ADVERTISEMENT

"Out of the Woods!!!"

FranktheHeel

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2017
http://goheels.com/news/2017/10/4/adam-lucas-lucas-out-of-the-woods.aspx

Really hoping for a big improvement from Woods this year. This kid has great athleticism and showed some flashes of greatness last season. It's good to hear that Huuuu has been working with him on his shot. If he can have a consistent outside shot with his speed and ability to get to the hoop, he'll be a tough guard for anyone. His biggest thing is going to be increasing his confidence and being more comfortable controlling the game. If can do this, we'll have a deadly second unit with him running things.
"Around ACC play, the game started to slow down for me a little bit," Woods says. "My parents were great about keeping my confidence up, and Coach always kept confidence in me. I feel like I'm ready to continue making improvement."

Let's get it Woods- time to put your mark on Chapel Hill!!

Reactions: Ozheelfan
This is a great find and Lucas once gain knocks it out of the park!

That quote shows why I always thought he would not transfer, but would instead apply himself to improvement. Roy knows his players very well and I expect the confidence Roy showed in 7th to be reflected in his play and his effectiveness this season! I always thought the young man was a reflective person who showed his disappointment in himself and NEVER dissatisfaction with the program!

I believe 7th will show an incredible bounce in performance this season!

Reactions: Archer2
http://goheels.com/news/2017/10/4/adam-lucas-lucas-out-of-the-woods.aspx

Really hoping for a big improvement from Woods this year. This kid has great athleticism and showed some flashes of greatness last season. It's good to hear that Huuuu has been working with him on his shot. If he can have a consistent outside shot with his speed and ability to get to the hoop, he'll be a tough guard for anyone. His biggest thing is going to be increasing his confidence and being more comfortable controlling the game. If can do this, we'll have a deadly second unit with him running things.
"Around ACC play, the game started to slow down for me a little bit," Woods says. "My parents were great about keeping my confidence up, and Coach always kept confidence in me. I feel like I'm ready to continue making improvement."

Let's get it Woods- time to put your mark on Chapel Hill!!
I talked about Hubert helping him in an intel piece I posted back this summer and the feedback I heard then on his progress was positive. I know some like to think he can't shoot from the small sample size we've witnessed in games, but even when he came in to UNC he could be an effective, albeit streaky, shooter in practice and pick-up. As with so many young players, sometimes it's just a little mechanics thing that separates them from consistency --- that, and confidence.

Honestly my only worry with 7th is that Roy won't give up on the PG thing with him soon enough and let the kid play off the ball where he really needs to be. In other words I just hope we don't have another Nate Britt situation where it takes 2+ seasons to concede that he's better at the 2.

Reactions: Archer2
I agree that he is a more natural 2, but I believe his reflective nature and bball IQ will help him become a good PG. His motivation to learn is clear and I don't see any future in the pros at 2 for him.

We'll see how it shakes out, but no matter what, I am really pulling for 7th to break out!

Reactions: shun1
I agree that he is a more natural 2, but I believe his reflective nature and bball IQ will help him become a good PG. His motivation to learn is clear and I don't see any future in the pros at 2 for him.

We'll see how it shakes out, but no matter what, I am really pulling for 7th to break out!
I believe people are going to be thoroughly impressed with Seventh and Jalek. Complete studs who are going to have a lot of fun this year! Can’t wait. Go Tar Heels!!!!!!!

Reactions: shun1 and TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT