ADVERTISEMENT

OK, Bubba

Mike Norvell should be at or near the top of the list.

Impressive mid-level coach. Very well compensated - as in he makes as much now as does Fedora. It will take a raise to get him. Is UNC willing to pay Fedora AND and pay Norvell even more than Fedora?

Impressive mid-level coach. Very well compensated - as in he makes as much now as does Fedora. It will take a raise to get him. Is UNC willing to pay Fedora AND and pay Norvell even more than Fedora?
Norvell is the highest paid coach not at a P5 school. Memphis is a great place for him. To move, he will require full faith in the AD and the future of that program.

If u are bubba u have to make a move. From the suspensions to start the year, severe lack of talent, awful record against anybody with a pulse, losing to ECU routinely, team with lack of discipline year in and year out, etc, you can’t legitimately say we are serious about football and keep Fedora.

Not sure who would be interested in coming to try and fix this mess.
Somebody ready to prove something.

Lots people can recruit big and win at close to big time at a Texas or Bama or Florida or FSU or Ohio St. We need somebody who knows how to win with less and wants to play the role of under dog ready to bite the legs of every big dog and replace them.

A guy with no HC experience I would want to talk to if he is interested in Brent Venables. He is the most important DC in the country. He now knows the ACC inside and out. He could find a top OC to be his Associate Head Coach while he oversees the D and grooms a DC.

Venables is a K-St grad who may want to replace Snyder. But then again, there has been some talk that when he went to OU he infuriated major K-St boosters who have not forgotten or forgiven. Plus, he can recruit gangbusters from the ACC area to an ACC school.

before the names are listed, imo, people need to list reasons why it’s an attractive job...i can only think of one right now...

no pressure

before the names are listed, imo, people need to list reasons why it’s an attractive job...i can only think of one right now...

no pressure

I think that’s why you go after a guy that has been in the pressure situation and won big and is looking for a place to retire at...Much like what dook did with Cut...

no pressure
Facilities are good, plenty of talent in and around the state, not much competition in our division, an AD that wants you.

Facilities are good, plenty of talent in and around the state, not much competition in our division, an AD that wants you.

do you think you could sell that to an established coach that has won?...or, would it be easier, as an a.d., to get the next young guy with your reasons?

I think that’s why you go after a guy that has been in the pressure situation and won big and is looking for a place to retire at...Much like what dook did with Cut...

what coach is looking for that?...example, stoops crapped the bed in every big game he coached in...now, you could sell my “no pressure” to him because there isn’t any...however, i’m not sure a guy that coached at ou would consider this job unless spurrier was in his ear telling him it’s a great job(i say that because spurrier still believes it’s a great job and stoops and spurrier are tight).

i could be wrong, though.

do you think you could sell that to an established coach that has won?...or, would it be easier, as an a.d., to get the next young guy with your reasons?
It's always easier to get the next big thing. We were able to get Butch with the screw ups we had. I have to believe we can do better than some guy who doesn't have P5 experience now. If only for my sanity.

Reactions: gteeitup
Why would you even need to think on that one?
If you really hate OU, or maybe if you really hate Spurrier and want nothing to do with any former Spurrier coordinator.

Other than those, Stoops should be coveted by any fan base save Bama and Ohio St and a few others. Like most OU fans, I don't care for Mike Stoops as a DC, but I'd be thrilled have Mike Stoops DC under Bob Stoops HC.

If Bob wants to cement his Hall of Fame status, upping it, making UNC a big time winner would do the trick.

what coach is looking for that?...example, stoops crapped the bed in every big game he coached in...now, you could sell my “no pressure” to him because there isn’t any...however, i’m not sure a guy that coached at ou would consider this job unless spurrier was in his ear telling him it’s a great job(i say that because spurrier still believes it’s a great job and stoops and spurrier are tight).

i could be wrong, though.
You can't win 10 Big 12 titles in 18 years doing terribly in even half your big games, especially when Mack Brown is recruiting lights out for your most fierce rival and your in-state rival is at its all time best.

You can't win 10 Big 12 titles in 18 years doing terribly in even half your big games, especially when Mack Brown is recruiting lights out for your most fierce rival and your in-state rival is at its all time best.

how many big 12 titles did mack win?

Is UNC in a position to get an elite coach? The answer is no. Most of your big time winners wouldn't dream of coming to a school where no matter how good they are, they are still going to be the 2nd sport behind basketball. That is just the way it is in Chapel Hill, and rightly so. But there are folks that would be good the could be gotten. Lane Kiffen is looking for another chance. Kids love him and he could recruit. Good coach. Another I would consider is Stoops at Kentucky. He has done a solid job building Kentucky into a decent program. And think that he could see an easier path in this division of the ACC than he will ever find at Kentucky. Venebles? No. Some folks on here seem to think he is the answer. But the man got run out of Oklahoma on a rail when his defense couldn't stop a cold. Now that he is at Clemson with so much talent that most any of us could masquerade as the DC and look pretty good. But even with all those All Americans playing, it was interesting to see Jimbo move the ball almost at will on them last night.

Is UNC in a position to get an elite coach? The answer is no. Most of your big time winners wouldn't dream of coming to a school where no matter how good they are, they are still going to be the 2nd sport behind basketball. That is just the way it is in Chapel Hill, and rightly so. But there are folks that would be good the could be gotten. Lane Kiffen is looking for another chance. Kids love him and he could recruit. Good coach. Another I would consider is Stoops at Kentucky. He has done a solid job building Kentucky into a decent program. And think that he could see an easier path in this division of the ACC than he will ever find at Kentucky. Venebles? No. Some folks on here seem to think he is the answer. But the man got run out of Oklahoma on a rail when his defense couldn't stop a cold. Now that he is at Clemson with so much talent that most any of us could masquerade as the DC and look pretty good. But even with all those All Americans playing, it was interesting to see Jimbo move the ball almost at will on them last night.
Kiffin would be a great fit I think, but he has too much personality for the people who write the checks.

how many big 12 titles did mack win?
2 or 3. When Ou won the South, it almost always won the Championship. When Texas won the South, it usually lost the Championship. The pair won almost all South titles.

Stoops choking Big Games means he only won 1 National Championship. Most OU fans talk as if he were Fedora in bowls, but he was 9-9.

2 or 3. When Ou won the South, it almost always won the Championship. When Texas won the South, it usually lost the Championship. The pair won almost all South titles.

Stoops choking Big Games means he only won 1 National Championship. Most OU fans talk as if he were Fedora in bowls, but he was 9-9.
It would be nice just to have the opportunity to lose in a big game.

Reactions: franklin street
Kiffin would be a great fit I think, but he has too much personality for the people who write the checks.

You may be right. But I have heard from many about the regrets they have that they didn't grab Spurrier a few years back when they possibly could have. Kiffen is in that same mold. But as far as personality, I can't think of anyone who thinks more highly of themselves than Fedora. And without any results. Kiffen would win. Not sure how long he would stay as I could see him going to a more football based school like Mack did if he won. But hard to imagine UNC could attract better.

And, I think A&M got hosed on that touchback through the end zone and turnover on downs.
I think it probably was out of bounds, but there was not evidence to overturn, because it was not indisputable that the on filed call was wrong.

You may be right. But I have heard from many about the regrets they have that they didn't grab Spurrier a few years back when they possibly could have. Kiffen is in that same mold. But as far as personality, I can't think of anyone who thinks more highly of themselves than Fedora. And without any results. Kiffen would win. Not sure how long he would stay as I could see him going to a more football based school like Mack did if he won. But hard to imagine UNC could attract better.
The most interesting thing I have read about Kiffin this past few months is an article that quoted the President of FAU. He said that applications to the school have doubled and that Kiffin is the reason.

Kiffin is probably a near genius in IQ with Aspergers, which means in some ways he is truly immature and behind his age group, as well as unintentionally insulting at times. UNC has more than a few professors and administrators who fit that bill.

Lane Kiffin is the kind of unusual coach who could shine in building up a program like UNC. You think Cade Fortin looked good as a true frosh with potential to pass the ball - put him under Kiffin for a year and see what he can become.

Theore you guys talk to more I want kiffin and don't cheap skate him either... Back up the dag burn brinks truck
He's only making about $1 million in base right now. No need to back up the truck. There probably wouldn't be enough after paying Fed a buyout anyway. But again he has too much personality for the older generation.

He's only making about $1 million in base right now. No need to back up the truck. There probably wouldn't be enough after paying Fed a buyout anyway. But again he has too much personality for the older generation.
Kiffin took a pay cut to be FAU HC. Bama paid him more as OC than he is making now.

The man took less money to be HC, and not even in a P5. I like that moxie.

Kiffin took a pay cut to be FAU HC. Bama paid him more as OC than he is making now.

The man took less money to be HC, and not even in a P5. I like that moxie.
We could probably get him for around the same amount Fed is making and Kiffin's buyout isn't that big. I think it's somewhere around $1.5 million.

he had to learn something from saban.
Everybody learns something from Saban. The man is not just a winner; he also is a guru. No way Kirby Smart starts at top form as HC without that time under Saban. Jimbo learned from Saban, and used Saban based techniques and emphases to get FSU back to where Bowden had it before he lost control going over the hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT