ADVERTISEMENT

Please DO NOT post links or paste to and from competitors' sites

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Guys, this is a business, and we cannot allow links to competitors' sites posted here nor can we allow people pasting content from other sites. They work hard to do this for a living and deserve the clicks on their own content so they can remain in business, and we also don't need competing work on our site taking away from what we do. Please respect those of us who do this for a living so all of us can continue bringing you our work from our own platforms.

Thank you.

Does that prohibition includes links to videos of players on YouTube? I hope not. I don't think of THI and YouTube as competitors.

Does that prohibition includes links to videos of players on YouTube? I hope not. I don't think of THI and YouTube as competitors.

It depends on whose videos they are. YouTube is a paltform, it's not media or competition. But if our direct competition posts a video on youtube it shouldn't be on our boards.

It depends on whose videos they are. YouTube is a paltform, it's not media or competition. But if our direct competition posts a video on youtube it shouldn't be on our boards.
Thanks. I think I get it. But just to be sure....

When I saw that we had offered Jarin Stevenson, I looked for a video on YouTube to see what I thought of him. This video caught my interest:

As far as I can tell, the guy who posted this is just a guy on social media and does not have his own, competitive sports website.

So I'm guessing that linking this video would be OK. Is that right?

Thanks. I think I get it. But just to be sure....

When I saw that we had offered Jarin Stevenson, I looked for a video on YouTube to see what I thought of him. This video caught my interest:

As far as I can tell, the guy who posted this is just a guy on social media and does not have his own, competitive sports website.

So I'm guessing that linking this video would be OK. Is that right?

Yes, it is. Basically, the SI school sites, 247, and now On3 are really the only ones that are off limits.

And thank you for asking for clarification.

Guys, this is a business, and we cannot allow links to competitors' sites posted here nor can we allow people pasting content from other sites. They work hard to do this for a living and deserve the clicks on their own content so they can remain in business, and we also don't need competing work on our site taking away from what we do. Please respect those of us who do this for a living so all of us can continue bringing you our work from our own platforms.

Thank you.

Hi Andrew!

Would "Bleacher Report" be considered a competitor?

If so, my apologies sir.

Thank you!

Hi Andrew!

Would "Bleacher Report" be considered a competitor?

If so, my apologies sir.

Thank you!

No, it's not. To be honest, much of the stuff on that site isn't even written by actual journalists or cedentialed journalists. And thank you for asking.

The only stuff that would really be considered competition are the other networks like ours along with the non-credentialed blogs.

No, it's not. To be honest, much of the stuff on that site isn't even written by actual journalists or cedentialed journalists. And thank you for asking.

The only stuff that would really be considered competition are the other networks like ours along with the non-credentialed blogs.

Thanks for responding Andrew. I really do appreciate it.

I did think it was best to check with you first sir.

Go Heels!

Reactions: andrew jones
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT