ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Board - Updated 10/4//21

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Offer Board Sponsored by Openingdaygame.com

2022 Offers/Commitments (18 offers, 4 commitments)
Mark Mitchell OFFERED 7/15/20
Jarace Walker OFFERED 10/17/20
Jalen Washington OFFERED 5/2/21 Official Visit 6/2/21 Committed 7/9/21
Will Shaver Offered 5/16/21 Official Visit 6/1/21 Committed 6/2/21
Seth Trimble OFFERED 5/19/21 Official Visit 6/16/21 Committed 6/23/21
Cam Whitmore OFFERED 6/19/21 Official Visit 8/22/21
Tyler Nickel OFFERED 6/21/21 Official Visit 9/10/21 Committed 9/15/21
Zion Cruz OFFERED 7/7/21
Skyy Clark committed to Kentucky

Dylan Anderson committed to Arizona
Justin Taylor committed to Virginia
Kyle Filipowski committed to Duke
Isaac Taudt committed to Virginia
Jaden Bradley eliminated UNC

De'Ante Green eliminated UNC
Chris Livingston commited to Kentucky
Dereck Lively committed to Duke

Nick Smith committed to Arkansas

2023 Offers/Commitments (6 offers)
Robert Dillingham OFFERED 12/23/20
G. G. Jackson OFFERED 6/15/21

Mackenzie Mgbako OFFERED 8/3/21
J.J. Taylor OFFERED 8/4/21
Matas Buzelis OFFERED 8/5/21
Simeon Wilcher OFFERED 9/2/21

2024 Offers/Commitments (1 offer)
Jarin Stevenson OFFERED 10/4/2021

2021 Offers/Commitments (12 offers, 2 commitments)
2021 Offers (Portal) (4 offers, 3 commitments - Garcia, Manek, McKoy)

PG - Point Guard
CG - Combo Guard
W - Wing
HG - Hybrid Forward
P - Post

SRJRSOFR22
PGLoveTrimble
CGDavis
Harris
Dunn
WBlackJohnson
Walton
McKoy
Nickel
HFManekGarcia
Styles
CBacotShaver
Washington

Last edited:
Thanks for this!

I feel pretty durn good about the peeps we have offered. I bet we get the 2-3 commitments we need and I love the trajectory of the program!

Reactions: Steat
FSU is the only team that has multiple 7 footers with skill so I think we will be fine. In a perfect world we would have a beefy backup, but we don't live in that world! I'm confident that IF they can't fill the spot we are fine as we are!

A top-rated recruit with an offer from UNC - a kid who likes UNC - is probably waiting until spring (or at least early next year) to see how Hubert does. That just makes sense. Unfortunately, that top-rated kid doubtless has other offers from established coaches.

OTOH, a lower-ranked kid might be willing to jump early at the chance to play for UNC, without waiting for Hubert to prove himself. I mean we're still UNC, after all, and if they've had good interactions with Hubert, why wait and maybe see that opening slip away?

How many scholarships in the 2022 class do we need to hold onto to for high-ranked recruits next spring?

Let's Go!

Join the Family, Mr. Trimble!
We are building something special!

The entire coaching staff should be on the phone with Garcia immediately. Absolutely no reason to not go all in for him. He could be the missing piece to making this team a contender.
Totally agree! If we don’t, I feel we are probably gonna roll with what we have!

Garcia would be great. But if we get Garcia, I'd worry that Manek might decommit.

Brady started for OK and I'm pretty sure he didn't commit here to come off the bench. I doubt Garcia will either.

Would Garcia start for Duke? Don't even think about it.

Simple truth is that Garcia could be huge for some school, but I doubt it will be us.

I think this is the guy most of Tarheel Nation has been waiting for (not sure if that includes the coaches but I hope so!)

Garcia really seems like he would be the piece that starts us talking final fours and Natty's as opposed to ACC championships.

Garcia would be great. But if we get Garcia, I'd worry that Manek might decommit.

Brady started for OK and I'm pretty sure he didn't commit here to come off the bench. I doubt Garcia will either.

Would Garcia start for Duke? Don't even think about it.

Simple truth is that Garcia could be huge for some school, but I doubt it will be us.

Not sure how accurate this “source” is but I REALLY want to believe it

I'm very good with that starting five. Manek would probably struggle defensively at the 3 but his ability to shoot would be nice at the 3. Black would back him up to bring the defense.
Yeah just a huge lack of defensive versatility in that starting 5

Question is, can Brady guard the three?
Probably not but Black is basically useless on offense IMO.

Which would you rather have, Maneks offense or Blacks defense?

I'll go with whichever Hubert thinks is best for the team but my initial answer is Maneks offense.

Ultimately it's all for not if Garcia and/or UNC is not interested.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGLOV
Not sure I'm buying Manek at 3.

I am loving the 3 man big rotation of Bacot, Manek and Garcia, no matter who starts. It's not like UNC doesn't have a history of sending 6th men to the NBA (Marvin, Bradley, Sharpe...). That sell job is where Coach Davis would really earn his money.

Probably not but Black is basically useless on offense IMO.

Which would you rather have, Maneks offense or Blacks defense?

I'll go with whichever Hubert thinks is best for the team but my initial answer is Maneks offense.

Ultimately it's all for not if Garcia and/or UNC is not interested.

I bet ya that in a game of one-on-one, {you vs. Black} Black would OWN YOU!

:D :D :D :) ;) :) :D :D :D

Still need a big behind Armando.
I have said that I am fine with the guys we already have unless the big man we would get from the portal was very special and I still feel that way. However Dawson Garcia is now in the portal and is looking to play college ball next season and he is special! Take a look Hubert and see where where his head's at.

I bet ya that in a game of one-on-one, {you vs. Black} Black would OWN YOU!

:D :D :D :) ;) :) :D :D :D
I'm confused as to what that has to do with anything. He plays for UNC, I would hope he could beat me at a game of one on one.

He is still a huge liability on offense but hey he can beat me so that's something.

Sorry, but what a dumb post.

I'm confused as to what that has to do with anything. He plays for UNC, I would hope he could beat me at a game of one on one.

He is still a huge liability on offense but hey he can beat me so that's something.

Sorry, but what a dumb post.

Your original post is dumber.

I guess his assists per game mean nothing to you as well.

Stay on your couch and have another pretzel!

Your original post is dumber.

I guess his assists per game mean nothing to you as well.

Stay on your couch and have another pretzel!
You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm basing my opinion on both what my eyes see and his stats over the past 3 years.

He averaged 2.4 assists per game last year. I strongly believe either Garcia or Manek playing the 3 can come close to that. Even if they can't, I believe their points per game will be more than Blacks 5.6 from last year.

No matter how you look at it, Black is a liability on offense.

Edit: I went back and looked at Maneks and Garcia's assists from last year and I'm more than happy to say I'm wrong on that point. Black is clearly better in that respect. Regardless, I would still take either of them over Black at the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Leaky could be a very valuable six man for this team playing 10-12 mpg. The problem is that he’s been a starter playing around 30 mpg and that has not been great for the overall team need. He is a liability on offense and just a slightly above average defender that gets overhyped for his defensive abilities.

Moving forward, we will see much less Leaky type “athletes” recruited and much more proven shooters. It’s obvious that those slasher athletes that we’ve seen Roy recruit is not going to be something HD focuses on.

Leaky could be a very valuable six man for this team playing 10-12 mpg. The problem is that he’s been a starter playing around 30 mpg and that has not been great for the overall team need. He is a liability on offense and just a slightly above average defender that gets overhyped for his defensive abilities.

Moving forward, we will see much less Leaky type “athletes” recruited and much more proven shooters. It’s obvious that those slasher athletes that we’ve seen Roy recruit is not going to be something HD focuses on.
Still think they will have a place. Long, plus defensive athletes who can slash with the paint opened by the more spread approach will have a place. Most college teams still have challenged shooters playing big minutes.

I agree Leaky playing a 6th man type role with less playing time and less need for him to take perimeter shots should be his role. He may flourish in that. A wing defender looks to be a major need with this roster.

I'm basing my opinion on both what my eyes see and his stats over the past 3 years.

He averaged 2.4 assists per game last year. I strongly believe either Garcia or Manek playing the 3 can come close to that. Even if they can't, I believe their points per game will be more than Blacks 5.6 from last year.

Edit: I went back and looked at Maneks and Garcia's assists from last year and I'm more than happy to say I'm wrong on that point. Black is clearly better in that respect. Regardless, I would still take either of them over Black at the 3.
First off, glov, quit picking on Travis and Travis, quit taking what Bob says as a problem, Don't tell him I said it but glov is a good guy.

On a serious note, I honestly have no idea how Hubert will use leaky this coming season, I do not believe he will see the PT he saw the last couple seasons because the hard cold truth is Leaky has been a liability on the offensive end for the last 2 seasons. Hubert is going to be more offensively orientated than Roy was. I simply can not see Hubert going for long stretches having to play 4 on 5 on the offensive end. But I will add that Hubert seems to have much better options to play the 3 than Roy had. Puff was hurt for a good bit of last season and frankly, even had he been healthy he REALLY needed to add some bulk and to learn our defense. I do think many have to a degree soured on Puff because he didn't give us much last season, telling you right now, this kid will be a factor if he is healthy next season, kid can play, kid can shoot as well as Cam did and maybe a touch better. Would not shock me at all to see Puff win the starting job at some point next season because simply put, Hubert is not Roy.

One other item, Seth Trimble, when we first offered him I was like yeah OK but I would rather we got... I have not seen this kid in person but I have watched a ton of his clips now, got to tell ya, he will need some time to adjust to the college game but that kid is SPECIAL!

I think a lot of folks are recalling JP being at UNC when they consider Seth but they are 2 VERY different players, while both amazingly athletic, Seth already has an advanced skill level for a freshman (even knowing he has 1 more HS season to play). Give this kid a spread court and there is literarily no way to stop him because he can splash from trey, drive by and pull up for the mid range or flush on you (and he is a not only solid passer but willing to pass it) if there is not someone coming over from the off side. I see him as a more aggressive version of Coby with both the desire and body to draw and absorb contact, he can make a living at the free throw line! I predict he not only comes to UNC as a 5 star but he plays for us at most 2yrs before the NBA jumps all over him, could be a lotto guy!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

Not sure I see Leaky as freakish athletic, I see him as athletic for a kid 6'8" but not to the degree say JP was. For a kid that played a lot of PG even at his height, I have not seen much facilitating from him, do not see him as a great passer at all. I honestly do not see much in him that helps us on the offensive end, he is a we dare you to shoot guy.

Defensively, he has had games he was stout but he has as well had games that his opponent burned him repeatedly. Hate to say it but his effort level has not been consistent, I do think he could become our best defender but he has to bring the effort a lot more consistently and even with that, little to no help for us on the other end. I don't wanna bash the kid but I saw what I saw...

StatPlayer 1Player 2
Pts/game6.15.6
Rebounds/game4.64.9
Assists/game3.72.4
Steals/game0.91.2
Blocks/game0.20.3
3pt %23.722.2
2pt %45.342.5
FT %70.269.2
TS %47.344.3
Turnovers/game1.51.3
Fouls/game1.81.9

One of those is Leaky as a junior, the other is Theo as a junior. Not a whole heck of a lot of difference. Each is a little better at some things, a little worse at others.

I'm not claiming Leaky will have as good a senior year as Theo did, but I don't recall this relentless bashing of Theo as a junior.

StatPlayer 1Player 2
Pts/game6.15.6
Rebounds/game4.64.9
Assists/game3.72.4
Steals/game0.91.2
Blocks/game0.20.3
3pt %23.722.2
2pt %45.342.5
FT %70.269.2
TS %47.344.3
Turnovers/game1.51.3
Fouls/game1.81.9

One of those is Leaky as a junior, the other is Theo as a junior. Not a whole heck of a lot of difference. Each is a little better at some things, a little worse at others.

I'm not claiming Leaky will have as good a senior year as Theo did, but I don't recall this relentless bashing of Theo as a junior.
Do you have the minutes per game for both? Theo’s motor was x10 compared to Leaky! Also, wasn’t Theo hurt for a majority of his jr year? I can’t remember but I thought he was, might have been his sophomore year!! Theo was a straight dog...Leaky not so much!

Do you have the minutes per game for both? Theo’s motor was x10 compared to Leaky! Also, wasn’t Theo hurt for a majority of his jr year? I can’t remember but I thought he was, might have been his sophomore year!! Theo was a straight dog...Leaky not so much!
MPG difference is an excellent point. I didn't include that in the chart because I assumed that difference would give away which column was which. But I didn't take that point to the next step.

Turns out the difference isn't as big as I expected. For the years in question, Theo averaged 23.8 and Leaky averaged 27.6. That improves Theo a bit on the per game measures.

I suppose I could have used the per 40 numbers, but some here go ballistic when anyone uses those numbers.

Fair enough. Well said sir.

I offer you my hand in friendship! I mean that.

MPG difference is an excellent point. I didn't include that in the chart because I assumed that difference would give away which column was which. But I didn't take that point to the next step.

Turns out the difference isn't as big as I expected. For the years in question, Theo averaged 23.8 and Leaky averaged 27.6. That improves Theo a bit on the per game measures.

I suppose I could have used the per 40 numbers, but some here go ballistic when anyone uses those numbers.

Thanks for looking that up! Theo really jumped from his junior to senior yr! Hopefully Leaky can but I just don’t see it...Theo was a much better passer and athlete imo and like I said was a dog! I think Leaky will have importance but as a rotational player with 10 to 15 min a game, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT