ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Rankings

Seems about right. It will be interesting to see how Arizona holds it together as the FBI case unfolds.

Yep, the annual pimping of duke, Ky, Kansas, and Arizona as the pre-season final 4...

Didn't they have us around the same spot last pre-season? LOL

Yep, everyone kept saying how it difficult it would be to even make it back to the final four after losing Marcus and Brice. LOL

If we are #9 our returning (Sr. Jr. & So.) Heels better step up their game.

Think we are about 5 spots too high. Still think it's a top 15 caliber team, but because of the way Roy likes to play and our huge question marks up front 9th is a bit ambitious, at least In October. Had Bradley returned I'd say we would be top 5.

I don't think saying we might could be ranked a little lower Is from "lack of faith". I think saying we are still a top 15 team definitely isn't bad after losing our entire front court. we have a high ceiling but I fully expected unc to win it all last year. This year I think going into the season sweet sixteen Is a reasonable outlook, with hope for more with s good bracket.

Reactions: tarheel0910
It will be fun to beat the preseason #1 team a few times this year. They will have their usual under performing results.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I feel we will be a final four team. Joel Berrys leadership and don't lose mentality will dominate the locker room come tourney time. The young bigs will have an entire season under their belts and will be better than given credit for imo. Jaleks talent will be huge, he could replace JJs points in the box score. Not likely as much, but he could be our go to scorer other than Berry come march

Reactions: MWHeels
The best thing about the pre-season polls is going back and reviewing them in April.....

Sadly, the media hacks who put this dreck together don't seem to get reviewed based on the crap they come up with in October.... imagine a stock broker with as many misses as Jeff Goodman?

If Brooks shows up and can contribute a solid 15 min. then hope the other two can give at least some minutes, we might be okay. Folks are saying Brooks came to play based on practice thus far.

That is way too optimistic IMO. We have a LOT of growing and maturing to do in the middle and those young pups will struggle, especially early on in the season.

Just settle back and watch em grow and develop....we are a top 15-20 team and perhaps with some luck an elite 8 team at seasons end.

That is way too optimistic IMO. We have a LOT of growing and maturing to do in the middle and those young pups will struggle, especially early on in the season.

Just settle back and watch em grow and develop....we are a top 15-20 team and perhaps with some luck an elite 8 team at seasons end.

This team will definitely be fun to watch. They may be young, but no team in college basketball has better senior leadership than Joel Berry and Theo Pinson. This team will be much improved by the end of the season.

Go Heels!

Reactions: Archer2
We got 2-3 all acc caliber players with all acc caliber talent backing them up. Then we have a couple ft line spots manned by guys who prob wouldnt even start on most acc schools with noone to back them up. One of the strangest make ups of a unc team i can remember. Hard to imagine a return to the final four but roy has made a mockery of everones predictions last couple years.

We got 2-3 all acc caliber players with all acc caliber talent backing them up. Then we have a couple ft line spots manned by guys who prob wouldnt even start on most acc schools with noone to back them up. One of the strangest make ups of a unc team i can remember. Hard to imagine a return to the final four but roy has made a mockery of everones predictions last couple years.

I agree 100%, especially the part about it being one of the strangest make ups of a unc team. Not dissimilar to the 12-13 squad that eventually had to go small.

The young guys in the front court will get better. It will just take some time.

Last edited:
This team should be able to score in bunches with all the talent around the perimeter. If we find a combo that can hold down the paint then this team could make a trip back to the FF to defend the title.

Reactions: MWHeels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT