ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Board - Updated 10/4//21

Thanks for looking that up! Theo really jumped from his junior to senior yr! Hopefully Leaky can but I just don’t see it...Theo was a much better passer and athlete imo and like I said was a dog! I think Leaky will have importance but as a rotational player with 10 to 15 min a game, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that
All of us hope Leaky makes a jump… but I think for me Theo made aggressive mistakes, that he ironed out by senior year. Leaky seems to make lack of focus/gets bored mistakes. I think that is just much harder to grow out of (off the top of my head I think only Brice Johnson did final year)

Thanks for looking that up! Theo really jumped from his junior to senior yr! Hopefully Leaky can but I just don’t see it...Theo was a much better passer and athlete imo and like I said was a dog! I think Leaky will have importance but as a rotational player with 10 to 15 min a game, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that
I'm really hoping Leaky will have a great surge as a senior. I don't expect him to improve as much as Theo did, but you never know.

I also wonder if Leaky might be one of those who is helped by the changes Hubert will be making. He might be one who benefits from more spacing to open up drives, for example. We'll see.

As of this moment, I still expect Leaky to start at SF and play 25-30 minutes split between SF and PF.

I'm really hoping Leaky will have a great surge as a senior. I don't expect him to improve as much as Theo did, but you never know.

I also wonder if Leaky might be one of those who is helped by the changes Hubert will be making. He might be one who benefits from more spacing to open up drives, for example. We'll see.

As of this moment, I still expect Leaky to start at SF and play 25-30 minutes split between SF and PF.
I expect Rechon Black to regress , and supplanted by McKoy, Johnson and Styles

Why would he start and get lots of minutes, every other unc player is better than Leaky and deserves those minutes

What does that prove? I expect every HS senior in NC could also. My daddy could beat your dàddy one on one
I'm 64 years old and would beat Rechon Black in a game of one on one. I would back him down at will and ride him to the left on defense.

I'm confused as to what that has to do with anything. He plays for UNC, I would hope he could beat me at a game of one on one.
My older brother had a friend named "Duke"(no worries) that went to school at Smith Hi in Greensboro around "1970"ish. Well Ole Duke was tossed from class and ventured down to the gym. He and another guy played one on one for a bit. The other guy beat him 48 to 0. The other guy was Bob McAdoo. Who woulda' thought!

My older brother had a friend named "Duke"(no worries) that went to school at Smith Hi in Greensboro around "1970"ish. Well Ole Duke was tossed from class and ventured down to the gym. He and another guy played one on one for a bit. The other guy beat him 48 to 0. The other guy was Bob McAdoo. Who woulda' thought!
That reminds me of a pickup game years ago in the Charlotte YMCA that I participated in. Didn't realize until the game started the none other than David Thompson was on the other team. Needless to say, we did not win. Nor did I venture more than 6 feet from center court as David and his teammates ran from end to end dunking and blocking everything while I sustained borderline whiplash from just watching. A humbling experience to say the least.

Garcia would be great. But if we get Garcia, I'd worry that Manek might decommit.

Brady started for OK and I'm pretty sure he didn't commit here to come off the bench. I doubt Garcia will either.

Would Garcia start for Duke? Don't even think about it.

Simple truth is that Garcia could be huge for some school, but I doubt it will be us.
Well, do tell...🏀🎀

Yup. But you often forget how good these guys are, especially when we are talking about bench players. Vass is more than suspected, he is either a Troll (and losing his subtlety) or completely ignorant!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I have a story. Back when Hurricane Hugo hit a high school down the street they lost the use of their basketball gym. At the time I coached our high school church basketball team and I was 19 years old. The coach of the girls high school team wanted to scrimmage our church team. Now our church team were city champs out of 22 teams. I had two division 1 players on my team. We were good. Boys vs. Girls. My boys rolled their eyes and I told them you better take them seriously girls can flat out play. I told them how fundamentally sound girls are. They kicked our tails. Afterwards they stuck around and I played pick up with the girls. I was very good back then. I did a drop step on a girl and I accidentally elbowed her in the chest and knocked her down. I was in shock and I reached down to pick her up and she slapped my hand away. As she did this she said F you. I was stunned as I already had much respect for the girls players I had even more. Lol. So for those that think they could literally beat one of our players even on the JV team is pretty far fetched (Dave) not to mention disrespectful

Yep, I was wrong when I doubted we'd get Garcia a month ago.

Good thing to be wrong about.

If you keep stalking, you'll probably find a few other guesses I got wrong. Feel free to waste your time doing so. It suits you.

If you keep stalking, you'll probably find a few other guesses I got wrong. Feel free to waste your time doing so. It suits yo

If you keep stalking, you'll probably find a few other guesses I got wrong. Feel free to waste your time doing so. It suits you.

Pointing out your incorrect comments is in no way talking you

My noticing any random, incorrect statement made here is just that. Furthermore, pointing out baseless, potentially harmful statements is the correct thing to do here as well. Hopefully you will find your own path in the future that is void of potentially harmful content. Thank you and have a great day...

STORYTIME: My favorite pick-up moment was at a YMCA. I was waiting on the sideline to play and kept having my name erased off the “up next board” so finally I just went to a different court to get some shots up. Then a man comes over and asks if I want to play next. “SURE”! Then I realize he was just a spokesperson for the other 4 players one my “team”. 4 college age girls.

“well, at least I will get one game in” I thought.

The asked me if I could rebound and play last defender… then preceded to play a 1-2-1-1 press and beat the tar off every team we played for almost 3 hours… hitting everything, keeping teams from getting across half court… every defensive rebound I just hurl the ball the other way and they would sprint down and score.

Turns out they were the incoming freshman class to High Point University Women’s Teamand trying to learn to play together.
Long story short, I know my limitations when it comes to prime athletes vs. me

Agreed. Which Is why I sometimes don't let your comments slide.

Which is why I took notice of your baseless, potentially harmful comment that stated UNC basketball might lose Brady Manek if we did indeed sign Dawson Garcia! You had no logical, documented reason to state this. It was a reckless statement from the start. It has been proven wrong. The Tar Heels now have both players on the team...

Which is why I took notice of your baseless, potentially harmful comment that stated UNC basketball might lose Brady Manek if we did indeed sign Dawson Garcia! You had no logical, documented reason to state this. It was a reckless statement from the start. It has been proven wrong. The Tar Heels now have both players on the team...
And it sounds like he’s loving it at UNC. We all make posts that don’t age well from time to time.

I not only had a logical reason, I stated that reason.

Your difficulties with logical comprehension make me sad for you, but you have rejected efforts to nudge you along.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I not only had a logical reason, I stated that reason.

Your difficulties with logical comprehension make me sad for you, but you have rejected efforts to nudge you along.

Your point was not logical at all. Rather it was mostly just idle babbling. There was NOT any written quote or spoken quote to back your erroneous quote, in any way. That my friend makes your quote unreasonable ( and false, as proven)...

I declare it a tie!

Meanwhile back at the OP:

Hubs is killing the recruiting trail and puke might not even win any more recruiting Nattys!

I think we will see multiple pops for the good guys before next season is over! We are getting back to the: "we offered 2 at your position and the first to pop gets the scholly" days!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Real question: Is there anyone on here that really thinks they could beat one of the players 1 on 1? I used to be able to hang, but that is patently ridiculous! I played on the courts at NCSU and UNC back in the 80's and I can tell you even the bench players are pretty dang good!
Reminds me of a group I knew that got after it pretty well and a former Tar Heel, went to T. C. Roberson, was in the group. A solid bench guy to be sure but turned loose in summer he was not challenged often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT