ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I don't expect many of his supporters know what present perfect tense is but for those that do, he's admitting it's over.

Hopefully he excites and motivates the crowd to make some noise before he goes. I'm certainly mad he lost but he already won in creating the MAGA movement which will be a real thorn in the side of those supporting radical liberal policies.

Republicans could absolutely own the country for decades if they could pass some comprehensive immigration reform. People keep talking about the black vote, but Hispanics will become the largest minority by far. Hispanics tend to lean conservative socially, so there wouldn't need to be any change from republicans there. Pandering to white people is a losing strategy.

Which is why some 3rd party of a MAGA white uneducated base won't win any elections, they'll just screw up an already screwed up GOP.

Agree with you though, if you can hit Hispanics with conservative, religious values combined with friendly immigration reform then you'll win a ton of elections in the upcoming years.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Trump's idiotic Twitter rants are alienating too many right-wing people in states that are getting purple-ish. If he forms a 3rd party with any relevance for 2024 all he'll do is divide conservatives even greater and Dems will have an 8 year completely blue government. And then we'll turn into Denmark. Pretty shitty if you ask me.
a) Why Denmark?

b) Dems would find a way to F it up somehow. Dems are always divided unless some asshat like Trump can unite them. An "anti-establishment" that has liberal views could be just as enticing as "anti-establishment" that is conservative, creating something like a 4th party.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm not sure why some Trump supporters are so mad about what happened last night. Plenty of them said they hope the republican party loses. Did they just now realize that means that the democrats win? Did they not know the dems would gain control of the senate?

I'm not sure why some Trump supporters are so mad about what happened last night. Plenty of them said they hope the republican party loses. Did they just now realize that means that the democrats win? Did they not know the dems would gain control of the senate?

Sorry. Some of us were hoping truth and freedom would prevail. Silly us.

Sorry. Some of us were hoping truth and freedom would prevail. Silly us.
How does truth and freedom prevail last night? There were two results possible. Dems win or republicans win. There was no truth and freedom option. Just a question of giving Biden total control. Biden got control just like they wanted. Maybe Trump supporters are the true deep state.

Republicans could absolutely own the country for decades if they could pass some comprehensive immigration reform. People keep talking about the black vote, but Hispanics will become the largest minority by far. Hispanics tend to lean conservative socially, so there wouldn't need to be any change from republicans there. Pandering to white people is a losing strategy.
Agreed, or simply don't be racist. Much of the black vote is socially conservative in terms of religion, gay marriage, abortion.

Loeffler did and said things that black people felt were racist. Trump did too. Bad combo.

Sometimes, I find it funny and idiotic that people flee states run by Dems and then continue to vote for the policies they are running from.

That shouldn't surprise you. That's what they do. "These liberal policies are good for America...except of course me, who is absolved of having to follow them."

Can someone explain to me how local governments can be firmly red yet at the federal level, those same folks that voted in red local government vote blue into office?

I guess it can happen because mindless democrats don't realize that local government impacts them more and they don't turn out for local elections. But just more shit that doesn't pass the smell test
Never-Trumpers are a real thing too.

Split-ticket voting shouldn't be weird, but it seems like it is getting more rare. Governor Cooper winning handily in a state that voted for Trump still baffles me.

Is there maps of presidential/federal voting per local district (as opposed to county)? This would be an interesting way to look at this question to tease out gerrymandering.

Never-Trumpers are a real thing too.

Split-ticket voting shouldn't be weird, but it seems like it is getting more rare. Governor Cooper winning handily in a state that voted for Trump still baffles me.

Is there maps of presidential/federal voting per local district (as opposed to county)? This would be an interesting way to look at this question to tease out gerrymandering.

Or one might assume something fishy.

I’m anxious to see how law enforcement reacts to all this. Most LEOs like Trump and probably not big on “defund the police”. Trigger fingers become itchy when LEOs don’t feel supported. More George Floyds and Jacob Blakes to come.

Dude, you're lost.

Sometimes, I find it funny and idiotic that people flee states run by Dems and then continue to vote for the policies they are running from.

Top reasons people flee California and NY:
1 Better paid family leave than any other state, min wage and other goddamn liberal policies
2 weather (snow, droughts, wildfires)
3 Expensive housing
4 Lifestyle (traffic and hating density)
5. University/College
6. Job
Somewhere way down the list - cheaper state taxes for retirement (and this age demographic is usually repub)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT