ADVERTISEMENT

PSU's Brockington to UNC ??

Brockington entered the portal at the conclusion of the season, along with six of his teammates, but announced that he was returning to play for new Penn State head coach Micah Shrewsberry on March 26.
His announcement post has since been deleted.
y51iguecbjqp9r3ga8jn

The news comes one day after John Harrar announced his intention to exit the transfer portal and return to Penn State for his final season. Seth Lundy has also indicated he plans to return.
Since he transferred from St. Bonaventure, Brockington has been a regular fixture in Penn State's rotation.
He started 24 of Penn State's 25 games last season while averaging just about 30 minutes a night. He ranked second on the team with 12.6 points per game, along with 4.9 rebounds per game and 1.7 assists per game.

So a guy that works at twitter transferred to Penn State because John Harrar has 6 teammates at St Bonaventure that can rebound but living in Philly makes it better to have assists?

Sorry but I'm confused.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I hope that the story is bogus. UNC has plenty of shooting guards. A decent player for a decent Penn State team does not make sense

WE NEED another BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a 4 or 5 star who will leave in a year. Rather someone who can come in and give Bacot(if he is back) a rest and bang the boards inside and MAYBE score a little.
Right you are, Max. And preferably one who will return at least one more year. We lose Bacot(most likely), and Manek after this season. To me, that means he will probably be a high school recruit(fingers crossed).

As of now, our two biggest players are Manek & McKoy. Neither have ever played a single game for UNC. We desperately need size and hopefully size with more than one or two years eligibility. I know Davis says he wants shooters not screeners, but we have eight scholarship guards already on the roster. Hopefully, Bacot will be back to give us three bigs with Manek & McKoy! The remaining two spots must go to bigs or we are going to be razor thin next season and at the mercy of low life zebras!

As of now, our two biggest players are Manek & McKoy. Neither have ever played a single game for UNC. We desperately need size and hopefully size with more than one or two years eligibility. I know Davis says he wants shooters not screeners, but we have eight scholarship guards already on the roster. Hopefully, Bacot will be back to give us three bigs with Manek & McKoy! The remaining two spots must go to bigs or we are going to be razor thin next season and at the mercy of low life zebras!

I know we’ve talked to Reid..but I find it weird that we don’t have a couple offers out to some more bigs! I’m not even sure we’re talking to anyone else??? Maybe I missed it!

Styles can play some 4

I think so too. And he may steal some of Leaky’s time at SF if Leaky doesn’t step his game up.
I like Style, he plays with a little bit of attitude, Dunn does to. Would really prefer that this kid could be the 4th big this season rather than the 3rd big. We really need 1more big guy, hope it can be Reid, if it is get excited!

But I want us to snag a big that is ready to contribute, not just a big guy for the sake of his being big, in other words, we don't another Justin Knox, other wise let Styles battle as best he can from the 3rd big man spot, means we go small right out the gate, would rather that not have to happen.

I would like a Big who knows he is BIG, and is happy with backing up Bacot, and providing insurance in case of injury and foul trouble

Patrick Tape got hardly any burn at Duke. Maybe he'd like to be a backup here.

Doesn't look like he's headed toward a career playing for pay, but it would be pretty cool, later in life, to be able to say you played for both Carolina and Duke.

Patrick Tape got hardly any burn at Duke. Maybe he'd like to be a backup here.

Doesn't look like he's headed toward a career playing for pay, but it would be pretty cool, later in life, to be able to say you played for both Carolina and Duke.
It's a good thought. Even though Tape' is listed at 6'10", it was obvious watching him that he is at most 6'7". Bacot and Sharpe were at least four inches taller

It's a good thought. Even though Tape' is listed at 6'10", it was obvious watching him that he is at most 6'7". Bacot and Sharpe were at least four inches taller
Ouch. I didn't realize that.

I recall that Coleman was listed as 6'6 or 6'7 coming out of HS but is now listed at 6'8. I wonder what the truth is there, since Coleman actually looked promising in the few minutes I saw. Clearly a guy who needed more time, but also a guy who would probably get pretty good.

I still wish we had offered Tanner Groves. But now that he's gone, I would love to get Tre Mitchell.

I hope we are working really hard to fill the obvious need for a guy who can back up at both front court positions this year, and is good enough to start next year. Heck, if Bacot doesn't stick around, we'll need 2 guys like that, and at least one of them will need to be good enough to start right away. That's why I liked Groves. He can play both spots, and is good enough to start if he has to (and would otherwise get starter minutes backing up both positions). But that ship has sailed.

Ouch. I didn't realize that.

I recall that Coleman was listed as 6'6 or 6'7 coming out of HS but is now listed at 6'8. I wonder what the truth is there, since Coleman actually looked promising in the few minutes I saw. Clearly a guy who needed more time, but also a guy who would probably get pretty good.

I still wish we had offered Tanner Groves. But now that he's gone, I would love to get Tre Mitchell.

I hope we are working really hard to fill the obvious need for a guy who can back up at both front court positions this year, and is good enough to start next year. Heck, if Bacot doesn't stick around, we'll need 2 guys like that, and at least one of them will need to be good enough to start right away. That's why I liked Groves. He can play both spots, and is good enough to start if he has to (and would otherwise get starter minutes backing up both positions). But that ship has sailed.
Amen. We are going to be razor thin at the 4/5 spots, even if Bacot returns. McKoy may have to play SF and PF, depending on our needs. We need a 2-3 year 4* PF from somewhere.

I know we’ve talked to Reid..but I find it weird that we don’t have a couple offers out to some more bigs! I’m not even sure we’re talking to anyone else??? Maybe I missed it!
Patience young grasshopper. Portal will be musical chairs through June. I think there will be some really good options that have not even considered entering the portal as of now. This thing is fluid, may be a terrific option 1 day 2 days 2 weeks from now.....

Ciassefrom Memphis just entered. Former 5 star raw but extremely athletic. 6'10" aceraged 6/6 with 1.6 blocks as trueFreshman. If he doesn't have too much Memphis stink on him, he is the prime example of what the Portal offers, and he has multyple years of eligibility.

Ciassefrom Memphis just entered. Former 5 star raw but extremely athletic. 6'10" aceraged 6/6 with 1.6 blocks as trueFreshman. If he doesn't have too much Memphis stink on him, he is the prime example of what the Portal offers, and he has multyple years of eligibility.

He started every game, averaging 18 mpg and shot 55.6% from 2pt range. If his abysmal foul shooting is correctable, he could be just what the doctor ordered as a backup center this season, and starter next season.

But is Hubert even looking for traditional inside-only centers? It's unclear to me whether he wants to continue that part of the tradition.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Seems pretty athletic so he should be able to adapt. There will never be a time that rim protection and inside play won't be valued in bball! Somebody has to get a rebound and stop the opponent from doing the same and somebody has to dissuade layups!

Seems pretty athletic so he should be able to adapt. There will never be a time that rim protection and inside play won't be valued in bball! Somebody has to get a rebound and stop the opponent from doing the same and somebody has to dissuade layups!

Exactly right. I'm so over the fad of "positionless" basketball. But I acknowledge that it dominates the current landscape of basketball. Fine. But let's not get carried away. We can't possibly consider having zero bigs on the court. And Mando cannot play 40 minutes. We need a big in a bad way.

"Positionless" is stupid because they still line up in the same places as if they had positions, lol Not everybody handles the ball and not everybody hangs out near the rim. It is like the idiotic "dribble drive" is there any other kind of drive? Oh my God, did Slimy just invent driving into a gap!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT