ADVERTISEMENT

Random / Weird News Stories

There's about a 90% chance that a story like this will come from Florida.

Reactions: gteeitup
I lived in Florida for a few years. That place can be a cesspool in certain areas. It has some nice rural areas as well. Also the second in beef production in the country. Man, enjoyed those nights wandering cow fields looking for fungi growth

Seattle Aquarium cancels octopus mating session over cannibalism fears

160215042715-kong-octopus-seattle-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: Raising Heel
In a story that could have come right from the movie Catch Me If You Can . . a young man wandered the halls of a medical building for weeks with a lab coat and surgical mask on, and occasionally, sitting in on a few gynecological exams, until finally, a doctor became suspicious and called security . .

I'm going to assume he got caught because he failed to concur at the appropriate opportunity . .

rofl.gif

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%207.30.24%20AM

A Florida teen successfully posed as a doctor in a hospital gynaecology department for over a month, and was only caught out when he tried to sit in on an examination.

The 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named due to his age, fooled staff at St Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach for 'weeks', strolling around the gynaecology department in a lab coat and surgical mask.

His ruse was only discovered when he sat in on an exam being conducted by (real) doctor Sebastian Kent, who became suspicious and contacted security.

"He presented himself with a patient of our practice and introduced himself as Dr. Robinson. The first thing I thought was, 'I am really getting old because these young doctors look younger every year," Dr Kent recalled to news station WSB-TV.
Hospital security alerted the police, who arrived to put an end to the young imposter's Catch Me If You Can-style escapade.

According to the police report, when questioned by officers the teen insisted that he had been a doctor 'for years', and kept a lab coat hung up in the back of his car, parked in the hospital car park (presumably in a reserved staff parking space).

When the police investigated, they found that hospital staff reported seeing the teenager, who they all assumed was a doctor, wandering the corridors for 'weeks'.

Despite a concerned patient reporting that the 'doctor' clearly 'appeared to be a child', workers at the centre had apparently been fooled by his white coat, complete with St Mary's logo, and stethoscope.

No motive has been released to explain the teenager's bizarre stint as a medical professional, but his mother explained that her son was suffering from an undisclosed illness and had refused to take his prescribed medication.

St Mary's Medical Center agreed not to press charges against the boy. The hospital was quick to emphasise that the Doogie Howser wannabe never examined or treated any patients, or had access to patient care areas.

"The individual never had contact with any hospital patients and did not gain access to any patient care areas of the hospital at any time," read an official statement from the centre.

"The hospital immediately notified local authorities, who took the individual into custody, and we are cooperating with their ongoing investigation."

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article60747256.html

-- Made in Heaven: William Cornelius, 25, and his fiancee, Sheri Moore, 20, were arrested at the Bay City (Michigan) Mall in January, charged with theft. Police found a pair of earrings and a necklace swiped from Spencer Gifts on her, but she refused to "snitch" on Cornelius, who had minutes earlier proposed to her via a Wal-mart loudspeaker and given her a ring, to applause from onlooking shoppers as she accepted. Cornelius, holding $80.93 worth of goods (a watch, an edible thong, a vibrator and "BJ Blast" oral-sex candy), was apprehended at the mall food court, having apparently (according to the police report) "fallen asleep at a table while tying his shoe." [Bay City Times, 1-7-2015]

The government of the Netherlands, seeking to boost the economy while simultaneously improving highway skills, enacted legislation in December to allow driving instructors to be paid in sexual services provided the student is at least 18 years old. Though prostitution is legal, the transport minister cautioned that the "initiative" for the new arrangement must be with the instructor so that the country gains better-trained drivers as a result. [CNN, 12-21-2015]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT