ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC team games Week 1

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Moo beat 1AA Western Carolina 38-21 and Buena planning a parade.

Dook under new HC Manny Diaz opens against 1AA Elon Fighting' Nerds tonight.

Later tonight Stanford hosts TCU. I love the Stanford WR Eric Ayomanor. He is superb.

Moo beat 1AA Western Carolina 38-21 and Buena planning a parade.

Dook under new HC Manny Diaz opens against 1AA Elon Fighting' Nerds tonight.
Manny Diaz just sent a lesson to Mack: on the 2nd Dook play, Murphy completed a pass to the TE for a 1st down.

The Fabulous Phoenix proved no match for the Iron Dookies. 26-3 Dook

TCU at Stanford was a much better game to watch. The Cardinal came top a TD short, but unless they played over their heads or TCU is going ton be definitely worse than I think they will be, Stanford has made improvement since last year.

The big game is Clemson vs. UGA.

Also started now are VT vs. Vanderbilt and Louisville vs. 1AA Austin Peay.

Dawgs lead at the Half 6-0. Again, it is the Clemson D, not any SEC D, that can shut down UGA. If Clemson had a sharper QB and a truly top WR, Clemson could lead this game by 10 or more.

UGA just ran wild in the 2nd Half, leaving Clemson looking like nothing.

We've been told how great the VT QB Drones is. I thought he was OK last year, a lot of media hype for flash and flair and up and down play. Today for certain, I would take the Vandy QB Pavia over Drones. Pavia reminds me of Joe Kapp - not a pretty QB by any means, but a tough leader who makes things happen.

Down goes VT in OT. Assuming they were option plays (as opposed to the play called for Dri9nes too fake and then keep), Xrones made 2 bas reads to keep the ball.

Miami goes up 7-0 on opening possession. ACC badly needs Miami to beat Florida.

Ward shows his downside by forcing a pass deep in Miami territory. INT for UF that leads to FG.

Ok so the acc just needs to keep their mouths shut and stop acting like it’s a shame we get no respect. Can’t even beat vandy with this so called much improved team of Hokies and blown out by the dawgs. Not to mention we were two missed FGs away from a loss as well. Moo struggled with the catamounts for three quarters. Not an impressive showing so far.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
Ok so the acc just needs to keep their mouths shut and stop acting like it’s a shame we get no respect. Can’t even beat vandy with this so called much improved team of Hokies and blown out by the dawgs. Not to mention we were two missed FGs away from a loss as well. Moo struggled with the catamounts for three quarters. Not an impressive showing so far.
Right now, the only ACC team that looks like it deserves to be ranked as high as #10 is Miami. But I am not going to write off Louisville, if only because of Brohm. WE really need an ACC Championship matching a 12-0 vs an 11-1 or a second 12-0.

I think today is Week because of long weekend. BC is about to face FSU. Very interesting game. Can FSU recover and look good? Can Bill O'Brien make BC tougher?

BC held the ball almost the entire 1st quarter and scored a rushing TD on the 1st play of the 2nd. BC OL looks GREAT!

BC up 14-0 and DJ still looks lost and a big below average QB. Norvell needs to play that kid who started last year after even the 2nd teamer got knocked out. He was a 4* who originally xcommitt6ed to Ohio ST. Kiffin, Leach, and Saban all wanted him.

dj isn’t very good, obviously…but player 2-45 on the roster, the two-deep should not be this bad.

14-6 at the Half. BC has kept Noles out of the End Zone.

DJ is not the QB answer for FSU, any more than he was for Clemson.

dj isn’t very good, obviously…but player 2-45 on the roster, the two-deep should not be this bad.
Her is my wonder: sometimes a team can protest something, as they did last year's snub and then goinhgb to a non-playoff bowl, and have that protest cry over, so that you end up harming yourself. Is that part of why FSU looks as it does so far this season?

Reactions: gteeitup
BAD decision by Norbvell to go on 4th and 5 at his own 45. DJ opanicked and tossed the INT, returned for 1st and Goal BC. Then TD BC.

21-6.

Norvell needs to play the back up QB Brock Glenn. He was OK in the ACC Championship Game.

BAD decision by Norbvell to go on 4th and 5 at his own 45. DJ opanicked and tossed the INT, returned for 1st and Goal BC. Then TD BC.

21-6.

Norvell needs to play the back up QB Brock Glenn. He was OK in the ACC Championship Game.
Glenn attempted 21 passes and had 55 passing yards in the ACC Championship game. The fact that Norvell saw DJ’s tape at Clemson and Oregon St. and said yep, that’s the guy to take over for Travis, is incredible.

Glenn attempted 21 passes and had 55 passing yards in the ACC Championship game. The fact that Norvell saw DJ’s tape at Clemson and Oregon St. and said yep, that’s the guy to take over for Travis, is incredible.
He tried to get Ward, but Ward liked the Miami area better, and it seems that Miami had more NIL money. Ward's dad says that Cam liked the idea of helping Miami get back to its glory days - that that was a nice challenge.

To be fair to DJ, the FSU OL has looked like a bunch of fat, slow goofballs. BC made them look worse than GT did. In that regard, this reminds me of 2001, when UNC lived in the FSU backfield. Not just Peppers - the whole UNC D Front 7 made mincemeat of the FSU OL.

What can Clemson and Miami Ds do to FSU?

He tried to get Ward, but Ward liked the Miami area better, and it seems that Miami had more NIL money. Ward's dad says that Cam liked the idea of helping Miami get back to its glory days - that that was a nice challenge.

To be fair to DJ, the FSU OL has looked like a bunch of fat, slow goofballs. BC made them look worse than GT did. In that regard, this reminds me of 2001, when UNC lived in the FSU backfield. Not just Peppers - the whole UNC D Front 7 made mincemeat of the FSU OL.

What can Clemson and Miami Ds do to FSU?
OL hasn’t been great but a QB with his experience shouldn’t be missing routine throws like he’s doing.

OL hasn’t been great but a QB with his experience shouldn’t be missing routine throws like he’s doing.
I agree. I thought he had most of what h needed coming out of HS. Maybe not to be All American, but certainly a very good starting QB on a very good team. But he is not. And he is no longer a kid. Norvell needs to have Glenn getting major reps with the first team over this bye week, and also other guys getting time with the 2nd team offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT