ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Brief stuff overview....

Plates put on as good a performance as you'll ever see for a guy who only took 1 shot, with 5 dimes, 3 boards, and yet another defensive clinic.

With that said the 5 assist and 3 boards are nice!

Well - only 10 suited up. Only 8 played. But all the guys who stayed back in Louisville were walkons. They had all their scholarship players including one who was back healthy for first time today.
All 10 played according to ESPN box score with the least minutes played being 8.... I’m tired of hearing about how they were short-handed!!! Play with what you have and quit complaining... Now I know if they would have played a game even this week that their conditioning might of been better but no one took pity on us, including when we traveled to Louisville last February, when 99% of our roster missed a game at some point because of injuries or illness

Reactions: Heelicious
Brief stuff overview....

Plates put on as good a performance as you'll ever see for a guy who only took 1 shot, with 5 dimes, 3 boards, and yet another defensive clinic.

With that said the 5 assist and 3 boards are nice!
He did play well tonight. He gets in trouble when he tries to do more than he’s capable of. Or if he has to guard a way superior athlete. That wasn’t the case tonight. And he passed the ball well. I don’t have any problem with plates. I have a problem with Gary slurping him so much and then in one sentence saying all the coaches are in awe of the defensive clinic platek always puts on....then in the same post insinuates some Roy / coaching conspiracy is why Platek doesn’t play more. Or just inferior basketball knowledge for Roy vs Gary.

Just crazy delusional stuff.

Unc fighting for their tourney lives and once again sleep walks through a first half against a bad team.

side note I’d love to see our record when taking 2-0 lead to start the game. I know we’ve lost at least four times.

We're going to have to win out if we lose this game. I'm not at all confident we can do that.

Nah, we are comfortably in. Lunardi has us as a 9 seed. Our NET is 34.

I think we could lose to FSU and beat Cuse and still get in not playing in the first four.

I wonder if Roy knows a three point line exists.
Nope. Stuck in peach basket old Glory Days theory, dead long ago, of "let them take it. It is harder to make than a close up shot". WTF! Not if you let them line it up for two seconds, wide open. Its all these kids do is practice 3s. they're going to make them (unless it is most of the guys on our team).

Not to pick on one guy, because everyone sucked generally tonight....but the play where Brooks ran into Caleb while he was dribbling was the trademark play of the night. His attitude and effort right now are so messed up, I don't know how he is going to get right.

Sure he had quite a few points on uncontested dunks, but he had enough of an advantage that he should've had 30.

He looks flat out stupid level stoned, asleep out there. Like someone is forcing him to be on the court, go through the motions, last place he wants to be.

This from a SENIOR, pre-season ALL ACC player. Whatever. I don't know if he's had a game this year, at least against legit competition, where he even looked like 3rd team All ACC.
Start Bacot, Sharpe, Love, Kerwin, and maybe Davis? Put people out there who may be leaders someday, and who want to be out there.

well, that was a big ol'...

attachment

Nope. Stuck in peach basket old Glory Days theory, dead long ago, of "let them take it. It is harder to make than a close up shot". WTF! Not if you let them line it up for two seconds, wide open. Its all these kids do is practice 3s. they're going to make them (unless it is most of the guys on our team).
It was crazy listening to the announcers basically say Roy's defensive philosophy was stupid.

Can anyone put a positive spin on this game? Would it have been better to not play at all?

We got ambushed so bad. Freaking Pearl Harbor bombing.

It goes to a complete VOID, hole in leadership from juniors and seniors who should be leaders. I don’t care if you’re brooks or even Platek or Leaky - some upperclassman needs to stand up and fking call people out and not allow this BS - like during practice this week and by the under 16 timeout.

Void from all the coaches too. I don’t want to hear “I got outcoachd” for the 100th time by Ol’ Roy. Does that absolve him of any responsibility to fix it? You get ambushed like this, come out flat and dead - at some point try something new. Now everyone can beat UVA - except us as a case in point.

I’d like to say maybe they got the overconfidence bludgeoned out of them tonight and they come out POd on Saturday and play on a mission.

FSU is just better than us though. But they are due for a loss, we need it much more, it’s on our court. I still am not hopeful

Reactions: tarheel0910
I'm just sick of the fvcking TURNOVERS!!! I can handle the 3's from other teams, as frustrating and OBVIOUS as they are. These guys turn the ball over every other possession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT