ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Sullivan hired

Coming aboard in player development role. Staff just keeps getting better and better.
Question what is his allowed scope? I assume this is a non game role (aka practices only) not on the bench during games, no off campus recruiting however can host and guide tours.

Do any of these guys know anything about social media or how kids think these days?

I mean they're all younger than I am, but that's not saying a lot.
Interesting you say that. I was thinking how Carolina historically is behind trend with utilizing social media to recruit. Head coaches across the country are using it to their advantage. Not sure why HD has a new Twitter account with no tweets.

Look at We Miller’s Twitter for example and see how he’s using it to stay active with current players and give visibility to recruits.

There is no excuse for Carolina’s antiquated approach to social media and this staff needs to utilize it to their advantage.

Question what is his allowed scope? I assume this is a non game role (aka practices only) not on the bench during games, no off campus recruiting however can host and guide tours.
As I understand it, he can't recruit off campus but can be on the bench during games (as long as he's not "coaching") and can host recruits.

Sullivan, an old fart is replacing Marshall, a Gen Y Millennial! Seems like Hubert believes kids will want to be recruited by someone who can show them how to get to and stay in the League rather than someone raised on Snapchat!

I hope he is great at this gig, as a player I did not like Pat. The two have zero connection, I just hope I appreciate him helping in this role more then I did as him on the court for UNC...lol

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
this hire is pure strength boys. we live in social media world. we looking like a carolina staff. i look forward

ya'll down?
I'm not down. I'm not down with hiring any coach who is not allowed to coach. A head coach and three assistants is more than plenty.

I like the idea of having someone take care of things like logistics, film acquisition, travel stuff, and all the minutia so our coaches can concentrate on coaching the team! I don't want Hubs focusing on film editing when he could be scouting, recruiting, analyzing players' games, fine tuning our O, and the million other things HCs do!

Didn’t Pat redshirt one year, then got hurt his final year and didn’t get to play much? That was some team in 94/95 with Wallace, Stackhouse, McGinnis, Calabria, etc…. I just don’t remember seeing much of Pat Sullivan near the end of that season. I think I remember Dean Smith saying it was one of the most unfortunate things he’s ever seen as a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT