ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

It seems a peaceful church goer rally is in DC on the same day as stopTheSteal. Or is it cult-day on the mall?

It seems a peaceful church goer rally is in DC on the same day as stopTheSteal. Or is it cult-day on the mall?

Protestants are out of the loop for the first time ever. They're resorting to their King worship. I don't understand why people who believe that their souls are in the hands of a King have any business pretending that they believe in self-governance when it comes to their earthly interests. They're just pissing off the HE-brew male god by doing that.

Right. Democrats have conditioned idiot blacks that the democratic party actually gives a shit about them. It would be hilarious if it didn't effect me.
So in the first sentence you make a reference to "idiot blacks" and then in the second sentence you write "it didn't effect me."

The word is affect, you semiliterate idiot.

So in the first sentence you make a reference to "idiot blacks" and then in the second sentence you write "it didn't effect me."

The word is affect, you semiliterate idiot.

tenor.gif

I don't get what point you're making? Graham tweeted that in 2016...and then Trump won bigly. So what relevance does that tweet have today?
And, now... after his 4 year shitshow and temper tantrum finale... the Republicans lost the House, the Senate, and the Presidency. They nominated a child and lost it all, today.

And, now... after his 4 year shitshow and temper tantrum finale... the Republicans lost the House, the Senate, and the Presidency. They nominated a child and lost it all, today.

But he won in 2016. Help me out here.

Graham tweeted that if they nominated Trump, they would lose and deserve to lose. But Trump won. And in that same election, other Republicans won. Now, had Graham tweeted that for this election cycle, then it would mean something. But it's weird to pull a tweet, that was proven to be wrong and act like it was prophetic.

I need Lindsay to tell me that he was talking about the election cycle 4 years from when he actually tweeted it for it to mean something. Otherwise, it's just you trying to connect some dots and make some weird point.

But he won in 2016. Help me out here.

Graham tweeted that if they nominated Trump, they would lose and deserve to lose. But Trump won. And in that same election, other Republicans won. Now, had Graham tweeted that for this election cycle, then it would mean something. But it's weird to pull a tweet, that was proven to be wrong and act like it was prophetic.

I need Lindsay to tell me that he was talking about the election cycle 4 years from when he actually tweeted it for it to mean something. Otherwise, it's just you trying to connect some dots and make some weird point.

I hope Libertarians wrestle control from a now splintered GOP. They are the lesser of all the evils IMO.
That would mean dems always win unless they get some control from them as well. Could be possible if Biden let's the AOC wing get their way.
The markets seem to approve of a Democratic president, house and Senate. At least for
The markets approve of the $2,000 everyone is going to get.

I don't think georgia is blue yet. It's about as red as you can get outside of Atlanta. People forget that Purdue won by a comfortable margin in November.

Trump's idiotic Twitter rants are alienating too many right-wing people in states that are getting purple-ish. If he forms a 3rd party with any relevance for 2024 all he'll do is divide conservatives even greater and Dems will have an 8 year completely blue government. And then we'll turn into Denmark. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I don't get what point you're making? Graham tweeted that in 2016...and then Trump won bigly. So what relevance does that tweet have today?
'we will get destroyed' - the GOP has gotten pretty wrecked. House, Senate & Pres have all flipped Dem since he took over and GOP is three sheets to the wind.

I don't think georgia is blue yet. It's about as red as you can get outside of Atlanta. People forget that Purdue won by a comfortable margin in November.
It's not November anymore. Land doesn't vote, people do.

It's pretty damn blue at the moment. And, historically? It's REALLY blue! It's bluer than Jimmy Carter's era. And, in 1976, it was still clinging to the remnants of Jim Crow Democrats. It's probably those uppity, idiot blacks to blame again!

Trump's idiotic Twitter rants are alienating too many right-wing people in states that are getting purple-ish. If he forms a 3rd party with any relevance for 2024 all he'll do is divide conservatives even greater and Dems will have an 8 year completely blue government. And then we'll turn into Denmark. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

Or maybe there is an uprising.

AOC already doing victory laps on Twitter today. I loathe that thing.
It's going to be interesting to see how Biden/ Harris govern. Biden is definitely more moderate, but is he strong enough to stand up to the left wing for the year he's president? He said he's for all Americans, but obviously that could end up being campaign talk like most things usually are. I think we'll find out within the first 60 days. If student loan forgiveness and monthly rona payments happen, it's going the way of AOC.

Reactions: dadika13
Ok. By that logic, I’ll declare that if Biden is President, the GOP will gain seats in the next election.

Let’s see if I’m as prophetic as Lindsay Graham.

Or you are just betting on what usually happens during mid-terms.

But if the party is split in 2022 and you have 3rd party conservative candidates running then the Dems will gain seats.

It's not November anymore. Land doesn't vote, people do.

It's pretty damn blue at the moment. And, historically? It's REALLY blue! It's bluer than Jimmy Carter's era. And, in 1976, it was still clinging to the remnants of Jim Crow Democrats. It's probably those uppity, idiot blacks to blame again!
It's absolutely not blue at the moment. Two seats don't make a state.

It's going to be interesting to see how Biden/ Harris govern. Biden is definitely more moderate, but is he strong enough to stand up to the left wing for the year he's president? He said he's for all Americans, but obviously that could end up being campaign talk like most things usually are. I think we'll find out within the first 60 days. If student loan forgiveness and monthly rona payments happen, it's going the way of AOC.

And if the GOP is in awful shape then the Dems can get more radical without fear that they are going to lose elections over it.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Who cares about rural Georgia and its country bumpkin republicans? Atlanta continues to grow meaning Georgia will become bluer each year.

It's blue enough.
Blue enough for what? Federal politics? I'd say it's purple at best. The senators certainly can't afford to go too far to the left if they plan on two terms. The state government is solid red and the state as a whole is conservative. Stick to SC politics.

But it's totally believable that Biden got 80+ million votes.

If you know even a tiny bit about election maps you'd know that cities aren't what swing elections, it's the suburbs. Sure, people are moving out of those NY/NJ cities on that list but they're moving to suburbs of them and turning those suburbs blue. When you leave Newark, NJ you're generally going to Sussex and Morris county, which were more blue than 2016 because of new (largely minority and/or younger) residents. None of those towns in those counties are going to appear on some "most moved into list" because there are hundreds of towns that are getting a share of those Newark/Bergen/New York/Trenton transplants.

You see headline and react. Try reading.

Reactions: blazers
Blue enough for what? Federal politics? I'd say it's purple at best. The senators certainly can't afford to go too far to the left if they plan on two terms. The state government is solid red and the state as a whole is conservative. Stick to SC politics.

Can someone explain to me how local governments can be firmly red yet at the federal level, those same folks that voted in red local government vote blue into office?

I guess it can happen because mindless democrats don't realize that local government impacts them more and they don't turn out for local elections. But just more shit that doesn't pass the smell test

If you know even a tiny bit about election maps you'd know that cities aren't what swing elections, it's the suburbs. Sure, people are moving out of those NY/NJ cities on that list but they're moving to suburbs of them and turning those suburbs blue. When you leave Newark, NJ you're generally going to Sussex and Morris county, which were more blue than 2016 because of new (largely minority and/or younger) residents. None of those towns in those counties are going to appear on some "most moved into list" because there are hundreds of towns that are getting a share of those Newark/Bergen/New York/Trenton transplants.

You see headline and react. Try reading.

Umm, the cities with most residents moving in are 9/10 red states. So there goes your theory.

And if the GOP is in awful shape then the Dems can get more radical without fear that they are going to lose elections over it.
Republicans could absolutely own the country for decades if they could pass some comprehensive immigration reform. People keep talking about the black vote, but Hispanics will become the largest minority by far. Hispanics tend to lean conservative socially, so there wouldn't need to be any change from republicans there. Pandering to white people is a losing strategy.

I don't expect many of his supporters know what present perfect tense is but for those that do, he's admitting it's over.

It's blue enough to elect 2 Democratic senators and flip the state to vote for a Democrat president in a momentous election. I am fully aware of the red-necks in rural Georgia. I live about 20 miles from them. The rebel/Trump flags in Stephens County are out in force. But, there weren't enough of them for the two run-off elections last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT