ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Well you two asked why total population has nothing to do with it so I explained it. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you.

1aac5900b4bb4d010f2c9c05ad1ec50e.gif

So do you think a person bedridden in a nursing home, regardless of their race has the same odds of being killed by the police as someone that commits an armed robbery, regardless of their race? Both are part of the total population.

So do you think a person bedridden in a nursing home, regardless of their race has the same odds of being killed by the police as someone that commits an armed robbery, regardless of their race? Both are part of the total population.

Of course they're both part of the total population. And unless you change the distribution, a larger total population will still lead to both of those groups being proportionally larger.

Just say what you really want to say.

Of course they're both part of the total population. And unless you change the distribution, a larger total population will still lead to both of those groups being proportionally larger.

I already said what I wanted to say. Total population has nothing to do with the police killing more white people.

Okay... so you're saying white people are just more likely to commit armed robberies?

I am saying you have to only look at the people that the police feel are a threat to them. All the people in the population that dont put themselves in a position to be shot by the police have extremely low odds of being killed by the police.

I am saying you have to only look at the people that the police feel are a threat to them. All the people in the population that dont put themselves in a position to be shot by the police have extremely low odds of being killed by the police.
Truth in both arena's/

Reactions: heelbent

Tons of people feel the police are a threat to them. It isn't even really a racial problem. Police have WAY too much power in this country, and far too many are poorly trained and educated. Black people are scared of being killed on things like routine traffic stops. Should they just avoid driving to not put themselves in the position to be killed by police? People have been killed in their own homes... There is no avoiding this for black folks in America.

If you want to see racial disparity in policing, just look at drug policy. White teens are substantially more likely to use drugs, and substantially less likely to be arrested for possession. Black neighborhoods are more heavily and aggressively policed, and profiling is still a large problem in areas that don't focus on hiring cops from the local community.

Tons of people feel the police are a threat to them. It isn't even really a racial problem. Police have WAY too much power in this country, and far too many are poorly trained and educated. Black people are scared of being killed on things like routine traffic stops. Should they just avoid driving to not put themselves in the position to be killed by police? People have been killed in their own homes... There is no avoiding this for black folks in America.

If you want to see racial disparity in policing, just look at drug policy. White teens are substantially more likely to use drugs, and substantially less likely to be arrested for possession. Black neighborhoods are more heavily and aggressively policed, and profiling is still a large problem in areas that don't focus on hiring cops from the local community.

So you believe the police just shoot black people on traffic stops for no reason. Interesting.

I think if the media reported things equally then this racial justice stuff would die down. My opinion is the media wants to keep racism alive and well, drives clicks on their website.. keeps sponsors happy.

When is the last time you saw a headline.. "white cop shoots white man"?

So you believe the police just shoot black people on traffic stops for no reason. Interesting.

I think if the media reported things equally then this racial justice stuff would die down. My opinion is the media wants to keep racism alive and well, drives clicks on their website.. keeps sponsors happy.

When is the last time you saw a headline.. "white cop shoots white man"?

I think that a cop kneeled on a man's back for minutes while he slowly died for no reason. That happened right here in the United States of America. With someone recording him on camera. A woman was killed in her own home by police. So yeah, people get shot by cops in this county for no reason. Sometimes people shoot cops too. There's a lot of f*cked up people out there.

I think that a cop kneeled on a man's back for minutes while he slowly died for no reason. That happened right here in the United States of America. With someone recording him on camera. A woman was killed in her own home by police. So yeah, people get shot by cops in this county for no reason. Sometimes people shoot cops too. There's a lot of f*cked up people out there.

Only thing is.. doesnt seem to be an issue unless the person the police killed is black. I'd ike to see it reported honestly.

Reactions: chickenhunter
cbs news just went through the vast array of trump comments throughout the last five years and i just laughed.

totally forgot about the black female reporter that he called her question racist...and i always enjoy seeing the “stable genius” presser.

cbs news just went through the vast array of trump comments throughout the last five years and i just laughed.

totally forgot about the black female reporter that he called her question racist...and i always enjoy seeing the “stable genius” presser.
Was "I love the poorly educated" on there?

Another fav, regarding an assault allegation:

“I’ll say it with great respect: Number one, she’s not my type. Number two, it never happened. It never happened, OK?”

Just funny from a President (or adult) whether you like him or not. I love the order.

Last edited:

Did CBS have a follow up video on the silly things Biden has said the past year?

Reactions: bleeduncblue
or this one...

"If Donald Trump has his way, the complications from Covid-19, which are well beyond what they should be - it's estimated that 200 million people have died - probably by the time I finish this talk."

- Joe Biden

LOL, no reason? Got to be a lib, to shade the narrative-denying truth like that. How about that he was on drugs (fentanyl and meth) that, according to the first report (later changed) of the coroner in charge and another independent examiner, contributed heavily to if not plain caused his death....and that he was being arrested for passing funny money, and that he would not get in the cop car after already having complained about not being able to breathe (regardless of having no one kneeling on him at that point). And that the kneeling was a perfectly legitimate local police procedure which was not obstructing the man's airway, to be used when a suspect is being uncooperative....which he was.

The cop maybe should have given the guy a second chance to cooperate and maybe he shouldn't have, I'm not making a point of that either way. The point is that your opponent in this argument is absolutely correct that the reportage on these matters is as bullshit as you are.

All POTUS's say some dumb things. I remember people bash Bush. The dude had a degree from yale and held a MBA from harvard. He was far from dumb. If you were under the microscope for 4-8 years, not counting campaigns before the intial swearing in, you find plent of dumb thing on anyone

Last edited:
or this one...

"If Donald Trump has his way, the complications from Covid-19, which are well beyond what they should be - it's estimated that 200 million people have died - probably by the time I finish this talk."

- Joe Biden

no need to read them, why not enjoy video footage with sound !! far too many for just one video. HERE is Papaw-the-POTUS ....

BidenTard #1

BidenTard #2

BidenTard #3

Reactions: uncfootball-
All POTUS's say some dumb things. I remember people bash Bush. The dude had a degree from yale and held a MBA from harvard. He was far from dumb. If you were under the microscope for 4-8 years, not counting campaigns before the intial swearing in, you find plent of dumb thing on anyone
I miss the daily-rip desk calendars called "Bush-isms." You got a new one for every day of the year, for about 5 years. It was awesome. They made great Christmas gifts. Bush was the king of verbal gaffes. No other president has ever come close to his talents. And, he was well educated, for sure. Being a 3rd or 4th generation legacy carries a significant amount of pull.

lol, verbal gaffes are completely different than this.

He has to take a dig at someone who threatens him, in a ceremony that has nothing whatsoever to do with them. Those people have no idea what he's talking about. And, in that moment, he takes an already-awkward moment and turns it into a total disaster. I'm going to bet he has an IQ around 98-102.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I miss the daily-rip desk calendars called "Bush-isms." You got a new one for every day of the year, for about 5 years. It was awesome. They made great Christmas gifts. Bush was the king of verbal gaffes. No other president has ever come close to his talents. And, he was well educated, for sure. Being a 3rd or 4th generation legacy carries a significant amount of pull.

Yeah it’s hard to play the degree from Yale card when there is zero question that daddy got you in. Also, Bush was pretty famous for being a horrible student with an affinity for blow when he was at Yale.

And he went into the Harvard MBA program after he didn’t get into law school at Texas. Kinda weird that a C student could get into the most competitive MBA program on the face of the planet.

Bush is a classic example of a kid growing up in a powerful family, and being groomed for politics from day 1. His credentials were always going to be there regardless of the price tag.

All that aside, he is supposedly extremely well read even by presidential standards. Unless his reading hobby is just a PR stunt.

Buydem?

Ohhhhh... that's sort of cleverrrrr-ish... in a way. So, it's Buy... like purchase, and Dem like... like "Them"... or "Dem-ocrats?"

NW... Needs Work
65 words in the post you responded to, yet you pick up on one inane word to post about. Transparent much?

Trump supporters trying to roast Biden for saying dumb shit is my new favorite thing.
Biden supporters trying to deflect from Sleepy Joe saying dumb things has been one of my favorite things for a while now. Libs (real and faux-cons) are inherently disingenuous. They have to be, or they would have nothing to say.

Funny thing.. heard the past 4 years that Trump is racist, fascist.. insults to get under the skin of his supporters. With Biden/Harris if you say the President can't remember what he had for breakfast and the VP slept her way to the top you would be stating facts. Crazy times.

65 words in the post you responded to, yet you pick up on one inane word to post about. Transparent much?

Biden supporters trying to deflect from Sleepy Joe saying dumb things has been one of my favorite things for a while now. Libs (real and faux-cons) are inherently disingenuous. They have to be, or they would have nothing to say.

Simmer down, corn pop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT