ADVERTISEMENT

Orange Bowl

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
GT up now 42-20

As much as I despise GT fans for their widespread ABCism, the ACC needs thr Jackets to win its anchor bowl, preferably handily, especaily against a Top 10 SEC team that was ranked #1.

Both Mississippi schools were posers. I can only assume the typically strong teams had a down year. I don't think either of the Mississippi schools are going to make encore appearances next year.

Originally posted by strummingram:
Both Mississippi schools were posers. I can only assume the typically strong teams had a down year. I don't think either of the Mississippi schools are going to make encore appearances next year.
Bama will be back next year, and I think Arkansas is the other team to beat.

LSU would be my 3rd pick, but with Chavis heading to A&M, the Aggies might move up.

Auburn should be no worse than 5th.

Mullen needs to leave Starkville if he gets a decent offer. Freeze is a MS native who will be happy finshing his career in Oxford.

Frankly, I'm very envious of Ga Tech's football program. I wish it were ours. It would be awesome to have a 3-time ACC Coach of the year a our coach. We should be so lucky.

Yep. Paul Johnson looking pretty damn good right about now.. What could have been if he were at UNC with better recruiting than at GT...

Color me very impressed with what Arkansas is building, that will not be a fun game for anyone in the conference next year.

Statement win for YOUR conference!

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

Yes it would be great to have a 3 time ACC COY and a program playing in the top 20 and a major bowl. With that said, I DO NOT want Paul Johnson as coach. Some may disagree, but I HATE the triple option and I absolutely despise the "blocking" technique he teaches. I don't think that crap has any place in the game and regardless of how many games he wins, I don't like it at all.

Originally posted by UNC9T:
Color me very impressed with what Arkansas is building, that will not be a fun game for anyone in the conference next year.
Agreed. I'm not sure there was a more impressive team over the last month of the season. And I adore the style they play. Why can't we be that?

It would be a nice start if we could have their OL coach, wait a minute, we used to have him...oh well....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT