ADVERTISEMENT

Our best case scenario re: Larry

Xlance

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2014
Our best situation would be if Larry were to be offered another job....right?
Maybe we will get lucky and Maryland will hire Matt Rhule from Baylor (former Penn State linebacker, Temple HC) even though Rhule's record at Baylor is terrible. For Rhule what difference would it make....moving from a mess in Texas to a mess i the B1G? Maryland probable won't be able to be too picky as they will struggle for a while regardless of their new coach.
That leaves a vacancy at Baylor, which really would be in no position to be picky. Larry started his coaching career in Waco under Grant Teaff. I believe at least one of his kids was born in Waco.
The job would suit Larry. The school would appreciate him, and he knows how to survive a NCAA mess.
This scenario would be a win-win for everyone involved (Maryland/Rhule, Baylor/Fedora, and most of all leaves Carolina free to change directions).

Last edited:
Our best situation would be if Larry were to be offered another job....right?
Maybe we will get lucky and Maryland will hire Matt Rhule from Baylor (former Penn State linebacker, Temple HC) even though Rhule's record at Baylor is terrible. For Rhule what difference would it make....moving from a mess in Texas to a mess i the B1G? Maryland probable won't be able to be too picky as they will struggle for a while regardless of their new coach.
That leaves a vacancy at Baylor, which really would be in no position to be picky. Larry started his coaching career in Waco under Grant Teaff. I believe at least one of his kids was born in Waco.
The job would suit Larry. The school would appreciate him, and he knows how to survive a NCAA mess.
This scenario would be a win-win for everyone involved (Maryland/Rhule, Baylor/Fedora, and most of all leaves Carolina free to change directions).
Sold!

He'd be crazy to take another job that would pay less than the buyout, when he could get paid millions of dollars to sit on a beach somewhere and sip Red Bulls.
Arrogance. Fedora truly believes he is some kind of offensive guru who can win multiple conference titles and a National Championship. He knows what Briles did at Baylor (in addition to turning his eyes as players raped a host of coeds). His Texas born ego may want to top Briles.

Arrogance. Fedora truly believes he is some kind of offensive guru who can win multiple conference titles and a National Championship. He knows what Briles did at Baylor (in addition to turning his eyes as players raped a host of coeds). His Texas born ego may want to top Briles.

There’s no chance Baylor would hire him right now.

Better than Larry?
Rhule has only won three in the last two years....Larry has won 4....a clear upgrade.

That makes no sense. If they fire their current coach they would choose from the best available candidates. Not the first option that is barely better than the guy they fired...

Reactions: tarheel0910
That makes no sense. If they fire their current coach they would choose from the best available candidates. Not the first option that is barely better than the guy they fired...
Well he isn't saying they'd fire Rhule, rather that Rhule would leave for more money at Maryland.

Would be great but we'll see. I think Fed would get paid his buyout minus what he makes at another job - so no loss of salary. Has been successful at taking on a job under ncaa scrutiny and keeping it clean (except for shoe gate). Not sure they would take a guy they ran all over with their 4th string QB though.

Would be great but we'll see. I think Fed would get paid his buyout minus what he makes at another job - so no loss of salary. Has been successful at taking on a job under ncaa scrutiny and keeping it clean (except for shoe gate). Not sure they would take a guy they ran all over with their 4th string QB though.
If Baptists believed in penance, Baylor could take Fedora as penance for looking the other way as Briles looked the other way while his players raped coeds between racking up Wins.

He wouldn't get paid his buyout if he left. Usually there are provisions in the contact saying the other school would pay us.

we might be wise to pay even if he left, sweeten the deal - better than the alternative

ADVERTISEMENT