ADVERTISEMENT

Rank 'Em . . . 7 of America's Sporting Events

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
In the order most important to yourself.

There are no wrong answers to this question . .

Daytona 500

Kentucky Derby

The Masters

NCAA Final Four

Super Bowl

US Open Tennis

World Series

I think my list would look like this :

Final Four

World Series

Super Bowl

The Masters

US Open

Kentucky Derby

Daytona 500

Final Four
The Masters
World Series
US Open
Super Bowl
Derby
Race Cars

This list doesn't include the college football national championship game (and now the college football playoffs) and therefore is invalid :p

College football playoff

Final Four

Super Bowl

Daytona 500 or Rolex 24

The Masters

TPC Sawgrass

World Series

My sports viewing interest has declined greatly over the last 15 - 20 years (must have something to do with getting married and having kids). Anyway, here's my take...

Super Bowl - I will always watch the SB no matter who's playing

NCAA Final Four - I will watch 95% of the time, but didn't watch the final game this year because dook sucks!

College Football playoffs - same as FF, didn't watch this year's final because I hate OSU.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Masters - I will watch Sunday afternoon if it looks like there will be some drama

World Series - haven't watched a complete baseball game in over 15 years; might watch some WS depending on teams

Kentucky Derby - might watch if bored and just happen to turn on TV when it finally starts

US Open Tennis - haven't really watched tennis since Chris Everett retired (damn she looked good in her tennis skirt!)

Daytona 500 - grew up going to races with my dad, but haven't watched one in 20 years or so... boring as hell to me now

NBA Finals [/B]- haven't cared at all about NBA since the GOAT retired from the Bulls

Stanley Cup playoffs [/B]- grew up in the South; never watched hockey, but would tune in for the finals before NBA or NASCAR

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to rank these. Is it rank them in order of what I'd most like to attend to what I'd least like to attend? Or is it rank them in order of interest - attending, watching on TV, discussing it, etc? Because my list for the former would be much different than my list for the latter. For example, I like basketball better than horse racing, but I'd rather go to the Kentucky Derby than the Final Four just because of the party. I'm going the "if I were to attend" angle.

The Masters - The mystique is duplicated no where else in sports.
Kentucky Derby - what a party. I love women in hats.
World Series - it's incredible how much cooler postseason baseball is than regular season baseball
Final Four - if UNC isn't in it, then who cares?
US Open - personally, I would have picked Wimbledon for this rank 'em as it's the tennis equivalent of the Masters.
Super Bowl - really have no interest. The Conference Championship weekend is sooooo much better.
Daytona 500 - I've been to dozens of races. Never the D500, but I've done the Coca Cola 600 many times. Same thing.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

This list doesn't include the college football national championship game (and now the college football playoffs) and therefore is invalid :p
I didn't include the CWS either . .

At this time, I would like to thank all the non-sissyfied posters that took a brief moment out of their busy day to add something while participating in this most awesome thread.

This post was edited on 4/13 9:37 AM by BillyL

I'm going with the "watch on TV" ranking

1) Masters
2) Final 4
3) World Series
4) Super Bowl
5) Tennis
6) Kentucky Derby
7) Daytona

Now, if it were attending:

1) Final 4 (if Carolina is playing, if not, switch with 2)
2) World Series
3) Super Bowl
4) Kentucky Derby
5) Tennis
6) The Masters (I have already been to Augusta once, if not, this would move to 3)
7) Nascar

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to rank these. Is it rank them in order of what I'd most like to attend to what I'd least like to attend? Or is it rank them in order of interest - attending, watching on TV, discussing it, etc? Because my list for the former would be much different than my list for the latter. For example, I like basketball better than horse racing, but I'd rather go to the Kentucky Derby than the Final Four just because of the party. I'm going the "if I were to attend" angle.

World Series - it's incredible how much cooler postseason baseball is than regular season baseball
US Open - personally, I would have picked Wimbledon for this rank 'em as it's the tennis equivalent of the Masters.
Super Bowl - really have no interest. The Conference Championship weekend is sooooo much better.
Daytona 500 - I've been to dozens of races. Never the D500, but I've done the Coca Cola 600 many times. Same thing.
You did well for not knowing the criteria for ranking these events.

I didn't pick Wimbledon because that is not one of America's sporting events (as the thread title clearly states). . . c'mon 'Slinger, I know its Monday but, get with the program.

Geezus crackers . .

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

1) Masters
2) Final 4
3) World Series
4) Super Bowl
5) Tennis
6) Kentucky Derby
7) Daytona

2) World Series
3) Super Bowl
4) Kentucky Derby
5) Tennis
6) The Masters (I have already been to Augusta once, if not, this would move to 3)
7) Nascar

But I bet you'd trade all of those just to see Everton win the EPL championship live though, huh?

Originally posted by BillyL:

You did well for not knowing the criteria for ranking these events.

I didn't pick Wimbledon because that is not one of America's sporting events (as the thread title clearly states). . . c'mon 'Slinger, I know its Monday but, get with the program.

Geezus crackers . .
polls_Book.embarrassed_3310_30386_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

1) Masters
2) Final 4
3) World Series
4) Super Bowl
5) Tennis
6) Kentucky Derby
7) Daytona

2) World Series
3) Super Bowl
4) Kentucky Derby
5) Tennis
7) Nascar

But I bet you'd trade all of those just to see Everton win the EPL championship live though, huh?
Of course I would. But the thread title is about American sporting events, you nitwit.

Originally posted by BillyL:
In the order most important to yourself.

There are no wrong answers to this question . .

Daytona 500

Kentucky Derby

The Masters

NCAA Final Four

Super Bowl

US Open Tennis

World Series

I think my list would look like this :

Final Four

World Series

Super Bowl

The Masters

US Open

Kentucky Derby

Daytona 500
Final Four
Super Bowl
Daytona 500
The Masters
World Series
Kensucky Derby
US Open Tennis

1) Masters
2) Final 4
3) World Series
4) Super Bowl
5) Tennis
6) Kentucky Derby
7) Daytona

2) World Series
3) Super Bowl
4) Kentucky Derby
5) Tennis
7) Nascar

Of course I would. But the thread title is about American sporting events, you nitwit.
Me thinks that his hot-looking gymnast wife didn't give him any this weekend . .

NCAA Final Four

Super Bowl

Daytona 500

Kentucky Derby

World Series

The Masters

US Open Tennis

But then again, kinda determined by who is playing in the Super Bowl-World Series

i like the us open in golf better than the masters, but since it's not part of this list, i'll leave off.

super bowl
final four
the masters
kentucky derby
world series
daytona 500
us open tennis

All of these are legit - and if / when my favorite team is playing in one, that automatically jumps that particular event to the front of the list...therefore, impossible to rank them (for me).

I would add the World Cup...not even remotely a soccer fan, but the event would probably be cool to attend.

I would like to clarify some things related to the Kentucky Derby.

1) I am a former Kentuckian (and Louisvillian).

2) Bourbon is delicious.

3) Despite 1. and 2. above, I think mint juleps suck. "But you haven't tried MY mint juleps." Yes, I have, and they suck. They all suck. Quit ruining perfectly good bourbon with sugar and shrubs. Now give me some more burgoo and shut up.

4) The Derby is awesome. However, the Oaks is where the real party's at.

The only one i plan my day around is the siper bowl. All the others i just dont care about that much although i will watch if theres an intriguing match up and theres nothing else on.

Only exception would be if unc is playing
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The 500 or any other Nascar race ahead of any sport with ball. Boogity boogity boogity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT