ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Alabama vs. The Field

If you had to bet on the next national champion, would you pick Alabama or anybody but Alabama?

• Alabama

• The Field

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
If you had to bet on the next national champion, would you pick Alabama or anybody but Alabama? Dating back to 2009, the Tide have won 4 of the last 8 5 of the last 9 national championships.

Last edited:
Going with the field. Their match-up with FSU might end up being a preview of the championship game

I'm taking the field,I think they lost some of their edge vs Clemson.....Most likely wrong,but what the hell.

Reactions: strummingram
The field is the bet. Vegas has Bama as the favorite, but at +250. The field is almost always the smart bet in questions like these except in situations where there's really no competition, like the NBA - where the Warriors are -185 to win the championship preseason.

Reactions: uncboy10
georgia's game plan was simple -- take away hurts' run game and force him to pass which is his weakness. it was working beautifully but they had no game plan for the brilliant freshman. great game!

Reactions: Archer2
Can’t argue with their results but like the Patriots they’ve managed to win their last two by just making one more play than their final opponent.

Stat that is unbelievable - in two of Alabama’s last three games there was not a single snap of the ball with them in the lead.

I'll stick with the field. At some point in the next 20 years they will lose and I want to be able to say I called it.

Does anybody else have the feeling that Saban’s program is dirty?

It very well could be, but if they’re dirty then all of the major names in football are dirty. Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Florida, FSU, Miami, Clemson, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, USC, Oregon, all of em.

It very well could be, but if they’re dirty then all of the major names in football are dirty. Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Florida, FSU, Miami, Clemson, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, USC, Oregon, all of em.
Right. Being "dirty" isn't a black or white issue. Everybody bends the rules. The difference is the degree to which different programs bend the rules.

Somebody on the main board poasted a series of pictures that showed Julio Jones arriving at the stadium(s) before each game of his junior season with Alabama. Jones was wearing a different suit, shirt, and tie in each picture, all well-tailored. His mom was working at a chain fried chicken restaurant at the time. You do the math.

Right. Being "dirty" isn't a black or white issue. Everybody bends the rules. The difference is the degree to which different programs bend the rules.

Somebody on the main board poasted a series of pictures that showed Julio Jones arriving at the stadium(s) before each game of his junior season with Alabama. Jones was wearing a different suit, shirt, and tie in each picture, all well-tailored. His mom was working at a chain fried chicken restaurant at the time. You do the math.

Clemson players get free suits too. For “media purposes.”

I would think most of those programs are cheating to some extent.

Really? Sounds like an extra benefit not available to the rest of the student body. Well, I guess as long as they don't try to sell them....

*ducks*

If you’re a pell grant student you can get a free suit as a senior for job interviews.

You can actually watch them getting fitted on clemson’s football vlog on YouTube, so I’m sure it’s not any kind of infraction. Seems like BS to me though.

I’m pretty sure they can also get car loans they shouldn’t qualify for. Tahj Boyd drove a brand new camaro around campus his senior year.

If I can get even money I'm taking Bama, since they're between -130 and -200 from what I've seen.

I saw bets out there for potential title games. They had Alabama vs. Georgia/Ohio State/Clemson... and Bama was favored by at least 10 points in all of those hypotheticals.

The committee will put them in the playoff even if they lose twice. And then they won't lose in the semi-final or final. They're winning it all again.

Reactions: Archer2
If I can get even money I'm taking Bama, since they're between -130 and -200 from what I've seen.

I saw bets out there for potential title games. They had Alabama vs. Georgia/Ohio State/Clemson... and Bama was favored by at least 10 points in all of those hypotheticals.

The committee will put them in the playoff even if they lose twice. And then they won't lose in the semi-final or final. They're winning it all again.
Unfortunately, I have to concur.

Aint no betting man so I chose with my heart. My heart is sick and tired of bama this and saban that. I choose the field because screw bama and all their dook football season fans. I feel the same about all those bandwagon teams, cowgirls, wankees, etc. Some pull for the Tar Heels because they win a lot and are accused of being bandwagoners. Not me, I'm a Tar Heel born and a Tar Heel bred, and when I die I'll be Tar Heel dead....hell even my ghost will still pull for the Heels!

giphy.gif

Reactions: MWHeels
I'm not a fan of either team. I just want to see a competitive game since the semifinal games were major disappointments.

I would not bet anything against Saban. I hope Clemson wins, so the ACC will have another National Title in football, but I expect a Bama win by at least 10 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT