ADVERTISEMENT

QB Competition from a Dawg Fan

Dec 2, 2006
Who do you feel will win the starting QB? I lived outside of Chapel Hill for 10 years so i follow UNC football. Personally, I would have Byrd out there. Not many guys with his athleticism and can sling it around like he can. I know one of the QB's had 3 td's today, but I was not overly impressed.

Who do you think wins it? Im going with Byrd.

Brandon Harris, but Byrd will see the field -- I'm certain of it.

He's too good of a bruising runner not to see the field, now that his redshirt has been achieved, there's no reason for him not to get some burn. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all four QBs get time... and I don't mean in garbage time.

Seems like Byrd and surratt have more upside than Elliot, but he might be a tad more steady. Need to get a big lead on Cal and let them play 4th quarter

I think that's a premature statement. All had their moments of looking godawful in the spring game.

By steady, I mean he is probably more reliable decision-making wise. He's seen live action, seen more video and practice reps. Surratt and Byrd are more athletic, so Elliot must be doing something right to keep him in the mix and it is either accuracy, arm or decision-making

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT