NC state
@ Pitt
@ Clemson (12)
@ dook (19)
Miami
@ UVa (18)
Va Tech (20)
Louisville (16)

UNC is 3-3 with Stanford being the best win. Five are against currently ranked teams and five are at home. I can honestly see UNC going 8-1 or 1-8 in this stretch. If the frosh guards are gonna turn the corner it has to happen now. UNC controls its destiny still because they have a lot of chances to get solid Quad 1 wins but time is running out. At some point shots have to start falling and Harris allows Roy to actually put 5 experienced players together on the court at the same time.

On paper that is a very difficult string of games but no one knows what will happen this year. Young is not an excuse any more, you can either play at an ACC level or you cannot. I am still hoping for a nice tourny run in March but growing frustrated that this team cannot overcome its flaws. Sometimes the parts just don't mesh. Covid saved Roy's ncaa appearance string, but I'm nervous the hole is just too deep.

Next 9 games are crucial.

Wake
NC state
@ Pitt
@ Clemson (12)
@ dook (19)
Miami
@ UVa (18)
Va Tech (20)
Louisville (16)

UNC is 3-3 with Stanford being the best win. Five are against currently ranked teams and five are at home. I can honestly see UNC going 8-1 or 1-8 in this stretch. If the frosh guards are gonna turn the corner it has to happen now. UNC controls its destiny still because they have a lot of chances to get solid Quad 1 wins but time is running out. At some point shots have to start falling and Harris allows Roy to actually put 5 experienced players together on the court at the same time.

On paper that is a very difficult string of games but no one knows what will happen this year. Young is not an excuse any more, you can either play at an ACC level or you cannot. I am still hoping for a nice tourny run in March but growing frustrated that this team cannot overcome its flaws. Sometimes the parts just don't mesh. Covid saved Roy's ncaa appearance string, but I'm nervous the hole is just too deep.
Looks like a freaking walk in the park compared to ANY Big 10 teams schedule going forward. I am more concerned that there will not be ENOUGH quality wins available to move us up the seed lines going forward.
Like Kentucky is completely screwed unless they win the SEC tourney. Just not enuff good wins to be had for UK if they ever start playing better.

Reactions: DeuceManJones
It’s not a difficult stretch for a good team. Any conference stretch is difficult for a bubble team. UNC is 0-5 in quadrant one games. The committee won’t snub both Duke and UNC if they’re on the bubble. Sweeping Duke and 17 total wins would do the trick

Absolutely must win the next three games. That would put UNC at 6-3 in the conference, with 9 to play. Going 6-3 in those is realistic.

I know the ACC is down, but 17-8 (12-6) seems like it would do it. The seed would be low and Carolina would have to play really well to get to the second weekend. But I think they'd get in.

Reactions: superstar57
Absolutely must win the next three games. That would put UNC at 6-3 in the conference, with 9 to play. Going 6-3 in those is realistic.

I know the ACC is down, but 17-8 (12-6) seems like it would do it. The seed would be low and Carolina would have to play really well to get to the second weekend. But I think they'd get in.

ACC has 20 conf games this season

If this team is turning the corner I could see 7-2, but I could also see us going 2-7 if we haven't. Ant Harris play of all people will determine our fate with this remaining schedule.

UNC has quietly climbed into 4th place in ACC with 4 of next 6 games against teams in top half of conference. Only 2 games out of first place.

UNC has quietly climbed into 4th place in ACC with 4 of next 6 games against teams in top half of conference. Only 2 games out of first place.

Heels are 3 games out of first, not 2, but I agree if we handle business against the upcoming teams we play, we keep ourselves in it & have a much better chance for a top 3 finish in conference.

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
The Heels were scheduled to play 20 ACC games like everyone else, but due to cancellations, they will likely only play 18, maybe fewer. I wonder how many some other schools like Dook are scheduled to play? And it will get interesting judging teams who have played fewer games, maybe almost none out of conference, or none where they posted good wins. Looking at you, Rat Boy.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I'm sure once ratty contracts the new Durham Variant of Covid-19, which is extremely contagious and primarily attacks the spine, the entire season will be stricken and his team proclaimed a #1 seed!

He will lead his "men" to achieve history as the 2nd #1 seed to lose to a 16!

Reactions: keysersosay#1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT