit, knowing that the heat is rising for Muschamp and knowing that they have to win their out of conference games.

The Cocks can’t afford to lay an egg against us.

Last edited:
I'm not asking you all to concede that you have a chance. On the contrary, I want to hear why you think you have a good shot at winning. You all claim you have a good shot, and as an opposing fan, I find that interesting because I think we are better. If you have any legitimate points to make about why you think you will win - favorable matchups, play styles, advantages - I would love to hear it. I'm not here to bash you all, I want to talk football.

Here’s your answer...

As bad as many project UNC to be (4-7 wins) Scar is only favored by 7 points. That’s one TO, blocked punt, etc from being a head to head game. And this is despite our questions at Qb and a new staff. Look, Scar is favored and rightfully so given Scar has recruited slightly better than UNC combined with all the well-known UNC question marks. Again, that should concern you.

All that said, UNC’s recent W/L woes are well-known (less than impressive staff; non-P5 Qb in Elliott; Shoegate suspensions; and mass/key injuries. NONE of those factors are in play headed into Scar game. UNC has nothing to lose while Scar will be in full damage control if UNC is victorious. All the pressure is on Scar and if were a gamecock fan, I wouldn’t feel very confident given the point spread.

Reactions: lerario and Archer2
...Scar has recruited slightly better than UNCmm...
i did a quick calculation. in the past four years scar's recruiting classes have averaged 19th, while carolina's have averaged 27th. it may be semantics to some degree, but scar's recruiting has been top 20, carolina's top 30. personally, i'd say that's a clear difference in talent level, which mack has started to correct for the future.

Reactions: Zann77 and Archer2
i did a quick calculation. in the past four years scar's recruiting classes have averaged 19th, while carolina's have averaged 27th. it may be semantics to some degree, but scar's recruiting has been top 20, carolina's top 30. personally, i'd say that's a clear difference in talent level, which mack has started to correct for the future.
You have to dig a little deeper though. Were they higher because of quality or quantity?

Here’s your answer...

As bad as many project UNC to be (4-7 wins) Scar is only favored by 7 points. That’s one TO, blocked punt, etc from being a head to head game. And this is despite our questions at Qb and a new staff. Look, Scar is favored and rightfully so given Scar has recruited slightly better than UNC combined with all the well-known UNC question marks. Again, that should concern you.

All that said, UNC’s recent W/L woes are well-known (less than impressive staff; non-P5 Qb in Elliott; Shoegate suspensions; and mass/key injuries. NONE of those factors are in play headed into Scar game. UNC has nothing to lose while Scar will be in full damage control if UNC is victorious. All the pressure is on Scar and if were a gamecock fan, I wouldn’t feel very confident given the point spread.

I appreciate someone finally attempting to have a discussion once all the smack has died down. I am open to talk with people willing.

I agree, all of the pressure is on South Carolina to win the game. If UNC simply loses, that won't be anything earth shattering - that is expected to most. It would be far more detrimental to USC to lose than for UNC to lose. However, the pressure is on UNC to not get blown out. The pressure is on to keep the game competitive. The reason for that is simple - when you are a new head coach attempting to turn the program around, you cannot come out your first game and get your ass whipped, especially when the fans have a high expectation that you can compete immediately. You all may not expect to win (or maybe you do), but you do expect to see significant improvement in Game 1. If Mack doesn't deliver an improved performance, not only does that disgruntle the fanbase right out of the gates, but it starts to put you in jeopardy with the recruits that are deciding between USC and UNC (which there are a lot of). South Carolina cannot afford to lay an egg, you are right about that. But North Carolina can't afford to lay an egg either.

And to most Gamecock fans, the spread means absolutely nothing to us. We are used to it. We haven't been the most consistent team over the past couple years, so vegas hardly ever picks us to win by more than 7, even against teams that we are very clearly better than. If you ask me and most Gamecocks, the reason the spread is so low is because we got curbstomped in the Belk Bowl. And we also think that you all are putting too much stock into that game being telling of how we will perform against you.

The reason we are confident in this game is simple X's and O's. We are hearing in practice that this is the deepest, most competitive, and best team we've had since 2013. Every single position on our team is headlined by veterans, and we feel talented and experienced at every position on our team. When we look at your team, we see that you are starting an inexperienced QB, an offensive line that has only 1 start between the C, RG, and RT, a D-line that lost its best player and is thin at depth, a largely inexperienced linebacker corps aside from 2 players (1 of which will not be available against us), and an unproven receiving corps that has 1 proven, experienced WR. You lost your leading tackler, your best WR, your best D-lineman, you lost your starting QB of two years, and you only won two games last year, both at home, against absolutely terrible teams (Youngstown State and Pitt).

Again, I do not deny that you guys will be better. I think you will come out and give us a good game, because even last year, you gave some teams a scare. But when you compare the depth charts - our X's against your O's, it just doesn't look to us like you all have the talent, depth, or experience, to hang with us every play for 4 quarters.

I appreciate someone finally attempting to have a discussion once all the smack has died down. I am open to talk with people willing.
Multiple people already had. You chose to ignore them because it didn't fit your narrative and you got called out on your mistakes. Didn't you say you were going to leave and you looked forward to beating our ass? You think things are going to be all nice and cozy for you now? Just go back to creeping and stop posting like you claimed you would.

Reactions: lerario
Multiple people already had. You chose to ignore them because it didn't fit your narrative and you got called out on your mistakes. Didn't you say you were going to leave and you looked forward to beating our ass? You think things are going to be all nice and cozy for you now? Just go back to creeping and stop posting like you claimed you would.

K, I apologize for talking a little bit of smack a week ago. Let's be adults now and not hold grudges about something so trivial. You don't have to act like I am permanently blacklisted because I talked a little bit of smack a while ago. I am pretty sure some of your posters would like to have a civil conversation. I am totally good with dropping all the hostility from a week ago to have a discussion where I receive your points and arguments, and we converse without getting hostile.

K, I apologize for talking a little bit of smack a week ago. Let's be adults now and not hold grudges about something so trivial. You don't have to act like I am permanently blacklisted because I talked a little bit of smack a while ago. I am pretty sure some of your posters would like to have a civil conversation. I am totally good with dropping all the hostility from a week ago to have a discussion where I receive your points and arguments, and we converse without getting hostile.
It wasn't a week ago. It was on Thursday. There are some posters who want to have a civil conversation and they tried to, but you continued to make an ass of yourself even after being told multiple times to chill out. If you would have acted more civil then you would have been welcome and we could have had a nice conversation, just like we did with the other south carolina fans. You said you were going to leave. Please keep your word. You're welcome to come back over here after your NFL caliber defense beats up our high school offense.

Reactions: lerario
Serious question. What was your handle before 2k15?

I don't see that there is any pressure on the Heels or Mack. Most realistic Carolina fans know we aren't favored and likely won't win the game. Of course we want to see the upset, or at the very least make a good game of it.

However, if the Heels get blown out, it will suck but I am not going to freak out and I dont think most Carolina fans will either. We know that the process takes awhile. Now, if they are getting blown out multiple times and don't show solid improvement as the season progresses, then I am gonna be pissed.

I don't see that there is any pressure on the Heels or Mack. Most realistic Carolina fans know we aren't favored and likely won't win the game. Of course we want to see the upset, or at the very least make a good game of it.

However, if the Heels get blown out, it will suck but I am not going to freak out and I dont think most Carolina fans will either. We know that the process takes awhile. Now, if they are getting blown out multiple times and don't show solid improvement as the season progresses, then I am gonna be pissed.
Stop using logic.

Reactions: TarHeelMark

I agree, all of the pressure is on South Carolina to win the game. If UNC simply loses, that won't be anything earth shattering - that is expected to most. It would be far more detrimental to USC to lose than for UNC to lose. However, the pressure is on UNC to not get blown out. The pressure is on to keep the game competitive. The reason for that is simple - when you are a new head coach attempting to turn the program around, you cannot come out your first game and get your ass whipped, especially when the fans have a high expectation that you can compete immediately. You all may not expect to win (or maybe you do), but you do expect to see significant improvement in Game 1. If Mack doesn't deliver an improved performance, not only does that disgruntle the fanbase right out of the gates, but it starts to put you in jeopardy with the recruits that are deciding between USC and UNC (which there are a lot of). South Carolina cannot afford to lay an egg, you are right about that. But North Carolina can't afford to lay an egg either.

And to most Gamecock fans, the spread means absolutely nothing to us. We are used to it. We haven't been the most consistent team over the past couple years, so vegas hardly ever picks us to win by more than 7, even against teams that we are very clearly better than. If you ask me and most Gamecocks, the reason the spread is so low is because we got curbstomped in the Belk Bowl. And we also think that you all are putting too much stock into that game being telling of how we will perform against you.

The reason we are confident in this game is simple X's and O's. We are hearing in practice that this is the deepest, most competitive, and best team we've had since 2013. Every single position on our team is headlined by veterans, and we feel talented and experienced at every position on our team. When we look at your team, we see that you are starting an inexperienced QB, an offensive line that has only 1 start between the C, RG, and RT, a D-line that lost its best player and is thin at depth, a largely inexperienced linebacker corps aside from 2 players (1 of which will not be available against us), and an unproven receiving corps that has 1 proven, experienced WR. You lost your leading tackler, your best WR, your best D-lineman, you lost your starting QB of two years, and you only won two games last year, both at home, against absolutely terrible teams (Youngstown State and Pitt).

Again, I do not deny that you guys will be better. I think you will come out and give us a good game, because even last year, you gave some teams a scare. But when you compare the depth charts - our X's against your O's, it just doesn't look to us like you all have the talent, depth, or experience, to hang with us every play for 4 quarters.

You have a good point on being a more veteran team. UVA curb-stomping ya'll does raise an issue on "consistency" as you put it, and so it's difficult to assess exactly what team UNC will face. To get completely shut out by UVA is almost inexplicable. I bet UNC would at least manage to score against even Alabama and Clemson, even all banged up and going 2-9.

Is there a mental issue here with the SC team? I can't explain the curb-stomping. Can you?

I know the typical and accurate reason for that loss involves injuries, but a lot of SC fans act like we were not particularly plagued by injuries, even more so, and like I said I cannot fathom we'd have gone scoreless against any team, in fact, but ya'll did. Yet there is veteran "depth" there. Where was it that game?

There are too many unknowns to justify the confidence SC fans seem to have. Will your QB turn the ball over and lay an egg or will he play as he has in some games?

For us, will Bateman have his defense installed? And Longo have the offense ready? None of us really know for sure. Nor should glowing camp reports in Columbia be taken without a grain of salt.

It wasn't a week ago. It was on Thursday. There are some posters who want to have a civil conversation and they tried to, but you continued to make an ass of yourself even after being told multiple times to chill out.

Give me direct quotes where people asked to have a civil conversation with me and I reciprocated with negativity. You can't find any. In actuality, I was here asking you all to have a discussion with me, and you all replied with "no, we will not have a discussion with you", and you all continued to talk smack at me even when I hadn't posted for a couple days. It absolutely wasn't the other way around. If you contest that, I want direct quotes of people inviting me to have civil discourse, and quotes of me telling them no and "being an ass".

Serious question. What was your handle before 2k15?
2k15 is my first username. I haven't given a shit about the Tar Heels since 2015 when we last played you. I hate FSU. You can find my username on multiple Gamecock forums.

Is there a mental issue here with the SC team? I can't explain the curb-stomping. Can you?

Yes, Jake Bentley's inconsistencies at QB lead to that loss. Bentley is a hot and cold QB. When he's on fire, we win. When he's cold, we lose. He was really, really cold against UVA, and the fact that we had 19 injuries on defense didn't help that.

If you watch the UVA game, it was a contest throughout the entire thing. Our defense held firm on most drives, and our offense would move down the field on about half of our drives. What killed us is Bentley throwing 3 INT's in Virginia territory, two inside the redzone. It happened all game. There was even a 4th and 1 deep inside UVA territory on the first drive of the game, and Bentley overthrew a wide open receiver, which is basically another turnover.

What happened all game was we would spend a lot of clock successfully driving the ball downfield, ready to score, and then Bentley would throw an INT. It killed momentum entirely, gave UVA the ball, and caused Jake to throw worse and worse ad the game went on. I personally believe if we put in another QB, our backups Hilinski or Joyner, we would've won. Jake's performance from start to finish made us lose, and we had multiple opportunities to score and win throughout the course of the game.

Yes, Jake Bentley's inconsistencies at QB lead to that loss. Bentley is a hot and cold QB. When he's on fire, we win. When he's cold, we lose. He was really, really cold against UVA, and the fact that we had 19 injuries on defense didn't help that.

If you watch the UVA game, it was a contest throughout the entire thing. Our defense held firm on most drives, and our offense would move down the field on about half of our drives. What killed us is Bentley throwing 3 INT's in Virginia territory, two inside the redzone. It happened all game. There was even a 4th and 1 deep inside UVA territory on the first drive of the game, and Bentley overthrew a wide open receiver, which is basically another turnover.

What happened all game was we would spend a lot of clock successfully driving the ball downfield, ready to score, and then Bentley would throw an INT. It killed momentum entirely, gave UVA the ball, and caused Jake to throw worse and worse ad the game went on. I personally believe if we put in another QB, our backups Hilinski or Joyner, we would've won. Jake's performance from start to finish made us lose, and we had multiple opportunities to score and win throughout the course of the game.
Why are you so confident Bentley won’t shit down his leg in Charlotte?

EA77ThTX4AAkNDc.jpg

Why are you so confident Bentley won’t shit down his leg in Charlotte?

He’s a QB that plays with redemption. His cycle of play is he shits the bed in one game, but comes back the next game more focused and plays smarter. But then he gets overconfident again, and shits the bed a couple games later.

You may notice that UVA was the subsequent game to his performance against Clemson, the number 1 defense in the nation, where he broke a school record in passing yards (510 yards and 5 TD’s through the air). So, he comes out the next game, thinking he’s hot shit, playing an ACC defense that isn’t that great, and he forces multiple passes because he thinks he can hit any target he wants, no matter the coverage. He played with supreme overconfidence and got his ass kicked.

We feel confident about Bentley playing against UNC because he’s going to be playing for redemption. He’s playing in the same stadium, Bell bowl, against an ACC opponent, and he’s had months to study and prepare. I suppose it’s possible he sucks again, but knowing Bentley’s rhythm, he should be focused and playing well for this game.

Give me direct quotes where people asked to have a civil conversation with me and I reciprocated with negativity.
Here is a sampling of your first few posts.

You are crazy if you think a UNC offense with a freshman QB and a freshman offensive line is going to hang 30 on South Carolina's monster defensive line. No way. It just doesn't make sense.
Starting off with a you're crazy and you don't make sense.

This is why I'm telling you it's crazy to believe you can hang 30 on us
Going with another you're crazy.

But from a logical standpoint, that's BS. That's you acting on a hunch because you would like your team to win and don't really respect our program, even when we are clearly better.
Moving on to a you're not being logical and what we are saying is BS. You also went ahead and threw in a we are clearly better than you.

Despite your arrogant bullshit, you got an opinion about your team, similar to how you told us about our team.

@2k15 just a heads up but you are coming off as a huge homer. Your defense was pretty bad last year, especially against the run. Your DL does look like the strength of your team but I haven't seen it referred to as "one of the best in the SEC" anywhere else. Your secondary has a couple nice players but little depth and from what I've seen your LBs are a total question mark, similar to ours.

The best 22 on each squad compare pretty favorably, although you guys definitely have an edge in experience and depth. Bentley is a total wild card, he can be great or he can be a TO machine. I don't see many difference makers at your skill positions.

Here's another post from you.

Not just circle jerk each other over thinking USC is bad.

This one is lovely as well.
Boy, you UNC fans are really up your own ass.

Despite the fact you continued to act like an ass you got this response.

Your defense was bad last year, especially against the run. The DL looks good on paper but isn't elite, and your back 7 isn't anything special. We have a talented but inexperienced OL, 3 really good RBs and our QB will have some wheels depending on who plays. If we can run successfully (likely) then we'll move the ball between the 20s. The question will be whether we can score TDs in the redzone.

On the other side like I said, Bently is Jekyl and Hyde. If he's a little bit off and throws a couple picks you guys will be in trouble. Your skill positions don't stand out, although no one expects us to stuff the run. We have decent pass rushers though and should fare well in obvious passing situations.

The guys in Vegas are infinitely smarter than you, and they see it as a one possession game. No one would argue that SCar is the better team on paper, but you sound like an idiot acting like SCar is on an entirely different level. You have better depth but these teams aren't all that far apart.

Oh and I forgot to mention that our OC put up 600+ yards and 41 points on you last year.

Then someone finally got tired of reading your mistakes and pointed them out to you.

1) We don't have a "freshman offensive line." We're projected to start a single freshman, who is a redshirt. We're also projected to start two redshirt sophomores (third year in the program) and two redshirt seniors (fifth year in the program).

2) @Archer2 didn't say we'd score 30 points. He said 27, which is less than what we averaged last season starting a third-rate quarterback.

3) You do realize that defensive and special teams units are allowed to score, right?

Your last post before today was just the icing on the cake.

I look forward to beating the shit out of you guys on the 31st. Have fun here pretending that you're hot shit.

I didn't even include your bullshit on the other thread. Just go away and come back when you have some self awareness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT