ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. Lauren Hill

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
Some of y'all probably saw the story on ESPN a few months back on Lauren Hill, a 19-year-old freshman college basketball player who had an inoperable brain tumor. The NCAA agreed to let her college -- Mount St. Joseph in Division III -- move their opening game up a few weeks so that Lauren could play, as her condition was deteriorating.

She passed away this morning. 19 years old. Rest in peace, Lauren. I'll admit that this story brings a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat. Seems incredibly unfair that such a courageous, young girl, with her whole life ahead of her, was dealt this awful hand. By all accounts, she met the challenge of inoperable cancer head-on and courageously battled each day to inspire others and raise money for cancer research, all while knowing that her time on this earth was limited.

Stories like this just break my heart. Article is linked to my post.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12660347/mount-st-joseph-basketball-player-lauren-hill-19-dies-pediatric-brain-cancer

RIP Lauren

So much courage she displayed and this young lady became an inspiration to all . .

T's and P's to all her friends and family.

My oldest son is 19 so stories like this just hammer my heart.

You watch the video of that game and it's the reaction of the girls on the opposing team that just leaps out at you. Lauren scored and the place went crazy, of course, but you can see the girls on the other team standing and watching the celebration and wiping tears from their eyes. IIRC, they had all gone out to eat together before the game and had really bonded.

They are all great representatives for their respective schools...RIP Lauren.

I was about to post a Fugee's song lyric. But she's Lauryn Hill. I don't know too much about Lauren Hill. But whenever any young person passes, it's sad.

R.I.P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT