ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Any chance he was pushed out after that IG fiasco? I hope not
I never saw the post; heard it was taken down. I kinda wondered the same thing myself, but would hope not, unless there's something deeper we don't know about. Roy did give Will a few chances, so I expect he would do the same for JF or whoever else.

From what I hear, it was on good terms. The kid just wants to play more, and he's likely not gonna get much PT at Carolina when he's probably never gonna be close to 100%.

I wish him the best.

Steat took it to the chin by the mods on Premium because he said Francis was drunk on Instagram and started badmouthing him.

I saw the video. His eyes weren't bloodshot, just kinda half open. He just looked tired to me but I haven't smoked weed in years so what do I know.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Steat took it to the chin by the mods on Premium because he said Francis was drunk on Instagram and started badmouthing him.

I saw the video. His eyes weren't bloodshot, just kinda half open. He just looked tired to me but I haven't smoked weed in years so what do I know.

Thanks for the info. I never saw the video, it was taken down by the time I heard about it.

It did piss me off to see people going after the kid and questioning his work ethic and commitment.

Reactions: dadika13
Anyone else watching the almost meltdown on raidar over Walton not committing yesterday?

Funny seeing people go Jeckle and hyde over this kid.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Anyone else watching the almost meltdown on raidar over Walton not committing yesterday?

Funny seeing people go Jeckle and hyde over this kid.
This kinda stuff is why is usually try to avoid keeping up with recruiting. However, I have been watching this one a bit more since we do need dudes who can shoot.

Regardless, we'll win with him or without him.

A lot of people falling off their high horse over there. I'll just link that thread next time one of them says something about recruits/players and parents reading message boards.

Let’s see.... Minnesota kid dreams of going to UNC, gets offer and makes decision to commit on certain day... Has numerous other offers including one from hometown Gophers, which makes Momma happy.... Kid might think Minnesota doesn’t have room until last minute and Momma wants her baby to stay home with the influx in the country over Virus.... Family struggles and kid doesn’t commit on said date as planned!!!! Family struggles then Gophers also miss on other kids so Momma’s push gets stronger....

I have kids in college and high school and I can see the struggles this family is having at this time.... One of my daughters boyfriends just struggled for 4 months on his college decision to play football and all the schools were within a 3 hour radius from our hometown.... I don’t blame the kid or his family with this difficult decision!!!

Also the last time this type of situation played out kind of went in our favor.... Thank You Garrison Brooks

Worthy doesn’t get the props he should. He carried that team to the title
I rewatched the 82 finals a few weeks ago, and BIG GAME JAMES lived up to his name in that one. He had almost half of Carolina's points (28). I wish he had taken that errant Fred Brown pass to the rack for the emphatic finish, but I'm sure he was too surprised to believe it happened. When he missed those free throws, I was terrified that the Hoyas were gonna hit a half-courter at the buzzer. Whew... still made me nervous and I knew the result. :eek:

I rewatched the 82 finals a few weeks ago, and BIG GAME JAMES lived up to his name in that one. He had almost half of Carolina's points (28). I wish he had taken that errant Fred Brown pass to the rack for the emphatic finish, but I'm sure he was too surprised to believe it happened. When he missed those free throws, I was terrified that the Hoyas were gonna hit a half-courter at the buzzer. Whew... still made me nervous and I knew the result. :eek:
every time I watch that end of game I now think the same thing. He had a 20 foot lead on everyone. Why not slam down the easiest dunk he's ever had in life. No three point shot, what could go wrong? But yes, I think almost anybody could lose focus, wondering "what just happened? I can't believe it just happened" getting the ball passed to you by the other team for a break away. A top 10 crazy college basketball play of all time, IMO - and right at the climax or an epic college basketball championship game.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
every time I watch that end of game I now think the same thing. He had a 20 foot lead on everyone. Why not slam down the easiest dunk he's ever had in life. No three point shot, what could go wrong? But yes, I think almost anybody could lose focus, wondering "what just happened? I can't believe it just happened" getting the ball passed to you by the other team for a break away. A top 10 crazy college basketball play of all time, IMO - and right at the climax or an epic college basketball championship game.
Looking back on it, I felt bad for Fred Brown. It was good that he got to be part of a title team in 84.

Reactions: Heelicious
I always assumed he was trying to run down the clock instead of getting a quick score.
Yeah, that's what I think he was trying to do, hoping to run out the clock. I guess he thought it was almost up, otherwise he should've played keep away a little bit so he couldn't get fouled.

Still, a monster slam right there would've been awesome!

Reactions: Heelicious

ESPN spin zone already in full cycle on Zion and K.

Wonder if K would throw Capel under the bus if he had to testify. Basically "I let Jeff lead that recruit and I knew nothing."

Since we're on this whole getting rid of logos thing, I propose we change the NBA logo to the Jumpman. We can't have a logo of a white man representing a sport that is overwhelmingly played by minorities. Plus, it will piss off LeBron.

#blacklogosmatter
#hijackthemovement
No don’t go messin with Jerry

ADVERTISEMENT