ADVERTISEMENT

Overheard conversation: Bubba, Art Chansky, and Carol Folt

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
B: Big game today.

A: You know it. If we lose to Western, the calls for Larry's head may be too much for us to ignore.

B: And they've already caused more than enough trouble for me.

C: I'm in charge here, and I will not crumble before knuckle-walking football fans. Too much is at stake that such people cannot fathom.

A: You bet. If Larry gets fired, that's a small fortune that can't go to basketball.

C: That too, but I was thinking about academic reputation. How could I keep my head up around my former Ivy League administrators if I run a university that wins big at football and has droves of low IQ, redneck fans, like Clemson?

B: You know, though, if we added that kind of football support to what we have for basketball, we'd be rolling in money and be able to better support non-revenue sports.

A: We do more than all right in that regard without the white trash football fans that come with winning big. Leave that to Clemson and FSU, Oklahoma and the SEC.

C: It's not just down south either. The average football fan for Ohio State, Nebraska, even Wisconsin, situated in the Berkeley of the midwest, is a redneck, supporting no telling what kind of violent racism and sexism. Can you imagine how many of them voted for Trump?

B: (clearing his throat) I certainly don't care for Buckeyes, and when riled up I might talk about the redneck Ohio State fans. But I know that the vast majority of African-Americans in Ohio are Buckeye football fans, and 90, perhaps 95, % of them voted for Hillary. And I know close to 100% of Notre Dame's football boosters also donate to academics or non-revenue sports or both. They're the best ambassadors for the school, and always have been.

A: (laughing) Says the guy named Bubba.

C: Let's keep focused. Bubba, you need to be able to keep the football fans from rebelling when we keep Larry after a 2 and 9 season, on top of 3 and 9. Art, you need to keep basketball fans focused on the hardwood, and continue to remind football fans of the hierarchy on this campus. Both of you be ready to have your people blame Nathan Elliott to relieve the heat on Larry. Poor man, he suffers so from the way the redneck football fans are so mean, saying just awful things about they don't know, people who work hard for their money.

Reactions: skubby12002
B: Big game today.

A: You know it. If we lose to Western, the calls for Larry's head may be too much for us to ignore.

B: And they've already caused more than enough trouble for me.

C: I'm in charge here, and I will not crumble before knuckle-walking football fans. Too much is at stake that such people cannot fathom.

A: You bet. If Larry gets fired, that's a small fortune that can't go to basketball.

C: That too, but I was thinking about academic reputation. How could I keep my head up around my former Ivy League administrators if I run a university that wins big at football and has droves of low IQ, redneck fans, like Clemson?

B: You know, though, if we added that kind of football support to what we have for basketball, we'd be rolling in money and be able to better support non-revenue sports.

A: We do more than all right in that regard without the white trash football fans that come with winning big. Leave that to Clemson and FSU, Oklahoma and the SEC.

C: It's not just down south either. The average football fan for Ohio State, Nebraska, even Wisconsin, situated in the Berkeley of the midwest, is a redneck, supporting no telling what kind of violent racism and sexism. Can you imagine how many of them voted for Trump?

B: (clearing his throat) I certainly don't care for Buckeyes, and when riled up I might talk about the redneck Ohio State fans. But I know that the vast majority of African-Americans in Ohio are Buckeye football fans, and 90, perhaps 95, % of them voted for Hillary. And I know close to 100% of Notre Dame's football boosters also donate to academics or non-revenue sports or both. They're the best ambassadors for the school, and always have been.

A: (laughing) Says the guy named Bubba.

C: Let's keep focused. Bubba, you need to be able to keep the football fans from rebelling when we keep Larry after a 2 and 9 season, on top of 3 and 9. Art, you need to keep basketball fans focused on the hardwood, and continue to remind football fans of the hierarchy on this campus. Both of you be ready to have your people blame Nathan Elliott to relieve the heat on Larry. Poor man, he suffers so from the way the redneck football fans are so mean, saying just awful things about they don't know, people who work hard for their money.
1-star-676x132.jpg

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
ADVERTISEMENT