ADVERTISEMENT

On Behalf Of LSU Nation/Louisiana...

Sep 29, 2007
Our thoughts and Prayers go out for all of the Great people of the Carolinas . We pray that everyone makes the right decision and gets their families far far away from this monster storm.

As someone who has lived in South Louisiana all my life, Please don't do what we did for Two Category 5's and a couple Cat 4's. We stayed and rode them out like idiots and put our families directly in harms way. Thankfully we didn't lose anyone, but certainly could and should have with our stupidity. We were so lucky not to get hit with flying debris as we sought shelter in the middle of it when our home started breaking apart.

You have never been so scared in your life as when you hear the 140-150 mph screaming/howling wind ripping the shingles and siding off your homes and the rain pounding the roof and walls/windows and then suddenly your worst fear happens, The roof tears completely off your house in the middle of the night and your looking directly up at the hurricane from the closet you were hunkered down in with your family. Suddenly, In the middle of a raging Hurricane you are tasked with getting your loved ones to safety or losing them, But there will be no safety! It will be pitch black and Power lines will be dancing all over sparking, Transformers exploding, projectiles like missiles hitting you at 100+ mph, Winds so strong little ones will get blown away in seconds and rain hitting you so hard it feels like millions of needles slamming into your body at once.

We implore you to get out while you can. I understand no one alive there has experienced a hurricane even close to this magnitude. Believe me you will regret staying, if you make it out alive!

Sports aside, From everyone here we pray no lives are lost, the houses can be re-built, so walk out with the most important thing now, Your life!

Good Luck and God Bless!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT