ADVERTISEMENT

Random Thoughts

Players these days seem much softer than even like ten years ago. These freshman seem to not have winners mentality’s coming in.

Twitter Facebook Insta obsession making them soft in the head. Combined with AAU obnoxious self indulgent context and nba poaching and you end up with talented but totally unprepared players.
Freshman were not asked to carry teams back then either. I do not buy softer at all, just much quicker jumping into the fire nowadays. Better be tougher in many aspects. No slow working them in scenarios nowadays.

those are pretty horrible comparisons for reasons I really doubt I have to explain but just in case- you can’t take a tv with you everywhere you go, for one thing. I don’t envy these guys attention being scattered in 900 different directions every second of the day. If you doubt this has an effect you’re living In fantasy land.

beyond that, do you disagree with my original statement? I mean besides posting a tired simpsons gif that’s been used ten thousand times.
I think his sarcasm went right over your head.

Reactions: dadika13
I must agree after Harris’s first game back which was a major spark in a win he has barely hit the scoresheet but if watch the end of games he and Platek who also is not much of a scorer are in to play defense. So Coach Williams has shown recently he trusts Harris is the game defensively when the game is close.

It is unfortunate that Harris is normally in the game with Platek and Davis and two bigs so there are not many options on the offensive end.
I think the small sample size for Ant last season gave us a false impression of Ant's game. Coming in he was not expected to be a big time scorer but rather a high motor defensive guy. His jump shot clearly needs to be re-tooled and he really has not been able to work on that for the last couple years because he was so involved in rehab. I expect his focus for the next off season to be to work on that shooting stroke, interested to see how it will develop for next season.

I think the small sample size for Ant last season gave us a false impression of Ant's game. Coming in he was not expected to be a big time scorer but rather a high motor defensive guy. His jump shot clearly needs to be re-tooled and he really has not been able to work on that for the last couple years because he was so involved in rehab. I expect his focus for the next off season to be to work on that shooting stroke, interested to see how it will develop for next season.
I don’t necessarily think it was a false impression. I think he’s rehabilitated from two major injuries and gun shy. It takes a while to turn loose. But you are right about his time lost, and needing to focus on his shot.

I thought this was an old snl skit or perhaps color commentary from Bill Walton....wrong room huh?

Reactions: alabamaheel
As clearly shown this year the most successful teams this year have a good mix of freshmen and upperclassmen. You cannot put a real value on Experience, not talent alone.

I don’t necessarily think it was a false impression. I think he’s rehabilitated from two major injuries and gun shy. It takes a while to turn loose. But you are right about his time lost, and needing to focus on his shot.
Harris had plenty of time to work on his shot. My nephew ,and plenty of others I know, were able to shoot a few months after ACL surgery

Reactions: Tribgrywubb68
Harris had plenty of time to work on his shot. My nephew ,and plenty of others I know, were able to shoot a few months after ACL surgery

I think harris had a burst of energy and inspiration being excited coming back from long injury.His wall that he hit is totally to be expected .

also got to remember this knee has messed up 2 of his last 3 years seasons, hopefully he can reach his potential . Think he can be a good weapon eventually.

Reactions: bobcrane14
I think Ant and Davis need to slow down....they do everything in a hurry. AP was like that earlier in his career......come in the game all wide eyed like a ball of nervous energy. If only the coaches could give Ant and Davis a stiff shot of whiskey before the game.....could melo these guys out a bit.

Reactions: bobcrane14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT