ADVERTISEMENT

Radar Offer Board--Updated 2/12/21

Lucas Taylor added to 2021 "On the Radar"
Jalen Duren added to 2022 "On the Radar" ( Monster!)

Lucas Taylor highlights
Let's offer Taylor. We need SFs too.

Seems to be a very versatile scorer and, unlike the video highlights for some other players, this one actually shows him finishing through contact a few times. Not killer contact, but at least some contact.

Clearly that 122 composite ranking is way wrong.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Steat
Duren is 2022!!! That is a man right there! Love his aggression and his bounce. (his bounce gets as high as the previous jump and this I like) He needs to keep the ball higher and stop dribbling to set his feet, but these are easy to fix. He should immediately start working on his shot form and facing the basket, but this kid is a serious monster in the making!

I like Taylor too and I hope he stops all the posing and wolfing and gets to work! I need to see more of him but I already see an instinctive scorer who should have the skills to be a plus defender if he has the will. I think Roy could turn this kid into a real problem for opponents!

Offer both immediately!

Reactions: Steat
I'm trying to figure out Roy's logic on offers. I did notice a couple of things.

One, Banchero was Roy's first offer for 2021 and he has eliminated UNC. I don't know of any insiders that say UNC leads for any of the next 5 offers. I have outlined these 5 players in green below.

Now, that leaves 4 other offers. Styles has committed and UNC apparently leads for Sallis and Dunn. Smith was offered yesterday and some feel he may jump soon. Now, will Roy take 3,4 or 5 for 2021?

I think many folks will say at this juncture if UNC gets a commitment from any of the players outlines in "green" it would be a shocker (i.e. Walker Kessler). There is always one....you just never know.

My read? Unless Roy gets a commitment from Sallis and or Dunn within the next 2-4 months he may make some leverage offers (if not sooner) to get Sallis/Dunn to jump...similar to what he did last year with Bryce and Ziaire.

I think Sallis is the key because the Heels will have a need for a point guard and Roy may be thinking of Sallis playing the 1 in 2021.

I will do an analysis for 2020 soon.

2021 (10 offers, 1 commitment)

Paolo Banchero OFFERED 7/14/19 - Eliminated UNC
Patrick Baldwin OFFERED 7/16/19
Kennedy Chandler OFFERED 11/24/19
Chet Holmgren OFFERED 1/19/20
Harrison Ingram OFFERED 2/16/20
Trevor Keels OFFERED 1/21/20

Dontrez Styles OFFERED 3/23/20 Committed 4/18/20
Hunter Sallis OFFERED 4/27/20
D'Marco Dunn OFFERED 5/17/20
Jabari Smith OFFERED 7/16/20

Days With 2021 Offer (Updated 7/16/20)
Dontrez Styles - 26 days (committed 4/18/20)
Patrick Baldwin 365
Kennedy Chandler 264
Chet Holmgren 208
Trevor Keels 178
Harrison Ingram 150
Hunter Sallis 79
D'Marco Dunn 60
Jabari Smith 1

Reactions: DeuceManJones
Those crystal ball guys, as you said vik, can't put much stock in their offerings until very late in the recruiting process.
As '05 said above, I'd sure go with Sallis, Dunn and Smith to go with Styles.

Yup. Perfect class for us! But I'm happy if we get Sallis and Dunn to go with Styles! I really don't like most of the ones in Green as much as many peeps. Other than Keels, I don't see any born Tar Heels!

I'm trying to figure out Roy's logic on offers. I did notice a couple of things.

One, Banchero was Roy's first offer for 2021 and he has eliminated UNC. I don't know of any insiders that say UNC leads for any of the next 5 offers. I have outlined these 5 players in green below.

Now, that leaves 4 other offers. Styles has committed and UNC apparently leads for Sallis and Dunn. Smith was offered yesterday and some feel he may jump soon. Now, will Roy take 3,4 or 5 for 2021?

I think many folks will say at this juncture if UNC gets a commitment from any of the players outlines in "green" it would be a shocker (i.e. Walker Kessler). There is always one....you just never know.

My read? Unless Roy gets a commitment from Sallis and or Dunn within the next 2-4 months he may make some leverage offers (if not sooner) to get Sallis/Dunn to jump...similar to what he did last year with Bryce and Ziaire.

I think Sallis is the key because the Heels will have a need for a point guard and Roy may be thinking of Sallis playing the 1 in 2021.

I will do an analysis for 2020 soon.

2021 (10 offers, 1 commitment)

Paolo Banchero OFFERED 7/14/19 - Eliminated UNC
Patrick Baldwin OFFERED 7/16/19
Kennedy Chandler OFFERED 11/24/19
Chet Holmgren OFFERED 1/19/20
Harrison Ingram OFFERED 2/16/20
Trevor Keels OFFERED 1/21/20

Dontrez Styles OFFERED 3/23/20 Committed 4/18/20
Hunter Sallis OFFERED 4/27/20
D'Marco Dunn OFFERED 5/17/20
Jabari Smith OFFERED 7/16/20

Days With 2021 Offer (Updated 7/16/20)
Dontrez Styles - 26 days (committed 4/18/20)

Patrick Baldwin 365
Kennedy Chandler 264
Chet Holmgren 208
Trevor Keels 178
Harrison Ingram 150
Hunter Sallis 79
D'Marco Dunn 60
Jabari Smith 1

Caleb Houstan reclassified to 2021, so he can be added to this list. However, that move typically means no commitment for Carolina.

Perhaps that is connected to the Mitchell offer in 2022.

With two one and dones in 18-19, Cole last year, and the great class this year, I’m hoping once again we will be the landing spot for a lot of the nations top player. I love this coming class, seems to have a great mixture of four year players and potential one and dones.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
It's also worth noting a lot of different pundits have us in the lead for different recruits. Bossi says we lead for Sallis. Evans thinks we lead for Smith and were/are in a really good place with Houstan who's know reclassified. Couple of guys think we lead for Dunn. It's nice to have a perceived lead but as stated above, for some reason we can never seem to hold on to leads for long periods of time so it would be nice to wrap one or two of these guys up early.

Speaking of Houstan, him reclassing was something that had been speculated for a while now. We know how Roy tends to feel about those so we'll see if that affects our pursuit any. I sure hope not. Seems we lost steam with Ingram a bit.

Guess that Jarace Walker offer wont becoming any time soon or at all. Hope this Mitchell Jr. kid has some mutual interest.

You call the Kessler commitment a shocker, and I don't really understand why. He had nothing but great things to say about UNC and Roy during his recruitment, said he was very interested, visited, and committed. Nothing shocking about it.

You call the Kessler commitment a shocker, and I don't really understand why. He had nothing but great things to say about UNC and Roy during his recruitment, said he was very interested, visited, and committed. Nothing shocking about it.

There was not one insider that projected Kessler to UNC. Thus, it was a shocker. Most had him going to Duke or Auburn.

The reason why is because the other 9 times, the buck stops at "visited".

There was not one insider that projected Kessler to UNC. Thus, it was a shocker. Most had him going to Duke or Auburn.
I was so happy on that Sunday when I found out that Kessler committed to our Tar Heels. I think the last time I was shocked like that was when B. Wright committed to us. I really thought we would have gotten T. Young. I remembered Young could have pulled the trigger but he drew out his recruitment and Mr. Wright beat him to the punch. I’m looking forward to seeing Walker and Sharpe playing together. I think that could be scary for a lot of Teams as those two are a mismatch nightmare. I do hope they stay in Chapel Hill for two years or more.

What about the following for 2021?

Houstan to Duke pushing Baldwin to UNC.

Now that would be a shocker. Will not happen, but would love to see it.

Kid's family is about education & life after basketball, hence Kenan-Flagler, kid loved it too.

Added Rahsool Diggins (2021) to "On The Radar"...

Read the same and my thoughts too, I'll take Houstan in a heartbeat if Baldwin ends up over to Derm.
Recruiting sure is on oddity at times.

Reactions: gthreadgill7929
Read the same and my thoughts too, I'll take Houstan in a heartbeat if Baldwin ends up over to Derm.
Recruiting sure is on oddity at times.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they got both...I don’t trust anything that involves coach k rat

As to Diggins, Nova is all over him and Starling is cozy with the 'Cuse....we're okay.

Houstan is a game changing talent! I am not as enamored with Baldwin though. (it's been a minute since I saw him play though) Houstan sure sounded like he was really high on the rat to me though so I would be shocked if he ended up with us!

Reactions: bobcrane14
I'm not advocating "Positionless" basketball, but signing players such as Styles who can play either forward position is significant. I only saw highlights of Brizzi... Sorry to read that he is on the brink of a decision. It looks like he could contribute at both guard positions. Similar to former UVa guard, Ty Jerome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT