ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Arkansas THREAD

Can someone please explain to me what in the hell Kenny Williams has been eating?
Wheaties.

Strange game, nice win. We were a mix of awful and dominant. But more dominant than awful.

Williams, Maye, Berry, and Pinson had 35, 34, 34, and 33 minutes, respectively. That's a heavy burden on those 4.
You can find the dark cloud behind every silver lining. This was a great win. If you aren't happy with our record at this point in the season, I just don't know what to say to you. This team is playing better than any of us thought they would at this juncture, yet you nitpick every little thing.

I don't think you thought we'd be undefeated at this stage, having played the teams we've played. Am I right or an I wrong?

Reactions: shun1
You can find the dark cloud behind every silver lining. This was a great win. If you aren't happy with our record at this point in the season, I just don't know what to say to you. This team is playing better than any of us thought they would at this juncture, yet you nitpick every little thing.

I don't think you thought we'd be undefeated at this stage, having played the teams we've played. Am I right or an I wrong?

I nitpick because that's how I enjoy the sport of basketball - by focusing on the details, both good and bad. If you want to only focus on the positive, that's perfectly okay, too.

I nitpick because that's how I enjoy the sport of basketball - by focusing on the details, both good and bad. If you want to only focus on the positive, that's perfectly okay, too.
That's the point, I don't only focus on the positive. I know this team has a long ways to go to reach the G8 or beyond, I've been preaching patience and telling guys to be realistic all along. But when we exceed expectations, they deserve a pat on the back.

Has this team exceeded your expectations for where you thought we'd be at this juncture of the season or not? Be honest. I think most of us would say yes.

Reactions: shun1
This may be as unselfish a team as I've ever seen wearing Carolina blue. We have great passers at the 1-4 positions. That makes us very hard to guard and also assures that we get a lot of good looks at the basket.
Hi Archer2...SMILE

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be as unselfish a team as I've ever seen wearing Carolina blue. We have great passers at the 1-4 positions. That makes us very hard to guard and also assures that we get a lot of good looks at the basket.

The last 3 years have been incredible in terms of position-by-position passing and willingness to share the ball. Our wings have passed as well as or better than our PGs. Plus the overall chemistry has been awesome.

Chemistry and unselfishness go a long way. Having a degree from UNC and Arizona means I watch every game for both teams. On paper Arizona has way more talent than UNC does, but they play as individuals and not as a team. Tons of iso ball and 1on1 stuff, and every basket looks like it took effort. Then watch UNC play and see how many easy baskets they get just from sharing the ball and moving without the ball. Im not gonna compare the coaches because obviously Roy is miles ahead of Miller, but you see the difference between guys that are there to win and guys that are there to improve their draft stock

That's the point, I don't only focus on the positive. I know this team has a long ways to go to reach the G8 or beyond, I've been preaching patience and telling guys to be realistic all along. But when we exceed expectations, they deserve a pat on the back.

Has this team exceeded your expectations for where you thought we'd be at this juncture of the season or not? Be honest. I think most of us would say yes.

I would say no. Anytime you return elite experience at the guard positions you have as good a chance as any team to make a run. Good guards make post players better whether or not they are good post players or bad. Teams have won national championships without post players, but I do not think many have won titles with bad guards. I've been saying that we have the pieces to make another run for a few weeks now, I could just see it in our demeanor and how hard we were playing. A big reason that I don't believe they have exceeded expectations because our players themselves would not tell you that think they've exceeded expectations. They think they can go cut the nets down again, and I do as well.

I would say no. Anytime you return elite experience at the guard positions you have as good a chance as any team to make a run. Good guards make post players better whether or not they are good post players or bad. Teams have won national championships without post players, but I do not think many have won titles with bad guards. I've been saying that we have the pieces to make another run for a few weeks now, I could just see it in our demeanor and how hard we were playing. A big reason that I don't believe they have exceeded expectations because our players themselves would not tell you that think they've exceeded expectations. They think they can go cut the nets down again, and I do as well.
Fair enough, but I think you are among a very small minority.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT