ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting GA

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
That is one of my repeat discussions. I have said that doing well in GA recruiting is key for UNC and the ACC.

I just read an article on UGA for this season. It was noted that in last year's NFL draft, GA produced the most draftees - and not one of them played for UGA.

Now, UGA always lands its fair share of the top rated GA produced talent. So that means that a lot kids who get away from UGA, who perhaps were not even offered conditionally by UGA, are good enough to make the NFL

A large number of them.

That is one of my repeat discussions. I have said that doing well in GA recruiting is key for UNC and the ACC.

I just read an article on UGA for this season. It was noted that in last year's NFL draft, GA produced the most draftees - and not one of them played for UGA.

Now, UGA always lands its fair share of the top rated GA produced talent. So that means that a lot kids who get away from UGA, who perhaps were not even offered conditionally by UGA, are good enough to make the NFL

A large number of them.
Yes, you know I beat the "recruit Georgia" drum hard as well, and under Fedora, Georgia has been made a huge priority. Off the top of my head, I can think of all the following Fedora Georgia recruits:

Tre Shaw, Donnie Miles (via Miami), Logan Byrd, Bug Howard, Nick Polino, Tyrone Hopper, Allen Artis, Ayden Bonilla, J.K. Britt, Luke Elder, Tomon Fox, Allen Cater, and I'm sure there's more.

And you are correct that UGA doesn't get all of the good Georgia talent. For one, there's way too many elite prospects in Georgia for UGA to sign them all. For two, every D1 program East of the Mississippi recruits Georgia, or at least recruits Metro Atlanta. Every single one.

Just last year you had 5***** Aubrey Solomon from rural South Georgia (Lee County) go to Michigan, and this year you have THREE Georgia QBs ranked in the Rival's Top 100, and they're all inside the Top 20. Emory Jones (Heard County in extreme western Georgia) going to Ohio State, Trevor Lawrence (Cartersville) going to Clemson, and (Harrison H.S. in Kennesaw) Justin Fields deciding between UGA and FSU.

So there's talent galore in Georgia. UGA is currently riding the early wave of recruiting momentum that comes with a new coach, but it will level off soon.

Last edited:
Georgia, like Florida, is a state that you must recruit if you are in the south.....Many teams will cherry pick the state and fill three to four slots that fill their needs. Recruiting now, is national for filling a few slots.

Oregon has a North Carolina 4 star commit this year and a Georgia kid.

FSU picks up 4-5 every year from the Peach State...four, so far for 2018. Clemson much the same.

Harbaugh has three Ga. kids in the 2018 class so far, of 13 commits. WVU has a couple.

The Heels and the Pack both have a couple as does Louisville.

GA has always been a football talent rich state and it flew under the radar for much of the time. Everyone always pointed to FL, TX and Cali. Penn was up there at one point, but GA has always been mined by UF, Tenn, AU, Bama, Clemson, FSU, USCe and UGa. Coming from Fitzgerald, Ga and living in Moultrie, Ga for sometime as well, it was nothing to see prep players sporting FSU and UF gear. Losing Charlton hurts our Ga pipeline.

carolina can't keep talent instate because of empty seats in kenan and poor fan support.
we're not a football school.
so what's the reason ga can't?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT