ADVERTISEMENT

RBs

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
I assume everybody sees Hood as the starter the rest of year (assuming no injuries) and perhaps a star in 2023. But what about the rest off the RB room? Elijah Green looked very good last night, and he's just a Sophomore. Frosh Hampton has shown good power and is still learning. Frosh Pettaway has shown breakaway ability. DJ Jones is a Junior, and while he is a not a potential star in the making, he is a competent reserve RB.

Brooks is coming back for 2023, but if all the other RBs return, I expect that Brooks may see virtually no snaps on Offense - he is a proven top special teams player.

When you have a QB like Maye and the kind of receivers we have, you know that DCs must focus on stopping the passing game. And that means that your RBs can shine precisely because they are not the main focus of opposing Ds.

From what I have seen this year, I think both Hood and Hampton can make an NFL roster.

I would suspect that we see a transfer or two this summer. Too many mouths to feed. It's a good problem to have.

Reactions: hossheel
Talented, but so young. Need to learn how to be patient and let the hole open. Each guy needs to work on vision. I to believe we will lose some due to a lack of playing time, but I do not blame them.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT